• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As much as I hate the Vols, it would be a total cluster fuck for them to be screwed if the cards fall the right way.

andycapps

UGA gave up their 130 rooms at a Holiday Inn to hurricane evacuees. USCe is putting them in an undisclosed location not accessible to the public. This sounds like it's going to be a logistical disaster.

That non-public facility is part of the "judicial system." And it's not a jail. Are they having the team sleep in a courtroom? What a disaster.

UGA had offered the use of Sanford Stadium for the game, but obviously USCe didn't want to do that.

I don't know if this is worthy of posting but it was somehow just posted today from the Athens Banner-Herald. Tennessee fan arrested for getting a little out of control after the game and fighting and taunting UGA fans.

William Harrison Renner, 20, of Nashville was arrested after postgame taunting between Georgia and Tennessee football fans turned violent on a downtown street corner, Athens-Clarke County police said.

Police were monitoring postgame crowds at about 7:30 p.m. when they saw opposing groups of fans shouting back and forth at the corner of North Lumpkin streets. Renner was grabbed and arrested when he and another man began to fight, police said.

Renner was charged with disorderly conduct, public intoxication and underage consumption of alcohol.

A police report did not indicate what became of the person with whom he was fighting.

El_Chino

I mean it is pretty clear that is why Florida is avoiding the game. Could have easily played it Sunday or Monday but they want to use this as a way to back into the game. It's also why LSU is so adamant that they play the game if they win out they can't make the championship game if They are 6-1 and Bama is 7-1.

The SEC has complete botched this and the shitstorm that is going to happen if LSU or Tennessee misses out of the championship game because of Florida's weasling will be huge.

In the end I don't think it will matter because I am pretty sure LSU is going to lose multiple games and Florida is probably going to lose to UGA or Arkansas.
You think it's easy to set up a football game a day of two after a hurricane swept through? Get real.

You think it's easy to set up a football game a day of two after a hurricane swept through? Get real.

It isn't. That's why they should have moved it to another location. I don't blame Florida because they're doing what's in their best interest. It's the SEC's job to take control of the situation.

jjasper

It isnt but has been done multiple times including this hurricane.

Again this is the SECs fault. I understand Florida not wanting to play the game (although if the situation was reversed and Florida needed to play the games they would be doing everything to make it happen) but not playing it is dumb and could potentially undermine the whole season the conference should step in and force it to be played.

andycapps

It isnt but has been done multiple times including this hurricane.

Again this is the SECs fault. I understand Florida not wanting to play the game (although if the situation was reversed and Florida needed to play the games they would be doing everything to make it happen) but not playing it is dumb and could potentially undermine the whole season the conference should step in and force it to be played.
I think it's showing that Sankey is not as forceful of a commissioner as Mike Slive was. The conference should have laid down the law, but it looks like they left it up to the schools to sort things out.

Piggus

One more day until I drive to Eugene and watch our pathetic so-called "defense" get steamrolled. Why am I even bothering?

cdyhybrid

One more day until I drive to Eugene and watch our pathetic so-called "defense" get steamrolled. Why am I even bothering?
What happened to 13 years? Surely such a superior program would still be able to handle a team they own during a slight dip.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
RT @DanWolken: NCAA announces it has separated the Ole Miss football investigation from the rest of the case, which went through COI process already

RT @MckeeMike: @DanWolken is that good or bad news for Miss?

RT @DanWolken: Well, it confirms the NCAA is still looking for more or already has more - and resolution could take awhile.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Hurd is out this week. According to second-hand reports, he didn't even make the trip. Without Kirkland Jr., Maybin, Sutton, and now Hurd, I just don't see how we come out of college station with a win tomorrow.

The only positive I can think of from this development is that Debord can't just consecutively hand the ball off to Hurd on 1st and 2nd down anymore. He might have to wake up from his nap during the first half and actually open up the playbook.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I mentioned to Gondo earlier that if I was offered a guarantee that every single team left on the schedule would score exactly 45 points on us, no more and no less, I would probably take it.

Until you have reached that point, you know NOTHING.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So when someone on the Duke message boards suggests that Duke could use Hurricane Matthew in a recruiting pitch..i.e, appeal to the kids parents that he's safer in NC away from those hurricanes, it just has a troll post, right. I mean nobody could post that and continue to take themselves seriously.

I guess, but hurricanes have been known to hit NC as well. This guy tho, he fixates on the weirdest shit about the team or program. I'm going with troll

For the last few minutes I've been pondering what state/city in the US is safest from natural disasters. Natural disasters include hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, and volcano eruptions. Safest city I can think of so far is...Las Cruces NM?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Florida did everything they could to avoid playing the game because it gave them a scheduling advantage. They removed arguably the best team left on their schedule without any consequence.

Jjasper, buddy, it was the logistical nightmare of trying to plan a football game in a hurricane. There is nothing easy about that, regardless of the dozens of times this has happened seamlessly in the past 20 years.

The Teebs just spit fire on Josh Dobbs to hype him up on Sportscenter.

"Play for 4 quarters and get it done."

The last time he did that, he walked with a Nat'l Championship. The time before that, he gathered 2 of every animal and put them on a boat.

jjasper

Not going to be able to watch much of any of the game since I am on vacation with the family but I fully expect to lose by 10-14.

Top Bottom