• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Local article

Blanchard ”began verbally abusing the applicant", and followed her as she tried to leave, the affidavit says.

He grabbed her hand in an attempt to take her car keys and broke her finger, cutting the finger ”to the point where she was unable to have it stitched," the affidavit says.

She was able to flag down a nearby police officer, but Blanchard fled the scene, and police weren't able to find him.

It's not clear from the affidavit where this incident occurred, and Waco police does not have record of the incident.

giphy.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
We expected Mahomes' draft stock to rise after the combine once scouts see his rocket arm in person but over the last few weeks he's already been climbing way up mock drafts. He's a first rounder more often than not now it seems and a decent number even have him in the top 10.

Karl2177

We expected Mahomes' draft stock to rise after the combine once scouts see his rocket arm in person but over the last few weeks he's already been climbing way up mock drafts. He's a first rounder more often than not now it seems and a decent number even have him in the top 10.
Enjoy cheering for the Browns this upcoming season.

Twitter says the MAC is playing zero Saturday games in November.

Sucks for the students but thats not a bad strategy to have all of their games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and maybe some Fridays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays generally have no football programming and Fridays are mostly HS football. If exposure is their main goal, Tuesdays and Wednesdays would be the best time for them to play.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm not at all surprised that a bama fan would love the most racist major city in America.
I'm glad South Carolina exists in a post-racial society, so that you might throw those stones at my house from the safety of your sturdily constructed glass abode.

andycapps

Some familiar faces at ESPN may be gone due to cost cutting.

SI has learned that ESPN will have significant cost-cutting over the next four months on its talent side (people in front of the camera or audio/digital screen). Multiple sources said ESPN has been tasked with paring tens of millions of staff salary from its payroll, including staffers many viewers and readers will recognize. Those with contracts coming up would be particularly vulnerable, sources said. The company is also expected to buyout some existing contracts, which is something rare for ESPN historically beyond a few NFL talents. The cuts are expected to be completed by June. Sources within ESPN say that there is no set list of names yet and stressed that behind-the-scenes people will likely (key word) not be impacted by these cuts.

Last month Reuters reported Disney had a lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, hurt by the drop in advertising revenue at ESPN. In addition, ESPN continues to shed subscribers at an enhanced rate, down to 88.4 million households in Dec. 2016. That number was 100.002 million in Feb. 2011.

Ganhyun

I imagine that sub count for ESPN is down because companies like Comcast are cutting some of their channels out of the low end packages (like in my area ESPN News is not available unless you get a higher tier package) to try to force people to go to higher priced choices.

andycapps

Ole Miss is getting more and more interesting.

Ole Miss rejects Freedom of Information request on amended NOA. Contends it “does not possess or retain copy” of NOA. Wait, what?

— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) March 6, 2017

It feels like almost every Bama player at the combine came away with comments about injury issues or character concerns. That's probably not the case but it just feels that way.

ryseing

Some in this thread may know that I regrettably briefly attended Liberty University for a brief time. Anyway, I was checking my email this morning when I see one from Ian McCaw begging for money. I guess I'm still on their mailing list.

Anyway, I nearly threw my computer across the room. One, Ian McCaw should be nowhere near any sort of university after what happened at Baylor, and two, those fucks have more money than their actual God. Can't even describe how much disgust I felt when I saw that email. McCaw should have been show-caused. The fact that a "Christian" university is willing to go to such depths for athletic success is absolutely sickening.

I'd tell the people I still know there to protest that rape-covering up scumbag, but protesting is a fineable offense at the "Champions for Christ" producing University.

No self-respecting P5 team should ever play them while McCaw is there, and that includes my own. If I ever see them on the schedule, you're damned right I'll be picketing the football complex.

Ohio State is getting a chick fil-a on campus. We already have a waffle house on campus.

Your recruiting advantage is over SEC. OVER!

Top Bottom