• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Preseason poll time!

1. Alabama (49 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC
5. Clemson (7)
6. Penn State
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconsin
11. Oklahoma State
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah

I was going to make fun of a lot of these rankings, but then I saw Clemson somehow got 7 first place votes so I'm going to keep my fucking mouth shut.

In my initial skim I superimposed the "Texas" at 23 over the "Virginia" part of 22 and wondered for a split second what lunatics put us in the top 25. :jnc
Damn. You must really have difficulty reading docs on Excel then.

On a more related note, I would Switch Texas' spot in the rankings for TCU.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
boMfhGg.png

giphy.gif

Damn. You must really have difficulty reading docs on Excel then.
"Skim" in the first post was actually probably overrating what I actually did. More like "vague glance as I mouse wheeled past."

USF is probably going to be the yearly G5 team people will talk about for the access bowl slot or playoff.

All because they'll likely be undefeated most of the season from a joke of a schedule. Especially out of conference.

LionPride

Banned
Quinton Flowers is the only player I care about this year besides Lamar Jackson and the sophomore at Houston

Flowers because shit he's good

Lamar because I swear if he gets asked to move positions because "he's an athlete playing Quarterback" I'm gonna flip

And the Houston player because that mane is good

More will pop up as the season progresses but like...fuck Rosen and Darnold honestly

Josh Allen is good tho

shandy706

Preseason poll time!
1. Alabama (49 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC
5. Clemson (7)
6. Penn State
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconsin
11. Oklahoma State
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah

LOL @ Ohio State

Not sure they could even score on Clemson this year if we played them again.

Do they have an easy schedule?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
LOL @ Ohio State

Not sure they could even score on Clemson this year if we played them again.

Do they have an easy schedule?
I thought we hit our maximum allotment of Clemson fans already? I suppose we can realign Az to South Carolina to make room, though.

Why can other NCAA sports like basketball and soccer have preseason games but not football?

That's what non-P5 opponents are for. Morons just schedule them later in the season for some stupid reason.

But really, week 1 top 10 match-ups shouldn't be a thing. TV loves it, sure, but these teams aren't actually ready for that.

The upside is that if you keep it competitive, a week 1 loss isn't going to kill you.

That's what non-P5 opponents are for. Morons just schedule them later in the season for some stupid reason.

But really, week 1 top 10 match-ups shouldn't be a thing. TV loves it, sure, but these teams aren't actually ready for that.

The upside is that if you keep it competitive, a week 1 loss isn't going to kill you.

closest they have is the spring games.

I remember some proposals where spring games would be between separate teams

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/40931/spring-scrimmage-against-another-team

Exactly. If Alabama could play Grambling State in the spring, maybe they wouldn't need to play them in the regular season. SEC programs play FCS teams out of the generosity of their Christian hearts to give paychecks to those less fortunate. Lets do that in the spring instead

Exactly. If Alabama could play Grambling State in the spring, maybe they wouldn't need to play them in the regular season. SEC programs play FCS teams out of the generosity of their Christian hearts to give paychecks to those less fortunate. Lets do that in the spring instead

I don't know if playing Grambling State in April is going to help you in September. Play Grambling State week 1, Troy State week 2, Florida State week 3. Then play your conference games.

El_Chino

Florida is ranked accordingly in my opinion.

Michigan is too high in my opinion, they pretty much lost their entire defense

Top Bottom