• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Onomatopoeia: The Series is stupid fun. Frontline and the Skaar series are kinda meh. If you need to pick up one of the WWH tie-ins, find WWH: Xmen or the issues of Incredible Hulk

the tie in with incredible herc , namora , cho , angel is probably my fav

JJD

prv11874_pg2.jpg

Magneto is just a badass.

Still, I don't like the current rendition of the character. Mags shouldn't be blindly following Cyclops around. I don't mind him in the X-men, and I think there's a lot he can bring to the table, I just think it's out of his character being so loyal and subservient.

Satch

Banned

SUPERMAN & CO.

LhgP6.jpg

JAN120232 SUPERMAN #7 $2.99

BATMAN & CO.

WNr7d.jpg

JAN120242 BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #7 $2.99

AQUAMAN

mwhAn.jpg

JAN120215 AQUAMAN #7 $2.99

THE FLASH

0WI8V.jpg

JAN120219 FLASH #7 $2.99

GREEN LANTERN & THE CORPS.

1EQyH.jpg

JAN120257 GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #7 $2.99

TEAMS

tLeAg.jpg
jIuch.jpg
g9pcm.jpg
pzO5X.jpg

JAN120275 BLACKHAWKS #7 $2.99
JAN120262 JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #7 $2.99
DEC110289 JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA DARK THINGS TP $17.99
JAN120295 LEGION SECRET ORIGIN #6 (OF 6) $2.99
JAN120278 TEEN TITANS #7 $2.99

MISC.

bdM1V.jpg
QpRCq.jpg

JAN120277 ALL STAR WESTERN #7 $3.99
DEC110321 DMZ TP VOL 11 FREE STATES RISING (MR) $19.99
JAN120223 FURY OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MEN #7 $2.99
NOV110226 GONE TO AMERIKAY HC (MR) $24.99
JAN120263 I VAMPIRE #7 $2.99
JAN120332 NEW DEADWARDIANS #1 (OF 8) (MR) $2.99
JAN120227 SAVAGE HAWKMAN #7 $2.99
JAN120341 SCALPED #57 (MR) $2.99
JAN120342 SPACEMAN #5 (OF 9) (MR) $2.99
JAN120324 UNCHARTED #5 (OF 6) $2.99
JAN120346 UNWRITTEN #35.5 (MR) $2.99
JAN120274 VOODOO #7 $2.99

FOR THE KIDS!

hdE46.jpg

DEC110306 SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU TP $12.99

JJD

I can't even tell if this pages are lettered or not. 20 pages of Adam Kubert and Stuart Immonen drawing superheroes fighting each other?

They are probably lettered. Marvel always releases previews with just the art.

I wonder if we're getting an AVX thread, like we had a Schism one. It should be fun!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Stuart Immonen is the fucking shit. That guy can draw anything and make it look incredible.

But I got distracted by the art - can any of ComicsGAF recommend me some decent comics art posters and where I could get them from? I would kill for All Star Superman 1 as a poster but that ain't gonna happen!

V_Arnold

Magneto is just a badass.

Still, I don't like the current rendition of the character. Mags shouldn't be blindly following Cyclops around. I don't mind him in the X-men, and I think there's a lot he can bring to the table, I just think it's out of his character being so loyal and subservient.

I think it is more than reasonable to follow Cyclops. Anything Magneto tries to do alone in favor of his race (or the survivor mutants anyway) can and would be seen in a darker light if Magneto were to lead. In the shadow of a well-respected face, he can rest assured and do his best. Also, tapping into Rogue is more important to him at this point than anything else :D

notworksafe

MARVEL
Releasing This Week

COMIC OF THE WEEK:
JAN120686 GHOST RIDER #9 $2.99
lkg0zl.jpg

• Final Giant-Sized Issue! • The Ghost Rider Declares War On Hell To Save The Souls Of Those She Has Damned, No Matter The Consequences! • Will Jonny Blaze Take On The Curse Of The Ghost Rider

