• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Mudcrab

whoever is doing Sep OT - please include a note about the Battle for the Cowl ComicGAF's First Annual Fantasy Football League - 3 spots left!

we still gotta figure that out

what say you, ComicGAF FF league - a week from tonight?

Wed, September 7th
draft?

Might be cutting it close since that's a day before the first regular season game?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
whoever is doing Sep OT - please include a note about the Battle for the Cowl ComicGAF's First Annual Fantasy Football League - 3 spots left!

Wed, September 7th
draft?

I can't make any live draft during the week but I'll do custom rankings for my auto draft.

mreddie

Oh the header has to be NFL Superpro related.

NFL-Superpro.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
looking at solicits for picks on CBR's new website fucking hurts man that redesign is hot garbage dogshit

It's much easier to follow all the comic news sites on Facebook or Twitter than it is to go there directly and wade through their BS front pages.

We should have the draft sooner than that.

So we have more time to change stuff around

Agreed. Plus I'm off the next 5 days so any time during that period would be great.

Wed, September 7th
draft?

Im cool with whenever.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can't make any live draft during the week but I'll do custom rankings for my auto draft.

We should have the draft sooner than that.

So we have more time to change stuff around

Im cool with whenever.

Might be cutting it close since that's a day before the first regular season game?

is Saturday evening too big an ask?

also PM me your e-mail address so I can send out invites

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How are you feeling about Horizon after two issues? I'm pretty bored with it so far.

It's not great (I feel the pacing is a bit off, and some of the panel transitions and action are confusing as fuck), but I'm going to stick with it as it has a certain "punching above its weight class quality" that I enjoy. Maybe I'm just a fan of the premise...

I want to read some comics but I'm so tired I know I'll make it 2npages and then pass out

Yea I'm dead here haha quarter to 1 and I'm hanging oooon. Just sitting thinking I finally get to watch civil war after the weekend. Buuuuucky!

Anyway, peace guys, was good getting back in here and catching up with folks, meeting new folks, so on. Gonna be good getting in on the ground floor in September, I know rave will do us proud with the ot. See y'all on the flipside

Sandfox

This week's issue of Spider-Man was everything I wanted from the book.

I'm am extremely conflicted on the writing of this week's Nova from a continuity standpoint, but it seems like the book is full steam ahead in bringing Rider back and that makes for an interesting read.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's not great (I feel the pacing is a bit off, and some of the panel transitions and action are confusing as fuck), but I'm going to stick with it as it has a certain "punching above its weight class quality" that I enjoy. Maybe I'm just a fan of the premise...

I thought the art in the first issue was pretty dynamic but going with a near silent issue for the 1st issue probably wasn't the best idea when trying to introduce the readers to a new world. Would have made a really good 12th issue though.

The second issue did even less for me sadly. The characters didn't do much to endear themselves to me and the plot still seems overly basic. The art was also a little harder to follow.

I'll give it to the end of the arc to turn things around though.

Vyer

Wed, September 7th
draft?

if you guys are drafting Tues or Wed night I'd be down to join if there are spots left.

or really any night other than Saturday and Sunday. Though I could set up my auto draft if necessary.

standard snake draft I take it? PPR?

Goodness. DC Bombshell Killer Frost and Designer Harley Quinn statues got delayed again. And then we finally have the BvS Wonder Woman statue maybe actually coming out in September.

Top Bottom