• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Saw that earlier. Love it.

All signs point to us playing in the Fight Hunger Bowl in San Fran. Some good things about playing there: a lot of recruits will be able to come to the game, easy for the fanbase to travel there, so we should be able to have quite a few fans at the game.

One of the top RB recruits in the country might be there (Joe Mixon), he already took an official visit here and was up here for the Apple Cup on an unofficial visit. He saw Bishop carry the ball 74 times for well over 300 yards in those games.

Who, the patriots?

He said "we", so that must mean the Jags.

1167835.jpg

LOLOL

reKon

Banned
All the crying in the world from the south won't change the fact that if Ohio State beats Michigan State, they are in the national title game.

All the odds in the world didn't stop Ohio State from beating Miami FL in 2002, even when the refs tried to hand the game over to Miami FL in the fourth quarter (hilarious people remember the last play of the game and not all the gifted calls for Miami FL in the 4th quarter...wonder why?)

All the hate won't stop Ohio State from winning this year either.

Sad part is when Ohio State does win, the hate will just multiple. It sucks being a fanbase of the best program in college football sometimes. -_-

Oh my god. Even though this is just a troll post, I really need to start keeping track of them. Things are going to get crazy next week

Jeff-DSA

I want Ohio State to win, get to the championship game, and then lose by 40 when they can't stop FSU's offense. Also, this allows Urban Meyer to lose and Saban to not even get a chance to lose. Win. Win. Win.

Michigan just put up 41 on you.

Seriously, I could be so much meaner to OSU fans but I'm too classy. Had an alternate response where I used the phrase "your defense blows a horse's cock" but refrained. They should reference the Northwestern common-opponent as well if they want to compare themselves with MSU. Gonna be a dandy.

Oh my god. Even though this is just a troll post, I really need to start keeping track of them. Things are going to get crazy next week

I think it's wild how the Spartans are a very quiet 10 win team. You don't hear anything about them nationally. Just pure unadulterated tOSU and Big Ten weak conference hate, when you got another very strong team right there.

If I had to pick a second favorite team in the dconference, it'd be Sparty. How can you not like that mascot.

Holy shit I don't know if this news was buried or not, but one of Hawaii's RB's was found dead on a beach in Oahu this morning.

HONOLULU -- Authorities say Hawaii running back Willis Wilson was found dead off of Oahu's Sandy Beach after a wave overcame him in shallow water.

Hawaii's athletics department confirmed Wilson's death.

A Honolulu Fire Department report says Wilson was among a group of three men and two women who were wading in shallow water at about 4:30 a.m. on Saturday.

Fire officials and Coast Guard rescuers were called after the group noticed that the 21-year-old Wilson was no longer with them. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports that his body was recovered a few hours later.

Wilson was born in Pearl City and attended high school in Lakewood, Wash., where he was an all-state running back. He transferred from Washington last summer after spending three seasons with the Huskies. He made the travel roster for the Rainbow Warriors' first three games.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...n-found-dead-oahu-beach?ex_cid=espnapi_public

MIMIC

Banned
Mark May, lol. He was riding Stanford to jump us. Then Baylor. And now Auburn.

Surely Mizzu is the next team to star in his "Real No. 2/3" campaign

Jeff-DSA

Sad stuff. You don't mess around at Sandy Beach unless you know it well. That beach has a NASTY shore break, and you can get slammed into the sand hard and then dragged back out. Even shallow wading there is iffy.

And what was he doing there at 4:30am? Was he up early getting some exercise or out late goofing off? Just an unfortunate event either way.

Meier

ESPN's Brad Edwards thinks there's a solid chance Auburn jumps both FSU and Ohio State in the computers if they win the SEC CCG, not sure if that's enough to overcome the polls.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10060544

He doesn't believe it -- certainly not about FSU at least. There's 0 scenario FSU isn't #1 after the conference championships. ESPN is about getting people worked up and watching so they spout bullshit to keep people tuned in. They love negative hypotheticals.

Balphon

ESPN's Brad Edwards thinks there's a solid chance Auburn jumps both FSU and Ohio State in the computers if they win the SEC CCG, not sure if that's enough to overcome the polls.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10060544

They're #5 in both human polls and will likely get up to at least 3 in both even before the CCGs since #1 (Bama) and #4 (Clemson) both lost. Could theoretically be enough to get over Ohio State, I guess.

He doesn't believe it -- certainly not about FSU at least. There's 0 scenario FSU isn't #1 after the conference championships. ESPN is about getting people worked up and watching so they spout bullshit to keep people tuned in. They love negative hypotheticals.

You could at least pretend to have respect for Duke. :p

Playoff Four:
FSU
tOSU
Mizzou
Stanford

Would be good to get four different conferences in there.

There should be a Pac-12 representative IMO, to see if it is as good as the SEC.

So it is only a good win to beat a to 15 team if they are in the SEC then? Penn State should have beaten UCF, who is likely going to a BCS bowl game. The same UCF came within two points of South Carolina.

Oh but since Penn State is in the B1G, it is not a sign of depth. Because your irrational hate for the conference and regurgitating what the tools on ESPN say.
I know you're banned now, but UCF led most of the PSU game. Not sure why we should have lost.

The USC game saw UCF dominate the first half but of course the 3rd quarter implosion made a comeback very difficult to pull off.

Penn St has turned out to be a solid win, though. Especially as it came in Happy Valley.

Somewhere out there... a King Gondo is kicking around furiously.

Why does Oklahoma State lose to some shitty team during their great seasons? You guys are on a path to becoming a meme like Clemson.

jakncoke

Banned
I know you're banned now, but UCF led most of the PSU game. Not sure why we should have lost.

The USC game saw UCF dominate the first half but of course the 3rd quarter implosion made a comeback very difficult to pull off.

Penn St has turned out to be a solid win, though. Especially as it came in Happy Valley.

Your RB can still EAD btw. Also how is that guy already banned? Also its probably perm seeing he was a walk on freshman

So after seeing that Auburn's AD is already making a stink about how they should jump OSU, I've decided to root for them not to. Or even better, lose to Mizzou for already jumping ahead to talking about the MNC.

That's just the COMPUTERS. Human polls will still be FSU/JIT/Aub.

I love that the Sagarin computer has NIU at #2. And they have been in his top 3 for like most of the season.

BS that these computer people don't have to share their algorithms.

ag-my001

I love that the Sagarin computer has NIU at #2. And they have been in his top 3 for like most of the season.

BS that these computer people don't have to share their algorithms.

Sagarin at least gives his "real" ranking that includes margin of victory. It tends to make a lot more sense.

Enfinit

There's so much saltiness in here. Just let it play out and we can shit talk each other next week.

Let it riiiiddddeeeeeeeeeee.

idgaf go gnoles

So after seeing that Auburn's AD is already making a stink about how they should jump OSU, I've decided to root for them not to. Or even better, lose to Mizzou for already jumping ahead to talking about the MNC.

NCAA made the mistake last year of sending ND (weak undefeated team) to the Nat'l Championship.

OSU is this year's ND. There are way better 1-loss teams than them.

I just hope MSU beats them to seal the deal. Otherwise the NC is a write-off; FSU will walk all over OSU unless Winston is suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom