• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
does that game have any noticeable traditions?

I mean, they don't even have jizz jar bonfires. How can they not have one of those and be about traditions?

does that game have any noticeable traditions?

I mean, they don't even have jizz jar bonfires. How can they not have one of those and be about traditions?

Ohio state students jump into mirror lake the Thursday before the game. But since they moved it a week thanksgiving has fucked with this

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Game should always be at noon.

College football is great, we don't need all the best games at 5pm. Spread that shit OUT. Let's have amazing noon kickoffs (B1G/ACC), and amazing 3:30 kickoffs (SEC), and amazing 5pm kickoffs (everybody!), and amazing 9pm kickoffs (#pac12afterdark).

B1G is allowing night games in November now. Nebraska plays at Ohio State first weekend in November in a night game.

I imagine the new TV contract probably will make this even more common to ensure some top flight B1G matchups end up at night. I could also see a little flex scheduling for late-season night games get added in as well.

We always knew The Game wouldn't be at night, by the way, B1G announces all night games prior to the season.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
There's an '''''''FBS''''''' game tonight:

CuAfyhBUIAAJn2Z.jpg

Tune into the next podcast where we'll discuss our theories. I have a couple ideas.

Updated Hurricane Matthew projections. Looks like less impact to Columbia than thought yesterday. Looks like rain shouldn't be too much of a problem in Columbia either, unless projections change again.

u6cGovl.gif

ay7LT9Lh.jpg

UMass @ Old Dominion has been moved up and will be played on Friday instead in preparation: http://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...cle_83a4fd3b-45f2-52c1-9b2a-50ff179f0646.html

Tulane @ UCF has been postponed until November 5th: http://ucfknights.com/news/2016/10/5/football-ucf-athletic-events-postponed.aspx

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Friends in Charleston left today to come stay at my parent's casa. My friend in Savannah dipped out yesterday.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Westerkamp we can deal with if Moore is back.

Carter being out is disastrous though. Between his receiving threat and his blocking, he keeps defenses honest and opens up the Nebraska running game massively.

He basically is what the offense has been keyed around in the RPO game thus far, which is where Nebraska is punishing teams.

I'm headed to Bloomington next week for the game, hopefully we can sqweak out of there with a win, drub Purdue, and go to Madison 7-0

Baylor's title IX coordinator resigned last night. Baylor offered her $50k in hush money. She asked for $2mm. Apparently she's about to go full nuclear to the media.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Baylor's title IX coordinator resigned last night. Baylor offered her $50k in hush money. She asked for $2mm. Apparently she's about to go full nuclear to the media.

Those numbers as initially reported aren't really correct, which makes sense because the whole $50k versus $2 million doesn't really make sense.

As far as I can piece together thus far she did get a $1.5 million settlement for the "just go away" part (rooted in an HR complaint against the administration). The $50k was what she was offered for confidentiality on TOP of the $1.5 million she already had, and she countered with $500k for confidentiality to bring it up to $2 million total.

Westerkamp we can deal with if Moore is back.

Carter being out is disastrous though. Between his receiving threat and his blocking, he keeps defenses honest and opens up the Nebraska running game massively.

He basically is what the offense has been keyed around in the RPO game thus far, which is where Nebraska is punishing teams.

I'm headed to Bloomington next week for the game, hopefully we can sqweak out of there with a win, drub Purdue, and go to Madison 7-0

I talked about in the podcast a few weeks ago. But be sure to hit up Killroys tent in the tailgate lot, they literally just give out booze.

Karl2177

Those numbers as initially reported aren't really correct, which makes sense because the whole $50k versus $2 million doesn't really make sense.

As far as I can piece together thus far she did get a $1.5 million settlement for the "just go away" part (rooted in an HR complaint against the administration). The $50k was what she was offered for confidentiality on TOP of the $1.5 million she already had, and she countered with $500k for confidentiality to bring it up to $2 million total.
To me, the fact that any amount of money is being offered for staying quiet is pretty scummy. Hopefully she comes out, reveals everything bad, and Baylor never exists in the future.

Fuck Baylor.

ag-my001

If that is true, then even the Title IX people are more concerned with money/appearances than fixing a real, serious problem at the university.

Unbelievable, except it's Baylor.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
To me, the fact that any amount of money is being offered for staying quiet is pretty scummy. Hopefully she comes out, reveals everything bad, and Baylor never exists in the future.

Fuck Baylor.

To me, the fact that she was willing to be bribed at all is still scummy...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
If that is true, then even the Title IX people are more concerned with money/appearances than fixing a real, serious problem at the university.

She pretty explicitly accuses the University of that in the interview she did this morning - "A group of senior leaders...made sure they were protecting the brand, I believe, instead of our students."

Of course, two months ago she was saying things like "I keep asking for help, and I get listened to" and "We have an excellent board (of regents) that listens and is very supportive, specifically the committee that I report to." Either she was just publicly toeing the company line back then or something dramatic changed recently.

To me, the fact that she was willing to be bribed at all is still scummy...

Baylor also claims that she was asking for "book and movie rights" out of the settlement.

Incidentally, this could get them in legal trouble for leaking details of the mediation process.

I really want this UGA/SCar game to get moved somewhere else. If only because UGA's band won't get back until 4 a.m. Sunday morning and I am not about that life. I'm just surprised it's taking them this long to make a call one way or the other though.

andycapps

I really want this UGA/SCar game to get moved somewhere else. If only because UGA's band won't get back until 4 a.m. Sunday morning and I am not about that life. I'm just surprised it's taking them this long to make a call one way or the other though.
What do you play in the band?

andycapps

Bass drum. We're not planning on taking the full band to SCar, but I ended up being one of the ones that's going. I was totally game for it until I saw that 7:30 kickoff. Praying for the Georgia Dome.
Nice, when I was in school I always sat next to the drum line. Loved watching those guys. Bass drum is obviously a little different but IIRC sits in the same general area.

And I believe it's still on for Columbia. USCe doesn't want to lose that home game, especially since they lost the LSU one last year.

Listen to the podcast that should be out tomorrow (info in OP) where I commiserate on the Tennessee loss among us discussing the rest of CFB.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Any games cancelled yet due to Matthew ?

So far (there will be more announced, probably), these games have been cancelled/changed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/562igu/hurricane_matthew_game_changes/

If you're just concerned with FBS:

Tulane @ UCF: postponed until Nov. 5th
UMass @ Old Dominion: moved up to Oct. 7th at 8pm
FSU @ Miami: might be delayed as FSU's travel plans have been.
UGA @ SCar: Gov. Haley doesn’t expect the game to be played, decision tomorrow.
Charlotte @ FAU: Still on, but FAU will be ppracticing at USF for rest of week.
Noter Dame @ NC State: Nothing official, ND says they're open to moving it to South Bend.

If you asking about straight up canceled and won't be made up, then the only one so far is a DII game between North Alabama and Florida Tech (neither has an open week later in the seasons to make it up).

Lonestar

Nice, when I was in school I always sat next to the drum line. Loved watching those guys. Bass drum is obviously a little different but IIRC sits in the same general area.

And I believe it's still on for Columbia. USCe doesn't want to lose that home game, especially since they lost the LSU one last year.

Listen to the podcast that should be out tomorrow (info in OP) where I commiserate on the Tennessee loss among us discussing the rest of CFB.

unless you want to join us to talk about your experiences, Truffle!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So far (there will be more announced, probably), these games have been cancelled/changed:

Noter Dame @ NC State: Nothing official, ND says they're open to moving it to South Bend.

If you asking about straight up canceled and won't be made up, then the only one so far is a DII game between North Alabama and Florida Tech (neither has an open week later in the seasons to make it up).

FSU Miami potentially getting delayed has to be good for us and bad for Miami. We are in disarray and they are cooking.

Lonestar

LSU fans are worried that Florida/LSU is gonna get cancelled. Florida won't play anywhere but Gainesville, but hasn't decided yet if they can play Saturday.

ag-my001

Is Texas A&M a Cult?

Are you being rebuked for things such as the way you say hello or how you respond to being asked to do something for a leader?

HOWDY DAMMIT! PASS IT BACK! UNCOVER! OFF THE WOOD! AGGIES DON’T BOO, THEY HISS!

Are they putting down other institutions and building themselves up? Do they sometimes use people as examples of what you are to be doing and others on what you are not to be doing?

Ol’ Rock the Good Ag knows that any dirty t-sip isn’t worth your spit.

Do they bring attention to what they do, and ignoring others that may be doing the same things?

Texas A&M is the number one* producer of Fortune 500 CEOs.

*Tied with Yale, Harvard and Stanford.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Very magnanimous of the Irish.

Think we will play Saturday but maybe kickoff gets moved from noon to 730PM

If it affects Jacksonville that much, I'm not sure it's responsible to even play it then. Gainesville is like an hour or so away and I'd think as many resources as possible would need to be directed towards Duval County for recovery. Same with Putnam, Clay, etc.

Although I'm not sure if UF PD are the only ones that help with gameday operations. If so, I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Top Bottom