• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts has an exact same cutscene from MW2

Xater

I scripted the original scene in MW2 and co-directed those animations.

Reuse is important to making a good game. Players focus varies, and it is only through reuse that you can reasonably guarantee that an asset will even be noticed. The "animated credits" in CoD1 exists partially to insure that players actually got to see the animations in the game.

Making good games is often about how you prioritize your time. You want to spend as much as possible on the things players will appreciate. You could make a different "open the door" anim for each door in the game, but that will not be appreciated as much as putting in new and different gameplay. So you reuse where you can.

That being said, this case of reuse is not the same as the above, because the reuse is of a custom, signature moment from an early game's story. That would be find if it were a flash back, I suppose.

I suppose that makes me a Ghost writer.

Well there you go. As most people pointed out such a reuse of a very custom moment is not common practice and nor should it be.

Reminds me of a certain Capcom game...

tU2sMeV.jpg

Top Bottom