5aUtB.jpg
vjecU.jpg
fO1ni.jpg
H0uDO.jpg
TkznT.jpg

LwM0b.jpg
Q6iCf.jpg
NEJbG.jpg
SBu0c.jpg
ob5KX.jpg

5jhJv.jpg
ed786.jpg
p8ZX1.jpg
cp6mh.jpg
08bjL.jpg

1xmfF.jpg
VgeFf.jpg
0gRQX.jpg
x6joe.jpg
1QfPf.jpg

JAN120693 ASTONISHING X-MEN #48 $3.99
JAN120643 AVENGERS #24.1 $2.99
JAN120622 AVENGERS VS X-MEN #0 (OF 12) AVX $3.99
JAN120656 AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #5 WITH DIG CDE $3.99
JAN120673 CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #628 $2.99
JAN120706 DAKEN DARK WOLVERINE #23 $2.99
JAN120672 DAREDEVIL #10 $2.99
JAN120651 DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER WAY STATION #4 (OF 5) $3.99
JAN120713 DEADPOOL MAX 2 #6 (MR) $3.99
JAN120670 FF #16 $2.99
JAN128170 KICK-ASS 2 #7 (OF 7) BLANK COMIC OASIS VAR (MR) $4.99
JAN120667 MIGHTY THOR #12 $3.99
JAN120676 MOON KNIGHT #11 $3.99
JAN120644 NEW AVENGERS #23 $3.99
JAN120679 SPIDER-MAN #24 $2.99
JAN120689 TWELVE #11 (OF 12) $2.99
JAN120649 ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #8 WITH DIG CDE $3.99
JAN120701 UNCANNY X-FORCE #23 $3.99
JAN120688 WOLVERINE PUNISHER GHOST RIDER OFF INDEX MU #8 (OF 8) $3.99
JAN120704 X-MEN LEGACY #264 $2.99

What I'm getting:

DAREDEVIL #10 – A damn fine superhero comic, that’s happy to see you and looks damn pretty doing it. Why is this so rare nowadays, I will never know.

UNCANNY X-FORCE #23 – As much I enjoyed the last issue, I’m happy to see this interdimensional intermission come to an end. I won’t be missing the artwork, and future issues just have me more excited. Still, there should be some interesting revelations to come out this, nonetheless.

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #0 – I guess I’m getting this? 0 issues always seem like more set-up for the event, even though you don’t actually need them for the event, because #1 explains everything? What’s the point? Oh right, idiots like me will buy it. Duh.

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #5 – Marvel Team-Up 2012 Edition continues, as I suppose Cap and Spidey fight over Liberty Bonds? Well whatever, Wells is funny and Yu can draw superheroes beating up each other…Liberty Bonds.

ULTIMATE COMICS THE ULTIMATES #8 – Ya know, I had planned to just drop this thing now that Hickman was gonna leave, but from the little I’ve seen from Sam Huphries, I want to keep going with this. Plus, have you seen the Esad Ribic /Dean White combo on the artwork? It’s incredible. Absolutely sublime. I’m gonna stay with this book.

SECRET AVENGERS #24 – Two Remender team books in one week, as if we can always be this lucky. Or maybe not? Is this book actually coming out this week? It’s not on either this week or next week’s Diamond shipping lists, and it wasn’t on the previews at CBR(but maybe its just some intern over there picking images to preview based off the Diamond list). I really hope it is, because last issue was fuckin’ gangbusters.

SCALPED #57 – Every week Scalped comes out is a great week in comics. Shame there are only four more of these weeks left :(

It's not on this week OR next week shipping list, and that is BIZARRE to me. It's been about a month since the last issue, and they gotta wrap this 4-part story up because they got Secret Avengers tie-ins with AvX near the end of April, which in kind has the Captain Marvel ongoing launching out of in July when the story is done.

So...a lot of stuff depends on this book coming out on time! If its really not shipping in the next two weeks, they're gonna have a bit of a clusterfuck on their hands, schedule wise.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wish i found out about Locke & Key earlier. this is amazing stuff, can't wait for Clockworks 6 of 6 to drop.

ReiGun

Read Y: The Last Man Vol 1 and I Kill Giants today at work. Good stuff. IKG left me bummed out for like two hours. I'm such a wuss.

JJD

I think it is more than reasonable to follow Cyclops. Anything Magneto tries to do alone in favor of his race (or the survivor mutants anyway) can and would be seen in a darker light if Magneto were to lead. In the shadow of a well-respected face, he can rest assured and do his best. Also, tapping into Rogue is more important to him at this point than anything else :D

Lolololol! Can't argue with you on that!

I'm not against Mags joining the X-men under the leadership of Cyclops, no x-man would follow him. I just think it's out of character him being so cooperative. There's no tension, he just blindly follows Cyclops.

One of the few times I though he was acting on character was when he found out about X-Force and asked/blackmailed Logan into killing that nazi guy who tortured his family. That's the real Magneto right there!

wish i found out about Locke & Key earlier. this is amazing stuff, can't wait for Clockworks 6 of 6 to drop.

YES YES YES!!! I've been saying this for quite some time! Locke & Key is one of the best, if not THE best comic on stands today!

Read Y: The Last Man Vol 1 and I Kill Giants today at work. Good stuff. IKG left me bummed out for like two hours. I'm such a wuss.

I Kill Giants tugs at the heartstrings. Great book. It's one of those books you can give to someone so you can get them hooked on comics.

