• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

And I believe it's still on for Columbia. USCe doesn't want to lose that home game, especially since they lost the LSU one last year.
Yeah, I'm kinda counting on that, tbh. Plus, that'd only leave Georgia with 5 home games next season, so it's not a total loss if it's moved.
unless you want to join us to talk about your experiences, Truffle!
I'd love to, but I've got class all day tomorrow and honestly I'm not the best about talking football. I've only just gotten into it within the past year and a half (really since I got to UGA) so I'm still kind of a novice and I mostly only keep up with the SEC. I'd still be down to come on sometime, though.

ryseing

Considering that they would probably pay for their expenses to come up and house them during a hurricane, it's not entirely self-serving. Plus it's not like we've been great at home lately.

This game was the reason our season ticket package sales did so well. Needless to say there would be some very unhappy people here in Raleigh if the game was moved. This game is also the 50th anniversary celebration of our stadium. We never get non ACC blue bloods here (damn you LSU for canceling) so needless to say this game is a big deal.

To be fair to ND, apparently y'all said you would be fine playing Sunday presumably out of respect of the celebration so respect for that.

This game was the reason our season ticket package sales did so well. Needless to say there would be some very unhappy people here in Raleigh if the game was moved. This game is also the 50th anniversary celebration of our stadium. We never get non ACC blue bloods here (damn you LSU for canceling) so needless to say this game is a big deal.

To be fair to ND, apparently y'all said you would be fine playing Sunday presumably out of respect of the celebration so respect for that.

Yeah BK said that they had a window from noon Saturday to noon Sunday. I imagine we would hear tomorrow if the game had to be moved up to Friday. I'm guessing it will be played at the scheduled time, but it will be rainy.

Nebraska wants back in the Big 12 and OU wants out? What a clusterfuck. Make this trade happen.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-nebraska-wants-to-rejoin-big-12/ar-BBx2U0W

fWx327.gif

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nebraska wants back in the Big 12 and OU wants out? What a clusterfuck. Make this trade happen.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-nebraska-wants-to-rejoin-big-12/ar-BBx2U0W

Lol, WTF? That can't be right, can it? Nebraska will dominate the B1G West almost every year once they regain stability, like they did in the old Big 8/early Big XII days, why would we want to go back to the way it was? I can't see how this would help elevate the brand. Coupled with the same report that says OU would leave the conference, this makes no fucking sense.

Now, if the league ends up being NU, KSU, KU, BYU, ISU, OU, OSU, UT, TCU, BU, UH, WVU, Cincinnati, and Missouri, that would make things interesting market-wise. That is a lot of TV markets covering EST to MST, a good mix of traditional football and basketball schools, and Nebraska could still be setup to dominate their division. But B1G just signed the biggest TV deal ever. There has never been a better time to stay and be in this conference...

Money talks, but Nebraska is flush with cash like few programs are, so if this was really about brand prestige, they would drop 5 million+ and go out and get the biggest top flight coach out there, and also pony up for the best coordinators. Prestige comes with winning, not just being in a big conference.

Mike Riley is a fine stopgap, but having 20 years of midtier coaching kills a brand, even one as strong as Nebraska was.

This is all weird to me and doesn't sound right...

These people agree: http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/10...-conference-expansion-byu-cincinnati-oklahoma

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The best part is that OU and NU would trade spots to make it make even less sense

Exactly. No CU, no OU, no Mizzou. No trophy games. No TV network and less money. Less academic prestige. Having to deal with fucking Texas all over again. What's the fucking point?

andycapps

Baylor has promoted Kristan Tucker to Title IX coordinator, two days after former director Patty Crawford abruptly resigned from the position. Tucker was hired by Baylor in January as a Title IX investigator and was later promoted to senior deputy Title IX coordinator. She previously worked in the Title IX office at East Carolina and the compliance department at Tennessee. [Emphasis added.]
Looks like the new Title IX director at Baylor should really clean things up there.

andycapps

Baylor keeps on screwing up.

Suspended Baylor offensive lineman Rami Hammad was arrested Wednesday on two misdemeanor counts of criminal trespassing, two months after he was arrested for stalking a former girlfriend, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported.

Hammad, 21, was arrested on the Baylor campus and booked into McLennan County Jail just before 7 p.m. CT for trespassing of a building, according to the paper.

He is already facing felony stalking charges after his former girlfriend reported several instances from March to July in which he tracked her down, harassed her and twice physically assaulted her, including once at Baylor's athletic facilities on campus.

Last fall, a different woman reported to Baylor's Title IX office that she had been sexually assaulted by Hammad. After Hammad confronted the woman about why he was under investigation by the Title IX office, she requested a no-contact order from the university, according to documents reviewed by Outside the Lines. She received it, but three days later, Hammad allegedly confronted her again. She and two witnesses reported that confrontation to police, but she declined to press charges, believing the Title IX office would pursue the matter, she told Outside the Lines.

