• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel did this Timely concept in the last two years but they just reprinted the first issue back then.
IMO not the most stupid idea to lure new readers.

Oh god damn it.

If Logan actually comes back, how long will he have been dead for? Steve is back as Cap, Thor is on his way to get his own hammer, what other "big permanent changes" will have been reverted in less than 3 years?

Edit: I'm totally finishing the Omega Men thread tomorrow after seeing what people are saying in the OT thread I so foolishly created.

An OT comics thread. Based on/around an OutHousers article.

dfb1519b-5f29-4481-9b7d-c7912a8d1b2c_text.gif

DirtyLarry

Sort of OT, but not really, the latest Humble Bundle Book bundle is MAD Magazine via DC Comics.
I totally want to jump all over it, such an insanely good deal even at the highest tier, however I have simply just never used the app or site Magzter that is required to redeem the books themselves.

So has anyone happened to use Magzter before? If so how invasive are they compared to other services?

I just feel as if signing up to an account to this site will mean a never ending loop of mail that will be impossible to fully unsubscribe from, I am not sure why I feel this way, it just has that feel to me checking out their app and website, and truthfully as much as I want to read all of these issues of MAD, it is not worth it if I have to deal with a shitty service.

So any feedback about Magzter if anyone has used it would be appreciated.

The thread is getting worse
i feel like having a long chain of different processes (writing, penciling, inking, coloring, lettering) in comics is not really necessary anymore with digital production. it really lengthens the production schedules and makes it more expensive to make a comic. artistically, i think it muddles the vision of the comic in most cases with only a few exceptions.
cfZThJf.png

PsychBat!

Banned
Can't be worse than that bvss thread
oh please

A movie that wasn't well received but still made loads of money got criticized and mocked and defended to high heaven. So what? That's not the same as people who have little to no inkling on what goes on behind the workings of an entire medium suggesting things that are downright unfeasible. That's worse than driveby posts and the creation of funny gifs.

TheFlow

Banned
oh please

A movie that wasn't well received but still made loads of money got criticized and mocked and defended to high heaven. So what? That's not the same as people who have little to no inkling on what goes on behind the workings of an entire medium suggesting things that are downright unfeasible. That's worse than driveby posts and the creation of funny gifs.
That thread got ugly. This on the other hand just seems to be a couple of posters who don't know about comics

Han #3 was another fun issue. Brooks' art is fantastic - I can see Lucas wanting to buy all the art for this one as well. It's definitely up there with Lando as my favourite mini-series.

PsychBat!

Banned
That thread got ugly. This on the other hand just seems to be a couple of posters who don't know about comics
It happens when hype backlash and massive amounts of schadenfreude surround a movie that big. A movie that arguably had the biggest super heroes in the world collide on the silver screen. It was supposed to be bigger than the Avengers.

And reviews came. And people went. Disappointment that big was bound to happen since it was announced 3 years ago.

Hey I like that ultimate edition of batman vs superman! Because if a movie is all powerful, it can't be all good. And if a movie is all good, it can't be all powerful.

Or something. Y'know.

Aceun

So Spider-Man #7 was a good read. Kind of still illustrates where Bendis' strength lies, the character dynamics when he has his own sandbox to play with. I dug the heart-to-heart talk between Miles and Bombshell over whether Miles' should feel obligated to participate in the incoming fight in Civil War II. Of course, going by the future solicitations, it looks like he's going to have no choice thanks to Ulysses' vision.

Ms. Marvel #11 sucker-punched me in the feels. Like, damn that was a heartbreaking read.

Exactly how I felt when I read these. Ms. Marvel especially.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, Arkham Asylum in Batman Eternal has really seen better days.
Even when the breathable human spinal fluid is a little bit to forced to be eagy.

ElNarez

Banned
sorry, I wasn't being clear. Coloring, inking, lettering and writing do not need to be done by a separate people all the time.

I'm gonna call Jordie Bellaire, Danny Miki, Dustin Harbin and any number of writers AND I AM GOING TO MURDER THIS DUDE FOR HAVING THE MOST TERRIBLE OPINION ON COMICS EVER PRINTED ON GAF

ElNarez

Banned
2.99$ is to much for a comic!
Newspaperquality paper is needed!

If you want cheap paper without all the pesky writing or inking or lettering or coloring just fucking buy toilet paper

that's some fucking value right there GOD THIS THREAD IS SO BAD WHY DO ALL THOSE OT THREADS HAVE TO GET WORSE AND WORSE

ElNarez

Banned
THESE ARE THE PEOPLE

WHO SAY THAT BATMAN V SUPERMAN IS A BAD MOVIE WHILE THEY WORSHIP GUARDIANS OF THE GODDAMN GALAXY AND CIVIL FUCKING WAR

Top Bottom