• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

ag-my001

Only college stadium I've been to besides Kyle Field is Maryland's (Byrd?) Been twice, thought it was pretty terrible both times, but that could be due to the completely apathetic crowd/team.

Nah, it's just not good by any metric.

El_Chino

I think I've only ever been to games at Doak and Swamp. Swamp sucks.
66-140.jpg

Totally sucks.

I've been to several games at Duke, I saw Florida State play at Wake Forest in the Weinke era, I was in Raleigh for an NC State game against Marshall, and I've been to Carolina to watch them cheat to beat the Little Sisters of the Blind.

Obviously, Carolina is the worst.

I've been to every BIG stadium and penn st and Michigan st are the 2 worst in the conference. In conference best outside ours is Minny is and wiscy

cdyhybrid

The only college stadium I've been to that doesn't belong to one of my teams is Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas. The stadium itself is a run down piece of shit, but you can drink inside and it's in Vegas so I'll give it a pass.

What's everyone's favorite stadium besides their own team's aka don't be a homer? Also what's your least favorite?
I've only been to two D1 stadiums, and since my favorite would obviously be my alma mater's, my least favorite is Northwestern's Dyche Stadium/Ryan Field. Don't think that would change much even if I went to more stadiums.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Clemson's stadium is decent.

I think my fun times there are just all cancelled out sitting through the hurricane/tropical storm game.

Kevtones

Autzen Stadium.

Props on the great taste!

Stadiums I've been to:

Rose Bowl - beautiful field but the seating is way cramped.

Reser Stadium - I went during the Jerry Pettibone era and it was rough. Nice box though.

Stanford Stadium - Nice and new and boring as hell. It's the UC-Irvine of football stadiums.

USC - The Collesium - historical and great views but damn does it need renovating

Cal - Memorial Stadium - great walk up, kind of okay views but I dig the renovations

Husky Stadium - beautiful and on the water, filled to the brim with a bunch of smelly fans who love bad acoustics

I love the buzz this town gets around this time. Feels great to be back.

But I'm especially excited for the new, interesting ways Kirk Herbstriet will find to fellate Urban Meyer. Kirk's going to have a big year in that regard.

Perfect. Haha.

I haven't settled on my dark horse pick this year. It won't be Miami. It used to be WVU for a few years but holy hell have they found ways to embarrass themselves unnecessarily.

Past few have been ECU. I might go all in on them this year. Sell all Gator gear and become a pirate.

Anyone have a good one?

andycapps

Perfect. Haha.

I haven't settled on my dark horse pick this year. It won't be Miami. It used to be WVU for a few years but holy hell have they found ways to embarrass themselves unnecessarily.

Past few have been ECU. I might go all in on them this year. Sell all Gator gear and become a pirate.

Anyone have a good one?
Colorado State might be interesting because they may be one of the best non P5 teams. Probably contending with Boise State in the MWC. They should score a lot because Mike Bobo is their coach and they have a good QB.

Colorado State is favored by 3.5 at home.

They have a cool new stadium with a New Belgium taproom or something in the stadium. SEC needs to get on that so we can get Creature Comforts at UGA, Druid City at Bryant-Denny, etc.

andycapps

Florida A&M and Texas Southern are on ESPN right now. And the Oregon State and Colorado State game starts in just over an hour on CBS Sports Network. I don't think I had that on Vue but it's on Youtube TV.

IIRC Aaron Murray is calling that game.

ag-my001

A Texas A&M linebacker just announced he was transferring elsewhere. He never saw much playing time in his two years, but LB is one position where we have no depth. You'd get playing time either through injury or because all the other LBs kinda stink too.

AntoneM

Colorado State might be interesting because they may be one of the best non P5 teams. Probably contending with Boise State in the MWC. They should score a lot because Mike Bobo is their coach and they have a good QB.

Colorado State is favored by 3.5 at home.

They have a cool new stadium with a New Belgium taproom or something in the stadium. SEC needs to get on that so we can get Creature Comforts at UGA, Druid City at Bryant-Denny, etc.

Wyoming has a 1st-round-in-the-draft-QB and a good coaching staff. I would put Wyoming ahead of CSU this year. (But I'm also a coach Bohl fan from his time at NDSU)

My least favorite stadiums, Carrier Dome and Rentscheler Field.

Both are complete dumps. Love how the Carrier Dome is sponsored by an AC company but doesn't have AC in it despite it's still pretty damn warm and humid in there for at least September and early October.

Rentscheler Field has no personality, it's in an abandoned airfield parking lot and just shows why off campus stadiums are hot garbage.

Michie Stadium is amazing not for its amenities but for the locale and its setting in West Point, truly a picture-esque backdrop.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is there gonna be a season OT made? And are we doing the "be in the main OT forum for the first couple of weeks" again?

andycapps

Wyoming has a 1st-round-in-the-draft-QB and a good coaching staff. I would put Wyoming ahead of CSU this year. (But I'm also a coach Bohl fan from his time at NDSU)

Wyoming is fun as hell to watch. Fair point.

So is there gonna be a season OT made? And are we doing the "be in the main OT forum for the first couple of weeks" again?
Think Ryseing is working on it. And yeah Cyan said can be OT for a while, I'm not sure of the time.

ryseing

We're waiting until week 1 so we can stretch our main OT relevance as long as possible. The first game of importance next week is Indiana/tOSU Thursday so either I or someone else will have the week 1 thread there by then.

Think Ryseing is working on it. And yeah Cyan said can be OT for a while, I'm not sure of the time.

I am indeed if nobody objects.

Perfect. Haha.

Anyone have a good one?

I think Miami wins the Coastal this year. USF isn't a bad choice if you think Strong's Texas tenure was a fluke.

If you can, you should attend a game at ECU. By all accounts it's quite something, even though Greenville is a shithole.

DMVfan123

Banned
College football byke?

3iWLxq4.gif

Don't understand why Jerod left when VT would've had a better chance to win the ACC with him and get more game film to up his draft stock

andycapps

We're waiting until week 1 so we can stretch our main OT relevance as long as possible. The first game of importance next week is Indiana/tOSU Thursday so either I or someone else will have the week 1 thread there by then.

I am indeed if nobody objects.

Nothing says first week of college football like Ohio State in Bloomington on a Thursday night.

I don't object, I don't want to do it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Damn ran to Cookout before the wifey went to work to get dinner for us all. XM radio had the Beavs call on.

Man like as soon as I got in the car and turned it on the Beavs announcers were like hurry up we gotta move need another score. This was when it was 20-34. Refs finally let play resume and boom INT.

I know on my way back the Beavs announcers were trying to spin as the season isn't over yada yada, but you could hear the one announcer struggling to spin this positive in anyway. Lol

Top Bottom