• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

SB nation hot seat article.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ll-muschamp-hot-seat-college-football-coaches

Gata fans will be happy.

Flood's record, in and of itself, is probably not enough to justify his termination. But this is a program in open, sustained chaos.

The only issue I have is that Flood's record only wins against bad teams (sorry Arkansas fans). His record against winning teams and the margin by which they lose by is horrific.

And how the fuck is Holgorsen's buyout is 11.3 million. Guess it was a good thing for Texas that they didn't get Luck.

SB nation hot seat article.

Gata fans will be happy.

The only issue I have is that Flood's record only wins against bad teams (sorry Arkansas fans). His record against winning teams and the margin by which they lose by is horrific.

And how the fuck is Holgorsen's buyout is 11.3 million. Guess it was a good thing for Texas that they didn't get Luck.

Flood is like 2-9 against teams with winning records. It's just depressing.

Also apparently RU is just tripping over themselves in the recruiting game.

They have the #3 JUCO QB interested in them. RU contacts him, and then when he reciprocates, RU tells him they have no intention in taking a JUCO QB.

Rutgers recently reached back out to Troy Jones of Nassau Cimmunity College. He was a former Maryland commit who redshirted his first year with the Terps before spending the last two years at Nassau. He has a handful of Sun belt and MAC offers but as quickly as RU reached back out, he was just told by Spence that Rutgers is not looking to get a JuCo quarterback for next year. He really likes RU and might make sense if there were a few ships to spare. Kid has two years left of eligibility and pretty much all his offers are from schools that run a pro set offense. He is also a Dec grad which means he would be eligible to enroll in January and be able to participate in spring ball.

Damn, back down to 2nd place.

GAF Pick'em Week 14 Games

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 4
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 6
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 4
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 12
Ohio State @ Michigan by 14
Duke @ North Carolina by 4 BELIEVE
Alabama @ Auburn by 4
Clemson @ South Carolina by 4 Why am I doing this? ACC ACC ACC
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 10
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 7
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by 14

I'm kind of uncomfortable with picking so many away teams this week, but whatever.

Looks like the Cal - Oregon game next year is going to be played at the new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara. There were rumors that they were going to play The Big Game there, so this isn't quite as bad. I still imagine they might struggle to get enough fans to make the trip down there, but we'll see.

mcgruber

Auburn probably wouldn't get enough juice from the human polls to pass an undefeated team. FSU would likely be unanimous #1 and OSU unanimous #2. But like I said in the last thread, I really want it to come down to undefeated FSU and OSU and a one-loss Auburn because it's going to be super fun no matter who gets left out. The "How could a one-loss team jump us!?!?" rage from OSU or the "How could they leave out the SEC Champs Paawwwwllll" rage from Auburn.

Depends on Michigan state's ranking going into the championship game. If they lose before then, I could see it happening

desh

Oh man, you got to see some pretty damn good football! I enjoy the rivalry so much more with people that actually attended the schools. Good luck on Friday!

Yeah, I went to the game in Pullman in 1998; it was miserable, but at least we won. Game was terrible, as I recall. The year earlier, Ryan fucking Leaf beat us. I swear to god we had them on 3rd and 20+ like 3 or 4 times, and he converted every time.

I went to the Rose Bowl to see us beat Drew Brees' Purdue. That was lots of fun.

Schmitty

I'm going with my two sisters. $150 each, but the seats are kickass. (I paid more for my Wisconsin ticket.)

We were all originally going to go to Indy for the B1G Championship, but that fell through, so we're going to Ann Arbor instead.

Are you going to dress up in your bald ohio state/raiders fan uniform?

lol it was the first result for ohio state fans

hVpECj0.jpg

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 13
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 4
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 6
Ohio State @ Michigan by 28
Duke @ North Carolina by 4
Alabama @ Auburn by 4
Clemson @ South Carolina by 7
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 20
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 7
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by 13

Schmitty

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 4
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 8
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 10
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 7
Ohio State @ Michigan by 21
Duke @ North Carolina by 4 Holy shit Duke is 9-2!
Alabama @ Auburn by 14
Clemson @ South Carolina by 4
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 9
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 6
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by7

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 6
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 8
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 10
Ohio State @ Michigan by 28
Duke @ North Carolina by 4
Alabama @ Auburn by 14
Clemson @ South Carolina by 10
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 14
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 17
UCLA @ USC by 10
Arizona @ Arizona State by 7

pxleyes

Banned
Aww what is wrong with the glitter guys.

I do miss the cowboy hat ladies though.

tHVxnKc.jpg
Yes please. Though really, if you keep your eyes open, you can find similar quality at every game in the state of Florida. I was very impressed by USF's...assets a couple years ago.

AntoneM

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 6
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 12
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 6
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 6
Ohio State @ Michigan by 17
Duke @ North Carolina by 6
Alabama @ Auburn by 4
Clemson @ South Carolina by 6
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 9
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 4
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by 12

These are also mre's picks this week (supposedly).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just to make all the Florida guys really feel good about the state of the Florida Footbawl Program:

Florida Coaches and players react to Florida-on-Florida blocking
All the Florida Gators can do is laugh.

I mean, that's what we did, right?

