• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

jfkgoblue

Guesses for top 10?
1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Clemson
4-Michigan
5-Washington
6-A&M
7-Louisville
8-Nebraska
9-Wisconsin
10-Baylor

Lol just realized that there is a great chance of 4 top 10 Big Ten teams

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Guesses for top 10?
1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Clemson
4-Michigan
5-Washington
6-A&M
7-Louisville
8-Nebraska
9-Wisconsin
10-Baylor

Nebraska as high as 10, Tennessee is liable to stay in the top 10, noting the pollsters admiration for both close losses in OT to top-10 ranked opponents, and notable ball-washing of SEC teams. We'll actually see if Nebraska is for real once they actually play a real opponent in 3 weeks.

I definitely chose the right season to pick up 6 consecutive weeks of work.

If Dave Warner has a job tomorrow morning I might skip Homecoming next Saturday.

El_Chino

Guesses for top 10?
1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Clemson
4-Michigan
5-Washington
6-A&M
7-Louisville
8-Nebraska
9-Wisconsin
10-Baylor

Just realized Baylor is only going to play one ranked opponent all year if they're still ranked by then (OU)

As a Browns fan.. no. No hope is the absolute worse.

The only time lost hope is close enough to no hope is when it happens yearly.. Time and Time and Time again.. on a near consistent basis.

But in the end no hope is worse than lost hope..

Eh. With no hope, you can just not tune in. You can do other things with your day. Success can be a happy surprise because there are no real expectations. With hope, you end up with disappointment that you carry with you for the rest of your life as a sports fan.

I'll never forget:

1987 Browns
1988 Browns
1989 Browns
1995 Indians
1997 Indians

I have a number of good memories with all of those teams, but the memories that endure the most are the way all of those seasons ended. Losing on last-minute drives, giving up game-losing runs in the bottom of the 9th. You end up remembering where you were when hope was snatched away. The ride is fun until the sudden stop, after which you almost wish you hadn't gotten on the ride in the first place. Would have hurt less.

ag-my001

Just realized Baylor is only going to play one ranked opponent all year if they're still ranked by then (OU)
Would be interesting if it does work out this way. Could give the committee a reason to put a one loss team in over them for playing what amounted to a mid major schedule.

I'm still alive.

I checked out of the Michigan-Rutgers game early and did other things.

I wasn't as angry as I was last night when Rutgers got destroyed by Miami and VT back to back in 01.

I wasn't as angry as I was last when Rutgers had the Buffalo and Villanova debacle.

Seriously there wasn't one glimmer of hope watching that excuse of a team last night.

USC perfect day!!

USC wins, Notre Dame and UCLA lose.

😃😃😃😃😃

Remember a few weeks ago when it looked like your team wouldn't make a bowl game? Now their schedule features two 3-3 teams, three 2-4 teams and one 6-0 team. USC looked like a team that wouldn't be favored again and now it might be favored in 5 of its last 6.

Of course Helton has to prove he can win a conference road game still.

Remember a few weeks ago when it looked like your team wouldn't make a bowl game? Now their schedule features two 3-3 teams, three 2-4 teams and one 6-0 team. USC looked like a team that wouldn't be favored again and now it might be favored in 5 of its last 6.

Of course Helton has to prove he can win a conference road game still.

Yeah, at this point the only guaranteed loss looks like @Washington. This year USC's mind voodoo over Cal is going to be tested though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Remember guys, you and everyone you know, can watch a game of College Football, right now.

SECN: Georgia @ South Kareliner. Brent Musberger. Jessie Hyperbole Palmer. You're looking live.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I would like to say that the volunteer fans at kyle yesterday were class acts. Sorry, we tried to give you the win but failed. You really need to get a handle on the online salt though. Lots if Voluntears out there shitting up your own forums and Texags.

I would also like to say that the longhorns on this forum seem like good people, and im sorry for the absolute delusional embarrassment your tshirt, shaggy, and facebook fans are.

So much salt.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Flagrant personal fouls like that needs to affect the down and distance of the offense, not just field position.

Ganhyun

Flagrant personal fouls like that needs to affect the down and distance of the offense, not just field position.

my SEC network channel had an issue, I just got it back about a minute ago. What foul?

edit: havent watched any of the rest of the game due to issues, but the OL looks terrible again.

mre

my SEC network channel had an issue, I just got it back about a minute ago. What foul?
#90 for USC (previously injured) was just jogging down the field on punt coverage, when he was nailed in the back by a Georgia player probably 30 yards away from the play.

And it's not just this case, but that's always bothered me that personal fouls on kick offs only affected field position.

Larry Culpepper has all been worth it for that commercial with him and the OBC.

Ganhyun

#90 for USC (previously injured) was just jogging down the field on punt coverage, when he was nailed in the back by a Georgia player probably 30 yards away from the play.

And it's not just this case, but that's always bothered me that personal fouls on kick offs only affected field position.

Larry Culpepper has all been worth it for that commercial with him and the OBC.

the OBC was in a DR. Pepper commercial?

AntoneM

Looks like ASU will be starting our 3rd string true freshman QB against Colorado on the road next week.

We could have had a shot at the Pac 12 South but it's now all but gift wrapped for Utah or Colorado.

Ganhyun

Found that commercial on Facebook. LOL it is worth it.

edit:

Chubb looking good today. Can't tell if thats him actually being more game ready, the OL doing better, or Sakerlina's D being that bad at run D

ryseing

I don't regret braving the weather yesterday but I think I'm coming down with something as a result.

Lesson learned. When going to a game in a hurricane, bring more than a thin poncho.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How long till it finally sinks in that USCe isn't gonna be good anytime soon.

Too many fans took their run with the OBC for granted IMO.

Double hurts that Clemson is good so all the in state recruits will want to go play for Dabo.

andycapps

Double hurts that Clemson is good so all the in state recruits will want to go play for Dabo.
Their time with the OBC is likely the peak of that program. They have to somehow convince some top recruits to come there. Have a long way to go.

All those trashcan fans that would 5-bomb any picture they could get with a Clemson player or coach are finally getting their comeuppance.

Back when they weren't a trash tier team, which I know seems like forever ago, they had won 5 in a row against us. So their trailer trash fans would go to any event a coach of ours was at and ask to take a picture with them. Then as the picture was being taken, they'd hold out their hand with all 5 digits extended (like when someone shows a peace sign in a picture, but with 5 fingers instead of 2).

They are the epitome of fans who don't know how to handle winning.

mre

Back when they weren't a trash tier team, which I know seems like forever ago, they had won 5 in a row against us. So their trailer trash fans would go to any event a coach of ours was at and ask to take a picture with them. Then as the picture was being taken, they'd hold out their hand with all 5 digits extended (like when someone shows a peace sign in a picture, but with 5 fingers instead of 2).

They are the epitome of fans who don't know how to handle winning.
Oh. Oh, my.

Top Bottom