• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I liked the U after I watched their espn doco and got shot down in here. So now my ACC team is Georgia tech.

But it would be great if richt does well there and Georgia ends up on 9 wins this year. I thought richt was hard done by, so it would be great for him.

Good lord, why?

[url="http://i.imgur.com/MPExO3j.png[/img][/url]

You've made a powerful enemy today, Sun Devils.

I guess they don't realize that will only entice Red Raider fans to smuggle in even more tortillas now. Everyone is going to smuggle a 20 pack of tia rosa in their underwear.

The U is back!

It would be awesome if they finished the season higher than Georgia.

Man I argued for a long time that teams should be beating Miami so bad that giving up their program (and then we'd need to raze the practice facilities and salt the earth , just to make sure) was the only real option.

Now look what we have to deal with. Gross.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Karl, on the pickem form, anyway to have each persons picks be "viewable", or at least our own? I recognize my excellence with scoring a 9, but I have no clue who I picked, except for Alabama and Houston.

Kawl_USC

Any one watch the miss state game and can say whether they are really that bad? Or are they going to be all pissed off and beat the gamecocks?

Also how in the world is that a 7 o clock game? That's how I knew this week must have no games at all.

Arkansas v. TCU this week is a battle for the belt
The belt has been circulating in the Big 12 for almost 4 years, so if Arkansas wins it will be in the SEC for quite some time. Arkansas is coming off a close win against LA Tech, while TCU is coming off a close win against South Dakota State. Should be a good game.

Lunar15

Florida Kentucky promises to be a close matchup.

He wants good games.

I wouldn't willing subject anyone to the horror that is watching UF football. Even against really good teams, it's a boring game.

It's like a science fiction novel where Steve Spurrier ended up using future offense in order to power the fun n' gun.

Got any quick and small DE's or LB's? Have them run at and around their 6'9" 360 lb RT.

Both our great LBs that fit that mold went in the draft last year. I can't blame them (they went 3rd round) but our LBs are inexperienced and our front isn't built for agility but to deal with line of scrimmage control vs. the run-heavy attack of some MWC teams (Chair Force, SDSU, New Mexico).

Yesssss, Go Dawgs!

I think the real test for us is gonna come with the Ole Miss in a few weeks and then Tennessee the week after. It'll help to get Sony back, and hopefully by then our passing defense will be a lot better. I really wanna believe in Smart's Georgia.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
bringing back a classic

safefromcupcakes.jpg

Option play is good fun to watch. I dont want to go for the big schools.

Georgia Tech is a big school, though. Not a wildly successful school (though they have shared in a national title more recently than their in-state brethren), but they're still big.

If you want to pull for the "little guy," while still in the land of power conferences, you would look at schools like Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College in the ACC (even Miami!), Vanderbilt in the SEC, Northwestern in the Big 10, Stanford in the PAC-12. I would say Baylor, too, but I assume you respect yourself. As a matter of fact, just steer clear of the Big XII.

If you want to go totally hipster, you could dip down into the mid-majors and pull a name out a hat. That's how Goldeneye ended up at UCF.

The u isn't a big school is it? It's half the reason why people hated them. They were a small school who became successful, by cheating. That was my understanding from the doco.

They're little, in that they're private and don't have the support that a state school with a large alumni base would have. Of course, their success on the field has kicked them up into a status that is bigger than their size would suggest.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I was at OU-Houston last week, had a blast. An 11:30 kickoff for Lamar-Houston is not going to be a blast. Crappy opponent and it is going to be 90+ degrees and a chance for thunderstorms. Weeee!!!

The u isn't a big school is it? It's half the reason why people hated them. They were a small school who became successful, by cheating. That was my understanding from the doco.

They are a major name in sports, and have been since the 80s. What is your criteria?

Brian Kelly still playing the OR card for QB against Nevada this weekend. Now obviously Malik Zaire didn't really get a fair shake in the Texas game, but that's partly because Kizer was so good.

I'm not a crazy homer am I? Kizer looked really good, right?

andycapps

Eason looking good for you guys.
The team looks better with him in. He had training wheels on Saturday but a cupcake this week should give him a lot more time to play and them to open the playbook for him.

He does look promising and like we might have a shot at winning the crappy division, whereas I think Lambert has no shot at us doing that. He's just not a playmaker.

They are a major name in sports, and have been since the 80s. What is your criteria?

No one in Australia has heard of them.

i don't have a strict criteria, just need to bear in mind I have only been following cfb for the last four years, so are tired of seeing FSU, Ohio state and BAma being the best teams.

They also mostly play ND, acc, sec and big ten games here on tV live too. Not really heaps of pac-12 as they are on later in the day so espn starts showing other sports during the day instead of cfb. So I get up around 630 am on Sunday morning to watch a few hrs of cfb.

No one in Australia has heard of them.

i don't have a strict criteria, just need to bear in mind I have only been following cfb for the last four years, so are tired of seeing FSU, Ohio state and BAma being the best teams.

They also mostly play ND, acc, sec and big ten games here on tV live too. Not really heaps of pac-12 as they are on later in the day so espn starts showing other sports during the day instead of cfb. So I get up around 630 am on Sunday morning to watch a few hrs of cfb.

Ahh, being Australia makes things a bit different I guess.

CFB goes in cycles, but the big name programs almost always win the title. I can't even remember when the last 'mid-major' won a title - BYU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom