• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

Tell me this guy is not peak Purdue. Wearing his Purdue shirt at the Arkansas State vs GA Southern game last night.

2zxFwWPh.jpg

Is that Frank Fritz from American Pickers?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
punishment as Foley heavily implies that LSU is constantly pushing to end the LSU/Florida permanent rival game, in the SEC Conference held every year in Destin.

ag-my001

They aren't making it past Alabama if they start Knight in the game. Left Shark won't save him this time.
Who else would we start? We've got no one back there. And don't think I'm getting ahead of myself; when I said "miracle", I meant it. I'm still picking A&M to go 7-5 to spare myself from disappointment.

andycapps

New episode of the podcast is up, here's the show notes. The info to subscribe is below and in the OP.

We discuss how Clemson avoided the Clempsoning and made Lamar Jackson sulk a little, how UGA got Hail Mary'd after they landed their own Hail Mary.

Baylor's Title IX coordinator resigning

Hurricane Matthew and ramifications to LSU/Florida

Chris Leak in the news again, not in a good way

Game of the Week and Turd of the Week

Vice Principals (spoilers regarding speculation on last episode)

Westworld Ep 1 discussion

Luke Cage discussion (no spoilers)

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
A lot of people are proposing November 19th as both Florida and LSU have cupcakes scheduled for that weekend.
So who gives up home revenue that weekend? LSU? This also makes LSU play SEC games with only 5 days off. UF on the 19th, and TAMU on the 24th.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Articles like this remind me what a favor Cincinnati did for us when they hired away Tuberville. He's 28-16 overall up there and the movement to get rid of him is still at least 2 years old.

What a beating it was going through the end of year 3 with him, when he had clearly mailed it in on recruiting but was still winning just enough to not get fired. 3 full recruiting classes later we still feel the roster effects of the state he left us in, I can't imagine how bad we would be if he had gotten that one extra year had Cincy not "stolen" him from us.

So who gives up home revenue that weekend? LSU? This also makes LSU play SEC games with only 5 days off. UF on the 19th, and TAMU on the 24th.

Beats me, it wasn't my idea, just a popular sentiment on Twitter. Your logistical questions are valid and are largely why it won't happen.

jjasper

Went to Tigerdroppings to see how this went over. Man LSU fans are taking this worse than losing actual games.

Also noticed that A&M fans have a weird obsession with Tennessee.

El_Chino

Only way I would've agreed to playing at LSU was if the next two games would be played at Florida.

I agree with Foley on this decision.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Only way I would've agreed to playing at LSU was if the next two games would be played at Florida.

I agree with Foley on this decision.

Of course you would, you are blinded by fandom. Us regular, non-gata folks can see things more clearly and can attest to the fact that Foley is being a coward. Good luck in that potential SEC championship when you run away from a .500 team...

El_Chino

Of course you would, you are blinded by fandom. Us regular, non-gata folks can see things more clearly and can attest to the fact that Foley is being a coward. Good luck in that potential SEC championship when you run away from a .500 team...

Lol why give a team home field advantage when it's our turn to host them?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Lol why give a team home field advantage when it's our turn to host them?

Home field advantage is largely a myth. Don't buy into that nonsense that it was a reason. I would rather see my team go to an opponent's field than take an unscheduled bye week any time. Win or lose. Tucking tail is what shit P5 teams do to suddenly-good G5 teams that they accidentally scheduled home-and-homes with, only to say "no thanks" when it is their opponent's turn to host.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Articles like this remind me what a favor Cincinnati did for us when they hired away Tuberville. He's 28-16 overall up there and the movement to get rid of him is still at least 2 years old.

What a beating it was going through the end of year 3 with him, when he had clearly mailed it in on recruiting but was still winning just enough to not get fired. 3 full recruiting classes later we still feel the roster effects of the state he left us in, I can't imagine how bad we would be if he had gotten that one extra year had Cincy not "stolen" him from us.

Nebraska did this with Pelini for 7 years...

jfkgoblue

Home field advantage is largely a myth. Don't buy into that nonsense that it was a reason. I would rather see my team go to an opponent's field than take an unscheduled bye week any time. Win or lose. Tucking tail is what shit P5 teams do to suddenly-good G5 teams that they accidentally scheduled home-and-homes with, only to say "no thanks" when it is their opponent's turn to host.
Home field advantage is absolutely not a myth.

jfkgoblue

it's actually way less prevalent than it was years ago.

http://footballscoop.com/news/home-field-advantage-really-cracked/
Hmm that's an interesting read

The difference is negligible at best. Certainly not enough for that to be the reason why they would say no.

Bill Connelly disagrees with you.

Maybe overall it's not as big of an advantage as it used to be, but at the big schools with big stadiums, it absolutely is an advantage still.

Also the LSU fans that are super salty about losing out on a free home game are embarrassing. Saying shit like "Florida is scared to play us"... yeah I'm sure they are just terrified of the team that just fired it's coach mid season and are canceling because of that and not the damn hurricane.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If anyone should be salty about this, it's Tennessee.

If Florida wins out and goes 6-1, they go to the SEC championship game over a (possible) 6-2 Tennessee.

Of course, it's moot if Tennessee wins out or only drops 1 game, but there exists the very real possibility of Tennessee getting screwed by UF avoiding a potential loss to LSU
Originally Posted by @edsbs

: lol y'all are great assuming UF could go 6-1 in conference but sure keep going.
Outside of Tennessee, the East is... not so good. Sure, UF could lose to Georgia, but they could very easily win that game as well.

jjasper

I mean it is pretty clear that is why Florida is avoiding the game. Could have easily played it Sunday or Monday but they want to use this as a way to back into the game. It's also why LSU is so adamant that they play the game if they win out they can't make the championship game if They are 6-1 and Bama is 7-1.

The SEC has complete botched this and the shitstorm that is going to happen if LSU or Tennessee misses out of the championship game because of Florida's weasling will be huge.

In the end I don't think it will matter because I am pretty sure LSU is going to lose multiple games and Florida is probably going to lose to UGA or Arkansas.

Top Bottom