Baylor suspended Hammad from all football team activities on Aug. 2, a day after his arrest on the stalking charge. The Tribune-Herald reported in September that he was also suspended from the university, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

In their defense, he did get suspended from the University after the stalking stuff a couple of months ago. There's not too much they can do about a guy that isn't even enrolled stalking around the campus except get him arrested, which is exactly what happened.

You could argue that they should sever ties completely and not just suspend him but that wouldn't have stopped this incident from happening IMO.

So I'm headed to the Red River Shootout with some buddies this weekend, but I'm a Nebraska fan. We'll be sitting on the OU side. How much shit will I get of I'm wearing Husker gear? Should I just suck it up and buy an OU hat to fit in instead?

Edit - also that Huskers to the BigXII talk is just insane.

So I'm headed to the Red River Shootout with some buddies this weekend, but I'm a Nebraska fan. We'll be sitting on the OU side. How much shit will I get of I'm wearing Husker gear? Should I just suck it up and buy an OU hat to fit in instead?

Edit - also that Huskers to the BigXII talk is just insane.

People who wear other teams stuff to games are dumb. Just wear a basic shirt/hat that has no affiliation.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Baylor fans are clueless or classless? Here are the T-shirts they are having made to protest the injustice they have been served.

Ct32CV2VUAAhrLm.jpg

Fuck Waco, and fuck Baylor.

Gig'em

I see absolutely no positive for this. Not even for recruiting because Nebraska is starting to gain a foothold in Cali. If they are concerned about rivalries, Oklahoma and/or Texas will probably end up joining the BIG and you get one of your traditional rivals back.

I can't find a single real positive outcome should this happen.

Jarnet87

I don't want the FSU game to be delayed. It's going to be another embarrassing performance from the Noles, may as well get it over now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Florida has emotionally abused LSU just like a husband emotionally abuses a wife and a divorce is necessary.

And other such comments at TD.

Followed up with, what I assume is genuine, a letter from a US Senator from Louisiana

CuGTHoCUIAEBozn.jpg:large

andycapps

Shocked we still haven't heard anything about any of the SEC games. Assuming the UGA one will be unaffected except that anyone trying to stay in a hotel in the area will be screwed. The games in Florida should probably be postponed at least until Sunday.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 5m5 minutes ago
LSU at Florida has been “postponed indefinitely” source told @ESPN. Possibility game could be rescheduled later in year

edit: a few reports are that its all out cancelled.

LSU at Florida has been “postponed indefinitely” source told @ESPN. Possibility game could be rescheduled later in year

Like I posted before, it's the responsible thing to do. Even if they miss the actual storm, there is a statewide recovery to deal with.

andycapps

LSU edited their tweet and said the game has been "postponed." And they used quotes only for that word. Not so subtle shots there, my friend.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

There's literally no way to play this game. UF and LSU have different bye weeks.

Lonestar

There's literally no way to play this game. UF and LSU have different bye weeks.

Some are saying the Nov. 19th cupcake weekend is there, both play nobodies. But LSU, as it stands right now, is playing @ A&M the following Thursday (Thanksgiving). They would also lose a Home Game (ha ha), and play 2 conference games in a 5 day period, both on the road.

They could move the Thanksgiving day game back to Saturday, but then what happens to the Thursday primetime game on Thanksgiving?

Lonestar

Florida did NOT want to lose a Home game, under any circumstances. Maybe LSU should have offered to give 100% of the sales from the game.

ag-my001

Maybe not this year, but say a team finished 10-1 (6-1 in conference) because one game got cancelled. What would happen if another team was 11-1, 7-1 in conference. Do conferences have tiebreakers in place? Would it be number of wins? Win %? Coin flip?

Even worse, 7-1 vs 7-0. ESPN would have a field day.

ryseing

I have to side with the "Foley is a coward" sentiment. If Florida goes 6-1 and UT goes 6-2, Florida would win the division by tiebreaker rules. Florida also gets additional time for their injured guys to recover.

I'm not saying play the game in Gainesville. Play in BR and exchange home game revenues.

Maybe not this year, but say a team finished 10-1 (6-1 in conference) because one game got cancelled. What would happen if another team was 11-1, 7-1 in conference. Do conferences have tiebreakers in place? Would it be number of wins? Win %? Coin flip?

It's win % so 7-1 team would take it.

ag-my001

It's win % so 7-1 team would take it.
Got it. So if by some miracle A&M beats Tennessee and Bama, all the remaining games should be cancelled on account of the Texas heat/humidity, unrest from the election, and an overabundance of caution to prevent the spread of fire ants.

Lonestar

Got it. So if by some miracle A&M beats Tennessee and Bama, all the remaining games should be cancelled on account of the Texas heat/humidity, unrest from the election, and an overabundance of caution to prevent the spread of fire ants.
They aren't making it past Alabama if they start Knight in the game. Left Shark won't save him this time.

Top Bottom