• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

I just finished the last 25 chapters of bombshells. Still a really fun read and I really love the characters and take of the DC universe in this alternate world. I'm glad to see it's will continue pretty soon. Sure the art would get wonky at times but it was way better than the early DC digital weekly efforts. And yea the plotting and dialogue can get hokey at times but what makes it all tie together is the book has heart. Not only the heroes themselves but the outlook that no matter how grim it all looks everything will work out in the end.

Good stuff

Now?! But how?

Haha that is definitely quietly the really interesting question about this mini, it's setting could kind of provide a bit of context both for questions we've had in regards to HB in Hell, and the current BPRD. Plus Koshchei is a cool character, always did want to know more about him.

I was expecting a crazy style clash, but that looks great.

Haha same, although admittedly I'm only really familiar with his more cheesecakey covers. I thought it might look a bit gross but it does look good.

caliph95

images

tim1138

Haha that is definitely quietly the really interesting question about this mini, it's setting could kind of provide a bit of context both for questions we've had in regards to HB in Hell, and the current BPRD. Plus Koshchei is a cool character, always did want to know more about him.

Hmmm...
maybe time passes differently in what's left of Pandemonium, so "Now" there can still be prior to the end of In Hell? Was that final issue from HB's POV or a third party narrator,
I don't remember. We may be dealing with unreliable narrative

Sandfox

David Walker just tweeted that if Nighthawk didn't get cancelled he would've
either killed Nighthawk off or had him incapacitated so that Tilda could take over the mantle.

caliph95

David Walker just tweeted that if Nighthawk didn't get cancelled he would've
either killed Nighthawk off or had him incapacitated so that Tilda could take over the mantle.
I would be interested to see that And how it would have been done, it explains why Tulsa was becoming more important in occupy

And people suddenly caring about nighthawk

So what was the more disappointing years long reveal:

Nick Fury's Whisper?

or

Miles Morales Guggle?

I actually really like the whisper reveal.

Sandfox

They didn't stop when Trump was elected president when they did the Hydra arc for Captain America: Steve Rodgers. I highly doubt they stop now.
Hydra Cap was already setting up Secret Empire when Trump became president. Who knows what would've happened if the timing was different though.

Dalek

So what was the more disappointing years long reveal:

Nick Fury's Whisper?

or

Miles Morales Guggle?

I actually really like the whisper reveal.

The whisper actually made perfect sense with the arc of Aaron's run. The Google search was like the punchline of a bad dad joke.

Hmmm...
maybe time passes differently in what's left of Pandemonium, so "Now" there can still be prior to the end of In Hell? Was that final issue from HB's POV or a third party narrator,
I don't remember. We may be dealing with unreliable narrative

Oh 100% that's a big part of the finale, it's all told from the POV of the demon at his grandmother's. He imagines HB as this huge hulking thing and so on. All we know for sure is that HB rid Hell of the remaining dukes I think and kind of disabled the possibility of the destiny that he would open the gates to hell and lead Hell's army to earth; there;'s no army formed under the hierarchy now but Hell goes on in some manner? We're never privy to exactly how or what he did. I actually really love that in the last issue, he becomes this mythic figure.
The demon makes it seem like the end and I guess it is for his way of life and the way Hell has functioned and we get our scene of HB at rest in the house and all fade to white but he really could have just kicked those guys asses and sent them packing and now he's just continuing to have an interesting time in Hell. The end of HBiH was so metaphoric and ambiguous it's hard to tell haha

tim1138

Oh 100% that's a big part of the finale, it's all told from the POV of the demon at his grandmother's. He imagines HB as this huge hulking thing and so on. All we know for sure is that HB rid Hell of the remaining dukes I think and kind of disabled the possibility of the destiny that he would open the gates to hell and lead Hell's army to earth; there;'s no army formed under the hierarchy now but Hell goes on in some manner? We're never privy to exactly how or what he did. I actually really love that in the last issue, he becomes this mythic figure.
The demon makes it seem like the end and I guess it is for his way of life and the way Hell has functioned and we get our scene of HB at rest in the house and all fade to white but he really could have just kicked those guys asses and sent them packing and now he's just continuing to have an interesting time in Hell. The end of HBiH was so metaphoric and ambiguous it's hard to tell haha

I remembered that his exploits were being told secondhand but couldn't remember if that final sequence of him in the house rewatching his life was something that as the reader we were seeing directly or wss coming to us secondhand.

I remembered that his exploits were being told secondhand but couldn't remember if that final sequence of him in the house rewatching his life was something that as the reader we were seeing directly or wss coming to us secondhand.

Well in that regard, it does present those last few pages of him wandering in hell and then settling in the house with no narration. That does seem to be directly piped to us, the stuff before is all just the demon's interpretation and there's definitely some over exaggeration going on. As with all Mignola stuff, I think it's very open and up for interpretation, until they revisit it and pin it down. Super interesting stuff though,
Can't wait to see where they're going with all this

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Reading through House of M this weekend. I hope the tie-ins are unnecessary because I've already started skipping all the non-X-men related titles.

VanWinkle

Secret identity

I was trying to decide between that and For All Seasons. They're both so so good.

What's so funny about truth, Justice, and the American way.

Man, I need to read that one.

The one where he fucks Cheetah.

I have no idea what that one is, but ugh.

One of the only critically acclaimed solo standalone Superman stories I haven't read yet.

Here are the ones I have read and loved:

-Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
-Secret Identity
-Birthright
-For All Seasons
-Red Son
-American Alien

I'm trying to think if I forgot any, but I'm not sure.

Messi

I was trying to decide between that and For All Seasons. They're both so so good.

Man, I need to read that one.

I have no idea what that one is, but ugh.

One of the only critically acclaimed solo standalone Superman stories I haven't read yet.

Here are the ones I have read and loved:

-Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
-Secret Identity
-Birthright
-For All Seasons
-Red Son
-American Alien

I'm trying to think if I forgot any, but I'm not sure.

Superman American Alien. It's a great fun story about Clark and her pre cheetah

dh4niel

Trying to think of a good Superman story no one has mentioned. I remember Last Son being good. The Richard Donner/Geoff Johns 5 issues thingy.

Trying to think of a good Superman story no one has mentioned. I remember Last Son being good. The Richard Donner/Geoff Johns 5 issues thingy.
Secret origin is one I enjoyed.
Also "what to get the man who has everything" should be mentioned

There's some others I enjoy as well even if they're not in the top tier section. Like the doomsday/4 Superman/return arc, emperor joker, etc.

Top Bottom