• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Source confirms that Steve Sarkisian is all but certain to be named the #Falcons next offensive coordinator. Announcement forthcoming.

Nick Saban has lost control of his offensive coordinators!

andycapps

Source confirms that Steve Sarkisian is all but certain to be named the #Falcons next offensive coordinator. Announcement forthcoming.

Nick Saban has lost control of his offensive coordinators!
:jnc As a Falcons fan this interests me. I'm not sure how to feel but I knew they needed a good OC to replace Shanahan. They seem similar in tendencies. Both can call good games but have the tendency to get cute when it's not necessary.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Enough talent on hand offensively at Alabama, that you have to be Baylor-dumb to completely fail.

andycapps

UGA DL coach, Tracy Rocker gone. No word on if stepped down or fired. Word is he and Aubrey Solomon's mom had an argument that effectively removed UGA from the possibilities there. Was a great coach and developer but struck out on 5 star DT's last year and this year.

Haven't got a dig in, in a while...

Jabrill Peppers gave up 58 receptions with 0 INTs and just 6 pass breakups when the primary defender during his college career. #GoBlue

andycapps

Dennis Dodd has an interview with the UNC AD. It goes to some interesting places that are reminiscent of something Slick Willy would say.

Revealing what seems to be North Carolina's defense in the case, Cunningham told CBS Sports, "Is this academic fraud? Yes, it is by a normal person's standards. But by the NCAA definition [it is not]."

In its latest allegations, the NCAA contends UNC "leveraged a relationship" with professor Julius Nyang'oro and clerical assistant Debbie Crowder. Both are accused of setting up fake classes. The NCAA says those classes ensured the eligibility of several UNC athletes.

"We leveraged the relationship, we had special arrangements ... happens every day," Cunningham countered. "Last year, we went to the business school. The business school teaches a leadership class. It was for the leaders of the fraternities and student body leadership positions.

"We asked ... 'Can you create a class for our student-athlete advisory committee?' They said, 'Absolutely.' So we leveraged our relationship. ... One-hundred percent of the students in the class were athletes."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That "until improvements in Title IX are verified" part means that Baylor will probably still be getting that money pretty soon anyway.

It's like "withholding" a kid's allowance because he didn't mow the lawn but giving it to him when he mows it a day late.

cdyhybrid

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...rows_shade_at_steve_sarkisian/s1_127_23175058

Here’s what Taylor tweeted in response to the Falcons announcing the hiring of Sarkisian:

Alphonse Taylor ✔ @SHANKK50
Make sure yall let em know y'all have more than one running back https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons/status/829013232702611456 …
9:12 AM - 7 Feb 2017

The tweet seems to be a response to Sarkisian hardly calling any running plays after stud running back Bo Scarbrough got hurt in the second half of the title game against Clemson.

cashman

Banned
C4QPZwRVcAA5VlO.jpg
Texas' new design team from bama got some new social media posters out. Look out Nick, first we take your graphics team, next we take your croots!!!!

A few days ago I was going to suggest Spurrier for Alabama OC just so mre would enjoy Tennessee week.

Now everybody's into jokes, so I'm not going to.

Sorry, CFB-GAF. No HBC for you.

cdyhybrid

Just got a commit from a 4* WR, 6'3" dude. Between this and the class that just signed, there appears to be a shift in their recruiting philosophy to really target bigger guys. Pete was on the radio a few days ago and mentioned they're making some tweaks to their offense in response to the USC and Bama losses, wonder if this is part of it.

It seems to work well for Clemson!

Top Bottom