• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Wait, Va Tech and WVU have a Sunday kickoff?

Games keep filling weeks like this, I might have a heart condition. Not the kind you fake to get an analyst position at ESPN until you've bided enough time to cop your dream job.
(Bringing this up weekly this season. #neverforget)

(Also, are we having a pool this year, too?)

andycapps

I hope they beat Alabama so the salt from the Dawgs will overfloweth.

Not including you of course. You're rational.
Yeah I wish we still had Bobo as OC. He didn't call perfect games and I had my gripes but he was a great OC. There were times when he really did need to just run the ball. As in, you get a few great runs and promptly start throwing it and go 3 and out. If I was an OC if the run is working, I'm doing it until you stop it. Bobo is a former QB so it makes sense that he's pass happy.

I think most Dawg fans enjoy watching Bobo have a decent opportunity there and look at him as a backup plan if Kirby can't win. I know I do.

Nialrot

USF looking like hot garbage so far.

Charlie needs to get those boys to step it up or they won't be sniffing a ranking for the rest of the year.

Shaggybevo is having a field day watching this SJSU v. USF game so far.

be049ff745ebf57eadbf915f82c0c7b1.jpg

savage

ag-my001

So why exactly is USF ranked? Their offense certainly doesn't look like anyone has played before. Did people mess up how many returning starters they had?

Big 12 was dumb for not letting CSU in the conference. Good programs, decent ACKademics, get the rocky mountain tv audience back. Should have gotten them and Cinci imo

Pls God let Maryland win so we can avoid TEXAS IS BACK for at least this season.

I promise you won't hear that from Texas fans. The only reason you heard it from Texas fans last year after the opener was because we thought we beat a good Notre Dame team that was ranked #10 or something. We know Maryland isn't that good. Now, if we beat USC in week 3.....then get ready for "Texas is Back, baby!"

Still makes me laugh that Gary Andersen left the Wisco job for Oregon State

The one thing I respect about Andersen's tenure at Wisconsin is ripping the band aid off when it was clear it wasn't going to work out long term. I'm not sure if he's a good coach who was just a bad fit in Madison, or if he was just being carried by Aranda and Keeton. He certain isn't lighting it up in Corvallis (and seems to be repeating the same mistakes he made in Madison) but it's also a very tough place to win (tougher than their fans seem to appreciate).

So, our starting DE Raekwon Davis was shot last night outside of a bar. Sounds as minor as a gunshot can be, but, fuck. Got him in the leg. Hope he's ok.

Apparently he was there to watch the fight.

ryseing

Week 1 OT will be up tomorrow morning. Any requests for inclusion in the OP besides the usual?

(Already have Decided Schematic Advantage and Buck's pick'em)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I promise you won't hear that from Texas fans. The only reason you heard it from Texas fans last year after the opener was because we thought we beat a good Notre Dame team that was ranked #10 or something. We know Maryland isn't that good. Now, if we beat USC in week 3.....then get ready for "Texas is Back, baby!"

But this time we have the chosen one!

andycapps

Just in time to see people's real tears flow as they crash and burn week one.

I'll probably be one of them.
Still have no clue who I'm picking in that game.

Colorado State plays Colorado this week. Very real possibility they start out 2-0 against P5 programs. Will be a real shame to see Mike Bobo coaching at Ole Miss.

El_Chino

Still have no clue who I'm picking in that game.

Colorado State plays Colorado this week. Very real possibility they start out 2-0 against P5 programs. Will be a real shame to see Mike Bobo coaching at Ole Miss.
Whatever happened to Les Miles coaching there?

Top Bottom