During Saturday's 26-20 upset loss to Georgia Southern, two Gators are clearly blocking one another on a reverse to Mobile native Solomon Patton. The play gained 7 yards and led to a Florida score.

But the play will be remembered for receiver Quinton Dunbar blocking center Jon Harrison.

As of this posting the video has been viewed more than 462,000 times on YouTube.

"Sometimes you have to laugh," Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease told The Orlando Sentinel. "I'm just like that is ... C'mon."

According to the report, Dunbar was supposed to crack block on the linebacker, Pease said.

But Dunbar locked horns with Harrison, who was pulling on the play.

"I know what Jon was doing; he's trying to get around," Pease said. "I guess I'd tell Quinton to keep his eyes open a little bit."

"I thought it was comical," senior offensive guard Jon Halapio told The Gainesville Sun. "We're all in the locker room joking around about it. I don't even know what happened on that play. I honestly don't know. (Harrison) was supposed to pull to the right, and I think Solomon had the ball or something. I guess Quinton got in his way. I've never seen anything like it."

For the complete report, check out Orla

Your Florida Football Gatas!

Biggest margin of victory for OSU in Ann Arbor since 1961?

That's about the best I got. Already predicted 50-9, but that seems kinda silly now that the funk of last week's game has worn off a bit. Now I'm somewhere around 38-20. At this pace I'll be ready to say it could go either way by Friday.

Biggest margin of victory for OSU in Ann Arbor since 1961?

That's about the best I got. Already predicted 50-9, but that seems kinda silly now that the funk of last week's game has worn off a bit. Now I'm somewhere around 38-20. At this pace I'll be ready to say it could go either way by Friday.

In spite of my previous comments, it's probably going to be closer than expected.

Because we're still us, and you never know what the fuck to expect from our defense.

Trevor Matich just said on SC that he has Winston 3rd on his Heisman not for off field but because he hasnt led any 4th quarter comebacks.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Heisman conversation keeps getting better and better.

andycapps

Looks like Butch Jones is joining LSU and Bama in thinking that 25 scholarships is just a state of mind:

Schools can still backcount and grayshirt their way right past the 25-man “limit.” Take Tennessee’s Butch Jones as the latest example. He’s putting together a top five recruiting class in Knoxville as we speak. His program appears to have room for as many as 30 signees in February (thanks to backcounting), but the Vols are already up to 33 commitments. And they’re still out recruiting. Jones offered up this tease to a booster group yesterday:

“If I can find a way to sign 35 guys, I’m gonna sign ‘em. There is a plan in place. It’s very strategic but it’s all gonna work out. I promise you.”

The “secret plan” Jones has in mind is anyone’s guess, but it’s hard to imagine he’s found a loophole that’s not been taken advantage of by someone else somewhere else.

Counter to this, Georgia has recently sent out scholarship offers guaranteeing 5 years of financial aid. So that is the opposite. Also, you'll probably see this a lot more often, if a recruit signs a financial aid agreement (but not letter of intent), the school is free to contact him as much as they want and they can even speak about them by name publicly. So Richt did that yesterday with recruit, Josh Malone, who is down to Tennessee and UGA. It's a new NCAA rule from this year and Richt is the first to take advantage of it.

On Tuesday, Richt answered media questions about Josh Malone, a 4-star wide receiver from Gallatin, Tenn., who signed a financial aid agreement with UGA last week.

Malone is undecided between the Bulldogs, Tennessee and Clemson, among others. Malone will announce his college decision on Dec. 4.

“I think the guy is a dynamic player. I really do," Richt told reporters. "I think he’s a guy that could come in as a freshman and make a difference, especially if he comes in at the mid-year, which I think is his plan for wherever he goes. With the knowledge that he’d gain in the spring and the summer, and to have a guy like Chris Conley to mentor him, he could take advantage of his skillsets, which I think are outstanding. He has great speed and great height. He’s a very sharp kid, and comes from a great family. We’d love to have him.”

KingGondo

Banned
Trevor Matich just said on SC that he has Winston 3rd on his Heisman not for off field but because he hasnt led any 4th quarter comebacks.

Points deducted. Reason: too dominant.

The Heisman isn't worth paying attention to and hasn't been for a long time. Perhaps the only competition more ridiculous than voting for the Baseball Hall of Fame.

-----

In other news, Shock Linwood is not taking Baylor's loss well.

Also, their fans are all about the sour grapes. Apparently our game atmosphere pales in comparison to mighty Floyd Casey Stadium.

Manhattan, Austin, Norman, Waco, and even Ames are all more than capable of bringing equally or more impressive atmospheres.
Apparently, tarps are loud. Who knew?

In spite of my previous comments, it's probably going to be closer than expected.

Because we're still us, and you never know what the fuck to expect from our defense.

It's officially a "UM has NO chance" situation, so I'm banking on the whole overconfidence thing, I guess. Kinda like you guys against Miami, Patriots-Rams SB, or Pistons-Lakers in 04. Just can't shake the feeling that all of those teams were actually good teams whereas UM clearly isn't.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Ties into the fact that FSU has played no one. Their schedule might even be worse than OSUn's.

It sounds like the baseball hall of fame voters. Coming up with the most tortured explanations on why they vote in the most stupid ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom