• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'll always remember my first Nebraska game - 1995 Oklahoma at Nebraska on Black Friday (yes, my first game ever, I got to witness the greatest college football team of all time. And yes, it's been pretty downhill since then)

Normally it had been Big 8 championship sealing tradition to throw Oranges on the field but this year the deal or whatever tied the title game into the Fiesta Bowl.

Naturally, Nebraska fans brought tortillas to throw onto the field.

The Husker Vision screens (brand new and the only major team in college football with them at that point) - were continually broadcasting "PLEASE DON'T THROW FIESTAS ON THE FIELD"

Because, Fiesta Bowl means Fiestas.

Brian Kelly still playing the OR card for QB against Nevada this weekend. Now obviously Malik Zaire didn't really get a fair shake in the Texas game, but that's partly because Kizer was so good.

I'm not a crazy homer am I? Kizer looked really good, right?

It seemed like wasted plays when Zaire was in there. There should be no controversy, and nobody I spoke with in Austin on Sunday thought otherwise. Sometimes you lose out due to opportunity. Zaire lost.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Guys--

Here's what Cyan relayed to me, in short, about OT v. community after discussing it with the powers that be. We're in OT for the first quarter or so of the season. So week 4ish. After that we move to community to die off for the year.

Still, baby steps and all. So let's give Cyan a high five for lobbying for us to be in OT for a month!

Also, if someone could please write a step-by-step guide for subscribing to a page, I would appreciate it and would put it in the OPs from now until we get relegated to second class status.

Guys--

Here's what Cyan relayed to me, in short, about OT v. community after discussing it with the powers that be. We're in OT for the first quarter or so of the season. So week 4ish. After that we move to community to die off for the year.

Still, baby steps and all. So let's give Cyan a high five for lobbying for us to be in OT for a month!

Also, if someone could please write a step-by-step guide for subscribing to a page, I would appreciate it and would put it in the OPs from now until we get relegated to second class status.

Will the bowl/playoff/Championship game threads still be in OT?

andycapps

Guys--

Too much to ask to put the link for the podcast in the OT's? The iTunes subscription page here would be the thing.

Thanks Cyan. I don't care what they say about you, you're okay.

mre

Too much to ask to put the link for the podcast in the OT's? The iTunes subscription page here would be the thing.

Thanks Cyan. I don't care what they say about you, you're okay.

I just forgot. Post it again.

Championship game definitely. It always is
Playoff games probably
New Years 6 bowls, maybe but probably not
regular bowls: they're usually discussed in the postseason thread.

Yeah, that's right. I couldn't remember if the postseason thread was usually in Community. I usually bookmark the new thread and then forget where it actually lives.

andycapps

I just forgot. Post it again.
I didn't mean it like that, meant to ask if you could put it in the OT's. The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

Summary something like the below:
Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

Go Huskies!
Yes

Go Huskies indeed

UCONN_1.png

Guys--

Cyan makes better deals than Donald Trump

Cyan 2016

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the game in Ireland they had to use wired headsets was all kind of fubar.

So Coach Paul Johnson in talking about headsets said when wireless first came about all kinds of crazy shit happened. Like you could hear orders from Burger King all sorts of shit.

At GA Southern he was in the booth and he started to get Western Kentucky play calls in his headset when they were playing each other. LoL

JCX

Guys--

Still don't see why it couldn't be the whole season (since we did it for years), but this is a good compromise. Thanks Cyan for lobbying on our behalf!

Cyan makes the best deals, and has the best words. I've heard it from the Creative Writing Threads. He's gonna build a wall of words, the greatest words.
He wants to build a wall called Writer's block to keep the worst words out.. Only the classiest most luxurious words allowed on GAF.

Kirk Ferentz buyout yesterday: $8.4 million.

Kirk Ferentz buyout today (if contract is unchanged): $31.5 million.

lololololololol

ryseing

Is ncaa football 14 any good?

It's great. Folks at Operation Sports are still keeping the rosters alive.

What I would do for a PS4 NCAA. It and AC Rogue are the only reasons I still have my PS3.

Guys--

Thanks Cyan! Hopefully the new posters stick around after we get relegated to Community.

mre

I didn't mean it like that, meant to ask if you could put it in the OT's. The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

Summary something like the below:
Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.
No, I know what you wanted. I was asking you to post what you wanted in the OP. :p

LosDaddie

Banned
Guys--

SEC guys always get their way

"Cyan P. Drazi is calling for a complete and total shutdown of Gata refugees entering our CFB thread."

That's what I heard. Strong!
He also wants us to be aligned with any conference of nations dedicated to fighting Stanford.. Including Penn State.

He's making CFB-GAF Great Again.. Believe him folks.
He's popular with the Blacks
hirts

Kirk Ferentz buyout yesterday: $8.4 million.

Kirk Ferentz buyout today (if contract is unchanged): $31.5 million.

lololololololol
His agent must love having him as a client

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Guys--

So right around the time Tennessee's season washes down the drain.

Works for me!

Subitai

Whoo cupcakes!

I don't mind though, cause this past weekend made it worth it.
I really hope Penn State fails to win a single major in-state game all year.
You sure about that? The longer coach hype stays, the better chance the program gets worse.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
The proper way to follow college football is to root for your alma matter, family member's favorite team, or hometown team(s). For all games not involving your team, root for the upset unless it features a team you hate watch and that hate watch team winning would be an upset. You can have as many hate watch teams as you like, but your teams should be limited to 3 and in case no team fits any of the initial criteria, you are free to chose one primary team and root for one other team each season based purely on how entertaining they are to watch. Though you should never refer to the entertaining team as 'we', that would make you bandwagooning scum.

cdyhybrid

The proper way to follow college football is to root for your alma matter, family member's favorite team, or hometown team(s). For all games not involving your team, root for the upset unless it features a team you hate watch and that hate watch team winning would be an upset. You can have as many hate watch teams as you like, but your teams should be limited to 3 and in case no team fits any of the initial criteria, you are free to chose one primary team and root for one other team each season based purely on how entertaining they are to watch. Though you should never refer to the entertaining team as 'we', that would make you bandwagooning scum.
What if you have ten alma maters? Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom