• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake... a.k.a. They 'sposed to be SEC?

NvtedZj.png

AP Top 25
RK TEAM REC PTS TREND
1 Alabama(54) 1-0 1518 —
2 Clemson(2) 1-0 1416 —
3 Florida State(4) 1-0 1413 1
4 Ohio State 1-0 1324 2
5 Michigan(1) 1-0 1261 2
6 Houston 1-0 1243 9
7 Stanford 1-0 1140 1
8 Washington 1-0 884 6
9 Georgia 1-0 877 9
10 Wisconsin 1-0 759 —
11 Texas 1-0 743 —
12 Michigan State 1-0 722 —
13 Louisville 1-0 686 6
14 Oklahoma 0-1 664 11
15 TCU 1-0 635 2
16 Iowa 1-0 588 1
17 Tennessee 1-0 573 8
18 Notre Dame 0-1 528 8
19 Ole Miss 0-1 493 8
20 Texas A&M 1-0 477 —
21 LSU 0-1 423 16
22 Oklahoma State 1-0 409 1
23 Baylor 1-0 296 —
24 Oregon 1-0 242 —
25 Miami 1-0 137 —
Complete Rankings
Dropped from rankings: UCLA 16, USC 20, North Carolina 22, Florida 25
Others receiving votes: Florida 117, UCLA 62, Boise State 50, Utah 43, San Diego State 37, North Carolina 23, Nebraska 13, Auburn 13, Pittsburgh 7, BYU 5, Navy 2, West Virginia 1, Colorado 1

Notable Games
What a disappointing slate of games this week:

Friday, September 9
MATCHUP TIME  (CT) NAT TV
#19Louisville Syracuse 7:00 PM ESPN2

Saturday, September 10
MATCHUP TIME  (CT) NAT TV
Penn State Pittsburgh 11:00 AM ESPN
UCF #7Michigan 11:00 AM ABC
Wake Forest Duke 2:30 PM ESPNU
Kentucky #25Florida 2:30 PM CBS
South Carolina Mississippi State 6:00 PM ESPN2
Arkansas #13TCU 6:00 PM ESPN
Iowa State #17Iowa 6:30 PM BTN
BYU Utah 6:30 PM FOX
#22North Carolina Illinois 6:30 PM BTN
Virginia Tech #9Tennessee 7:00 PM ABC
Texas Tech Arizona State 9:00 PM FS1
Washington State Boise State 9:15 PM ESPN2
Virginia #24Oregon 9:30 PM ESPN

Pick 'em
Coming Soon

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

andycapps

Bit of a shock to the system to go from such a great opening slate to having to talk myself into thinking Tennessee and Va Tech will be a good game. Will be interesting for the venue if nothing else. Going to be weird.

flkraven

Wasn't super impressed by Georgia even though they got the W. Obviously they finished better than they started. Huge rankings jump though.

Lunar15

Boy, I am really not ready for another season of the Gators having a miserable O-line, medicore-to-bad quarterback, and a stable of running backs who can't get more than 4 yards a carry. After 7 years, it's grown pretty tiring. Can we at least mix up the badness every once in a while?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Boy, I am really not ready for another season of the Gators having a miserable o-line, medicore-to-bad Quarterback, and a stable of running backs who can't get more than 4 yards a carry. After 7 years, it's grown pretty tiring.

I am I am!

jfkgoblue

Sorry to nitpick, but the featured games rankings are the preseason rankings

But I just gotta say, that Wisconsin game looks tougher than anticipated(still expect a W though)

Well, FSU had it's chance, so I guess it's Miami. Alabama will at last have plenty of storage space for it's trophies: Hard Rock Stadium

Wow I thought Hard Rock went chapter 11 a while back. Surprised they could afford naming rights. I wonder if there's a KMart stadium somewhere

UCF with their 3rd straight win vs. a top 10 opponent.
Kansas and UCF each went 0-12 last year. This year they both start 1-0
sign of the apocalypse?

ag-my001

I find myself falling back into the A&M hype train. Luckily, I can boost my pre-season predictions and still say the Aggies will go 6-6.

Gig'em!

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Sorry to nitpick, but the featured games rankings are the preseason rankings

But I just gotta say, that Wisconsin game looks tougher than anticipated(still expect a W though)

Unless your QB is named Brandon Harris, you should be good.

Well, I made it to week 2 this year, but unfortunately the Gators didn't. I feel like 25 was about right, but I guess that's a vulnerable spot when a few previously unranked teams looks strong week 1, and teams like Sparty started out ranked too high to drop out with a bad win. We might even be unranked against the Vols, as historically I doubt a win over Kentucky has vaulted very many teams into the rankings.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow I thought Hard Rock went chapter 11 a while back. Surprised they could afford naming rights. I wonder if there's a KMart stadium somewhere

Kansas and UCF each went 0-12 last year. This year they both start 1-0
sign of the apocalypse?

Looking at that wiki, the stadiums had almost 10 names in the last 15 years.
It'll always be Joe Robbie to me. Whoever Joe Robbie is...

Looking at that wiki, the stadiums had almost 10 names in the last 15 years.
It'll always be Joe Robbie to me. Whoever Joe Robbie is...

Joe Robbie is the founder of the Dolphins. That stadium just underwent a massive renovation and it looks quite updated now. The main addition was shading for the stadium. They're of course hoping to get a Super Bowl.

Holy War this week-these games are always so insane. You have to go back to the days of Florida playing Miami regularly to find dirtier football. Amazing stuff.

WSU on the smurf turf should be a very fun game. I still can't believe Wazzu lost their FCS opener again. That's just unreal.

Houston making the best P5 argument of any school not named Boise St. in recent memory by just basically being a P5 school. Really impressive stuff.

Aggies playing at USC this week, this won't end well after what Alabama did to USC. I"m holding out hope that if the Huskies can win there, anyone can.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Holy War this week-these games are always so insane. You have to go back to the days of Florida playing Miami regularly to find dirtier football. Amazing stuff.

WSU on the smurf turf should be a very fun game. I still can't believe Wazzu lost their FCS opener again. That's just unreal.

Houston making the best P5 argument of any school not named Boise St. in recent memory by just basically being a P5 school. Really impressive stuff.

Aggies playing at USC this week, this won't end well after what Alabama did to USC. I"m holding out hope that if the Huskies can win there, anyone can.

Got any quick and small DE's or LB's? Have them run at and around their 6'9" 360 lb RT.

Oh god you aren't latching on to them now are you.

I said I liked the U after I watched their espn doco and got shot down in here. So now my ACC team is Georgia tech.

But it would be great if richt does well there and Georgia ends up on 9 wins this year. I thought richt was hard done by, so it would be great for him.

cdyhybrid

What are you trying to say m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom