• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So Colorado head coach Mike MacIntire was auditioning for the Baylor job: http://www.si.com/college-football/...umpkin-assault-case?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

I read the article and I'm still confused by the victim's initial conversation with Mike MacIntyre. I may have misunderstood but she stated she didn't want the police involved and she didn't want Tumpkin to lose is job because he might hurt himself or someone else, but in reality did want Tumpkin to be arrested and lose his job and for MacIntire to be the arbiter of that instead of her. Is that right?

If thats the case, I get that, because you'd expect better results if the head coach notifies the AD and the police rather than someone outside the program like her. Still it was weird that she stated one thing and expected a different result. Its obvious CU and MacIntyre handled it wrong regardless of whatever she said. However, I don't think I'd trust a football coach to make the right decision given how these things seem to be handled by them.

Just to be sure, I am absolutely not victim blaming in any way. I just wouldn't leave a coach an out even when its obvious he should not take the out.

cashman

Banned
Hopefully sexy rexy Tillerson can fund a ton of illegal deals to enrich himself and exxon. Gonna need the extra cash to make sure all the good croots don't leave the state.

Miami has successfully killed their program as a championship level program.
I wouldn't go that far..

Miami's administration fucked up the program. But compared to say, Nebraska due to the simple fact that Miami is in the third best recruiting area in the country.

Nebraska has to recruit out of state and pull kids from Cali now and do not have the local talent compared to other programs. That's a huge disadvantage.

Hopefully sexy rexy Tillerson can fund a ton of illegal deals to enrich himself and exxon. Gonna need the extra cash to make sure all the good croots don't leave the state.
Tom needs all the moneys

Slo

It's not the 80s anymore

hMYLpG.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Also of interest this week, NLRB says private school athletes can be considered employees.

If USC can start paying players above the board then RIP college football.
The key point from that article was this:
What is the legal effect of the general counsel's opinion?

It is nothing more than the opinion of the current general counsel of the NLRB. Griffin was appointed to the job by President Barack Obama in 2013. His term ends in November. A new general counsel, appointed by President Donald Drumpf, could rewrite and reverse this opinion. That happens rarely but is possible. If the new counsel were to reverse Griffin's opinion, then the Northwestern players would remain employees under the original decision by Ohr, the regional director of the NLRB in Chicago, but players for the other 16 private schools would lose their employee status. The decision on the Northwestern players' rights has already been finalized.

ag-my001

It's times like these I appreciate the ESPN megacast. I've tried hitting the SAP button, but still I'm subjected to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

Adam Smith ‏@adam_smithTN 8 minutes ago
Hearing that #WakeyLeaks will be resurfacing. Another assistant coach from an opposing school to be punished for contact with Tommy Elrod.

This is why Lane Kiffin r-u-n-n-o-f-t between the semifinal and the championship game. He bought info on the wrong school!

Top Bottom