• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

TheFlow

Banned
We have a new "comic suggestion" or "getting back into comics" thread everyday but how come none of these posters bother to just post in comic-gaf or hit the search bar. o_o

Mifune

Mehmber
Been reading some ASMs on my Friday night. Slott, Joe Kelly, Roger Stern, Zeb Wells, and a kickass Mark Waid/Marcos Martin two-parter. All in the leadup to Big Time, which is where I hear things get really good.

Was Waid ever a regular Spidey writer? Seems like he'd be perfect.

We have a new "comic suggestion" or "getting back into comics" thread everyday but how come none of these posters bother to just post in comic-gaf or hit the search bar. o_o

We're not as big as something like AnimeGAF. A lot of people in OT don't even know there's a Comics OT from what I've seen.

I dunno. Sometimes people are looking for something more specific than an existing thread can provide. Personally, I don't mind.

VanWinkle

I'm loving this Patrick Gleason-drawn Green Lantern Corps stuff in the GL Geoff Johns omni. I mean, I thought he killed it with Batman and Robin, but he REALLY shines with cosmic stuff like this. Wow.

Nudull

Banned

ComicsGAF has always been one of those fringe communities that most outside of people specifically looking for a community thread wouldn't even know about, despite appearing on the front of the community section a lot.

Zackat

Here I'mma make your day.

I am gonna go to my local comic shop tomorrow, and from the looks of the website that place is pretty big. What should I look for in particular for new things? How is the new Black Panther? Will I be able to find it there? I am a complete noob basically. Just been reading through Marvel Unlimited and really enjoying it. Figured they could use some business and I like physical stuffs.

Nudull

Banned
Speaking of Marvel Unlimited, I finally did something I never thought I'd do; read Avengers vs. X-Men. All of it.

I was left with so many questions. Most of them a variation of "why?".

Finished the first ten issues of Snyder Batman. This shit is crazy good.

I've read most of the major/famous Batman runs. Is this one considered the best? It should be.

TheFlow

Banned
Here I'mma make your day.

I am gonna go to my local comic shop tomorrow, and from the looks of the website that place is pretty big. What should I look for in particular for new things? How is the new Black Panther? Will I be able to find it there? I am a complete noob basically. Just been reading through Marvel Unlimited and really enjoying it. Figured they could use some business and I like physical stuffs.
Comic book stores have various layouts but normally they are separated by brand, then the old cheap issues, and then the new releases/issues.
Black panther #1 is good but it is a setup issue that introduces key characters. Not a lot of action yet.
If your store is not sold out of It you will find it there. Comic book stores only order so much and base their inventory off of pulls and ect.

Zackat

Comic book stores have various layouts but normally they are separated by brand, then the old cheap issues, and then the new releases/issues.
Black panther #1 is good but it is a setup issue that introduces key characters. Not a lot of action yet.
If your store is not sold out of It you will find it there. Comic book stores only order so much and base their inventory off of pulls and ect.

Cool thanks. We will see, I will report back with my loot tomorrow. And I don't mind the setup at all, because all the Black Panther stuff I have read in Marvel Unlimited has been pretty badass so far.

Made it to #33 in the OG Amazing Spider-Man. Everything's great except for the romance and female characters which are horrendous. Like, I'm pretty sure Stan Lee hadn't ever actually talked to a real woman before writing this stuff.

Calcium

Banned
Speaking of Marvel Unlimited, I finally did something I never thought I'd do; read Avengers vs. X-Men. All of it.

I was left with so many questions. Most of them a variation of "why?".

Sounds about right.

Finished the first ten issues of Snyder Batman. This shit is crazy good.

I've read most of the major/famous Batman runs. Is this one considered the best? It should be.

It isn't considered the best. I've seen a lot of people who think the Snyder/Capullo run is overrated.

Archer & Armstrong #1-#9: Van Lente's comedic timing is so good. This is hilarious at times. Great first two arcs and pretty nice introduction for Gilad/Kay too. The whole thing reads like the National Treasure movie.

FIND AMERICA AND BRING HER HOME.

Don't worry, sillymonkey tells me Trump is already on that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cool thanks. We will see, I will report back with my loot tomorrow. And I don't mind the setup at all, because all the Black Panther stuff I have read in Marvel Unlimited has been pretty badass so far.

If you are looking for something non-Marvel check out Manifest Destiny by Image. Even Freeza liked it even though she is a Doctor Strange fan with questionable taste. :)

Hagi

I loved that A-Force #4 looped back to the reason Dazzler changed her look and attitude from Special Agent Dazzler to her current darker look. Nice to see that bit from Uncanny X-Men isn't getting left behind. What Mystique did was fucked up. Pretty sure this will end with Dazzler messing her up.

Sad Jorge Molina is leaving the book. He did amazing art.

The new art seems pretty cool if the cover is anything to go by. Hopefully now all the setup is done the book can really take off.

I got tired of it, kids. RIP The Flash. You are a bad TV show and can go fuck yourself.
This actually sounds rather interesting. Might have to read Mighty Avengers and Inhumans when I get MU next.
Inhumans is tricky business to get into. Also, besides the new series, a lot of people here don't like them
Okay, let me boil down my question to this: The "Captain America and the Mighty Avengers" series that's on sale, and that older "Captain America and Falcon", are those especially good? Or not particularly worth it?

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers is fucking wicked.
ex5u5m.jpg

Hellers

After I went to see Captain 'merica this morning I popped into my local comic emporium to buy some manga. I had a list of series I wanted to start and they have an entire wall of manga.... that's almost entirely void of volume ones. Way to get people to read new stuff guys. If I'd ordered from Amazon yesterday I'd have them now.

Spoiler free thoughts on the movie.
Good action scenes, a little bloated. Two characters steal the movie for the short period they're in. I wub Liz Olsen. The plot what little is there was worse than the comic. I'm amazed they managed to pull that off.

I enjoyed it but I preferred BvS by a long way. Would definitely pay to see a Spiderman movie with the new guy.

Also this is the first time since my Bank started supporting Apple Pay that I've had a chance to use it with my Apple Watch. I welcome our new cyberpunk overlords.

Messi

Much better as the usuall Deadpool Book.

Do we know from which universe Gwenpool is from? Like in was she In SW?

They are hiding her origin for the moment. I don't believe she was in Secret Wars at all. Her last appearance was in Howard the ducks extra stories and the Gwenpool holiday special. Which BTW they are releasing them as one special issue this week and it's cool.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They are hiding her origin for the moment. I don't believe she was in Secret Wars at all. Her last appearance was in Howard the ducks extra stories and the Gwenpool holiday special. Which BTW they are releasing them as one special issue this week and it's cool.
Ah, thats the content of the #0 :D
Will get that one when my next Comic Shop arrives, around august when my shop stays in the scheme

Archer & Armstrong #10-#17, #0: I love how the world keeps changing so quickly. Never feels like the series is treading water. But that also doesn't mean the plot twists feel like they were pulled from nowhere. The whole thing feels very well planned. Enjoying this immensely.

Did Eternal Warrior and Ivar, Timewalker spin-off from this series or were they running parallely?

Been reading some ASMs on my Friday night. Slott, Joe Kelly, Roger Stern, Zeb Wells, and a kickass Mark Waid/Marcos Martin two-parter. All in the leadup to Big Time, which is where I hear things get really good.

Was Waid ever a regular Spidey writer? Seems like he'd be perfect.

No, he's definitely got some good ones during BND. Enjoy, you found one of the creative peaks of Spider-Man comics

Made it to #33 in the OG Amazing Spider-Man. Everything's great except for the romance and female characters which are horrendous. Like, I'm pretty sure Stan Lee hadn't ever actually talked to a real woman before writing this stuff.

and this one of the other creative peaks, but Im pretty sure Stan Lee has maybe never talked to a teenager before either, god bless him

Top Bottom