I picked up the first trade of Uncanny X-Force. Goddamn this shit is so dope

YES

After 12 years of waiting I finally get to read Birds of Prey #8

This was one back issue that was either always too hard to find or way to expensive. And DC never traded it up. But they finally release it on comixology this week.

I've always loved the Babs/Dick relationship and heard this was a great issue. It might also be the issue that got things going again (until DC botched it before it could get too permanent)

Witchblade #154 - Storytelling was kind of disjointed due to flashbacks you couldn't tell were flashbacks. Come on writers and artists, clue readers in. Clunky comics. :|

Captain America #9 - YEAH! ALAN DAVIS DRAWING SOME SHIT! YEAH!

Orchid #5 - MONTAGE! Felt a little rushed and a bit choppy in places, but still a fun read.

Glory #24 - Why aren't you reading this? SO GOOD!

YES

After 12 years of waiting I finally get to read Birds of Prey #8

This was one back issue that was either always too hard to find or way to expensive. And DC never traded it up. But they finally release it on comixology this week.

I've always loved the Babs/Dick relationship and heard this was a great issue. It might also be the issue that got things going again (until DC botched it before it could get too permanent)

is that the one with them on the trapeze on the cover? I used to have that hanging on my wall for a long time...it got expensive?

So good to see Higgins' Nightwing #7 get the attention it deserves at CBR. Turning Points is such an apt title as Dick's world has shifted toward the future in many ways from this one issue.

I'm looking forward to see where Higgins is going post-Court of Owls. He really gets what makes Grayson not just another Bat, and after his amazing Gates of Gotham, I can't wait to see his Talon from that world.

One thing I miss is Dick Grayson's unique relationship with Superman (it's the reason for the Nightwing nom de guerre), and I'm hoping that it can be re-established in this brave new world. Dick was always my second fave overall DC character, partially because of this relationship.

Hey Bandit, last month I pre-ordered the first volume of Luther Strode to see what the fuss is about, since you won't shut up about it.

Then the other day I happened to see a page from the latest(?) issue of
a blood-soaked guy snapping the neck of another blood-soaked guy choking him with his own intestines
so now I'm under the impression that it's just another hyperviolent gore comic, its sole attractant to readers being said hyperviolence.

If that DOES turn out to be the case, then congratulations for making me waste money. :|

The question was always, "which Spider-Men?" One now appears to be the 616 Parker, which may confirm speculation of a 616/Ultimate crossover of some sort.

EDIT: From Bleeding Cool this morning: Dan Didio celebrates one decade of being a DC Comics exec

In the article he lists the 10 "high points" of his tenure at DC. In chronological order they are:
-Batman #608, the "Hush" storyline by Loeb/Lee
-Identity Crisis by Meltzer/Morales
-Green Lantern: Rebirth by Johns/Van Sciver
-Superman/Batman #8, the "Supergirl" storyline by Loeb/Turner
-Countdown to Infinite Crisis, the $1 anthology comic
-Infinite Crisis by Johns/Jimenez, with all of the tie-ins
-52, the weekly series
-Superman: Earth One by Straczynski/Davis
-long runs of Batman by Morrison and Green Lantern by Johns, namely "Batman R.I.P." and "Sinestro Corps War"
-The New 52

Fully 3/4 of that list come from or began within the first five years of his tenure. Oh, and for added fun take this direct quote...

Dan Didio said:
"I know for some fans Supergirl will always be a protoplasmic matrix from a pocket dimension that merged with a devil worshipping teenager before being infused with the Angel of Fire, but for most, she will always be Superman’s cousin. It’s really that simple, and that’s why she came back."
...and apply it to some of the more drastic revisions of any character brought about by the New 52.

Owzers

I'm going to hold out on AvX VS. until i see if it gets an oversized hardcover. If i'm buying it for the art then i want it on my shelf and not in a comic box.

ElNarez

Banned
The question was always, "which Spider-Men?" One now appears to be the 616 Parker, which may confirm speculation of a 616/Ultimate crossover of some sort.

EDIT: From Bleeding Cool this morning: Dan Didio celebrates one decade of being a DC Comics exec

In the article he lists the 10 "high points" of his tenure at DC. In chronological order they are:
-52, the weekly series
-long runs of Batman by Morrison and Green Lantern by Johns, namely "Batman R.I.P." and "Sinestro Corps War"
-The New 52

Fully 3/4 of that list come from or began within the first five years of his tenure. Oh, and for added fun take this direct quote...

...and apply it to some of the more drastic revisions of any character brought about by the New 52.

From the guy who thought Countdown to Final Crisis was "52 done right", this is fucking hilarious.

the chris

-52, the weekly series
-The New 52

Identity Crisis would be considered a high-point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom