• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

And choffable, can you not call me, or anyone else, a chronic masturbating men's rights activist? A bit excessive, and I am neither of those things. Maybe a bit too nostalgic for comics I read when I was younger. We can disagree without you pulling politics, or, well, pulling into it?

Oh man. I'm so sorry. I wasn't actually talking about you or anybody in the thread. I was talking about a much smaller sliver of nerdom, really just a few specific people I know. My shotgun blast took out more people then I intended. I don't hold nostalgia against you. So sorry once again.

Oh man. I'm so sorry. I wasn't actually talking about you or anybody in the thread. I was talking about a much smaller sliver of nerdom, really just a few specific people I know. My shotgun blast took out more people then I intended. I don't hold nostalgia against you. So sorry once again.

All good now, man.

I do get where you're coming from in fairness. There's a rotten element in some parts of comics fandom, but thankfully, not in this community and it wouldn't be tolerated if it reared its' ugly head.

NO METASTASIS

They want to do another scan in two weeks, if no change they just want to do radioactive iodine which is no big deal.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief over here. What a torturous wait that was.
That's awesome to hear!
The biggest problem for me isn't about his writing, it's that he won't fucking leave. He's been writing Spider-Man so long that I'm just tired of it. I'd be tired of anyone on any book after that much time.

I mostly enjoyed his work, but this is how I feel too. I'm just sick of his writing, and when Amazing relaunched after Superior I had enough. I just want a new face on it but ASM will always sell well and it's Slott's dream job so I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Comicvine has a first look at Captain America: Steve Rogers and I want to know who is to blame for that shit art. It works fine in the flashback but the present day stuff looks fucking awful. I might be skipping this I guess, and I rarely say that over art.

Anyway the reason I was on comicvine in the first place was to see how long Bendis wrote Ultimate Spider-Man. A lot of people find him grating but I don't remember there being any complaints over that long run, I guess the fact that it was an alternate version made it okay. I can understand the complaint about Slott even if I don't mind him but there have definitely been longer runs on Spider-Man.

Zombine

Banned
Comicvine has a first look at Captain America: Steve Rogers

tumblr_moc8l1rkd71supwv2o1_400.gif

Messi

Comicvine has a first look at Captain America: Steve Rogers and I want to know who is to blame for that shit art. It works fine in the flashback but the present day stuff looks fucking awful. I might be skipping this I guess, and I rarely say that over art.

Anyway the reason I was on comicvine in the first place was to see how long Bendis wrote Ultimate Spider-Man. A lot of people find him grating but I don't remember there being any complaints over that long run, I guess the fact that it was an alternate version made it okay. I can understand the complaint about Slott even if I don't mind him but there have definitely been longer runs on Spider-Man.

What the fuck at that art. What happened??

I just finished Standoff. What a cool little event that didn't mess things up and gave us storylines going forward. Some great character moments and good action. Loved the costume for
Quasar. Love me some space dust sections on a suit.

Interesting. I still hate his costume. Change the brown to white and it would be amazing

This looks like they forgot the K part of CMYK or they forgot to turn up the opacity on the inks layer once they finished doing the colors.

Im not sure if someone has actually had a longer run than Slott on ASM. Remember, Slott may have been on the title 8 years but ASM has been shipping on average more than once a month for most of those years.

Boogiepop

If we're talking long runs, then assuming we ignore the whole manga thing (since that's in a whole other ballpark), then Carl Barks comes to mind. Not sure exactly how many issues he did, but apparently the complete library Fantagraphics is putting out will eventually be over 30 thick hardcovers of the stuff, so it's certainly nothing to sneeze at. I'm not as sure if we're limiting things to Marvel/DC, though, but Bendis's Ultimate Spider-man stuff has to add up to a pretty serious amount at this point...

If we're talking long runs, then assuming we ignore the whole manga thing (since that's in a whole other ballpark), then Carl Barks comes to mind. Not sure exactly how many issues he did, but apparently the complete library Fantagraphics is putting out will eventually be over 30 thick hardcovers of the stuff, so it's certainly nothing to sneeze at. I'm not as sure if we're limiting things to Marvel/DC, though, but Bendis's Ultimate Spider-man stuff has to add up to a pretty serious amount at this point...

I think Slott said he is chasing Bendis' record at some point. Which seems silly given that Bendis' USM run was 212 issues + whatever the new Spider-Man series ends up being. And they're both writing at the same time.

Sandfox

Bendis has been writing Spider-Man since 2000 and unless I'm forgetting something his only break was during Secret Wars. That's pretty insane.

Messi

Bendis has been writing Spider-Man since 2000 and unless I'm forgetting something his only break was during Secret Wars. That's pretty insane.

Plus he wrote ultimate end for Secret Wars. Which was the end if that universe and was essentially a book about getting miles into 616. Even if they didn't want to admit it starting out.

Mindwipe

I've just been to see Civil War.

It's legit awesome. Spidey is awesome. Panther is badass. The Cap/Bucky/Tony fight is awesome.

squadr0n

It looks like just the first or second pass at inking. I dont think it will look like that in the final pages. It will probably be exactly like the finished pages included with the FCBD book.

It looks like just the first or second pass at inking. I dont think it will look like that in the final pages. It will probably be exactly like the finished pages included with the FCBD book.

I hope you're right. Something definitely looks objectively wrong with it. Of course the penciling ain't all that great by itself but at least it would be readable if they fixed the ink and coloring.

Boogiepop

...Dang. I just found out that the massive Judge Dredd backlog that appears in the Complete Casefiles or whatever is not on Comixology it seems. That sucks as I was looking forward to eventually grabbing that as its one I've been interested in for a while but couldn't justify using the space on.

Anyone have any idea why that stuff isn't up there?

Edit: Also, is there anything actually worthwhile in that Civil War sale, or is it all kind of ehh like I'd assume?

Branson

...Dang. I just found out that the massive Judge Dredd backlog that appears in the Complete Casefiles or whatever is not on Comixology it seems. That sucks as I was looking forward to eventually grabbing that as its one I've been interested in for a while but couldn't justify using the space on.

Anyone have any idea why that stuff isn't up there?

Edit: Also, is there anything actually worthwhile in that Civil War sale, or is it all kind of ehh like I'd assume?

Uh oh should I have not gotten those?

They seem to have gotten decent reviews on there. What's wrong with them?

Did you just purchase the main series, or all the tie-ins? The main series is okay. Some of the extra stuff is totally pointless.

I just checked the prices on Comixology and the entire thing is like $35. That's a crazy discount. No worries, you haven't overpaid for anything.

Though, in fairness (and I do bring this up often), that is half the cost of an annual Marvel Unlimited subscription which has the entire Civil War run, plus thousands and thousands of other issues and events.

Branson

Did you just purchase the main series, or all the tie-ins? The main series is okay. Some of the extra stuff is totally pointless.

I just checked the prices on Comixology and the entire thing is like $35. That's a crazy discount. No worries, you haven't overpaid for anything.

Though, in fairness (and I do bring this up often), that is half the cost of an annual Marvel Unlimited subscription which has the entire Civil War run, plus thousands and thousands of other issues and events.

I bought:
The Road to Civil War
Civil War
Punisher War Journal
Amazing Spider-Man CW
Iron Man CW
Captain America CW

Those were the ones that Interested me really.

Top Bottom