• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
They are unnecessary.
Havent even interrupted the main series back then...

But make sure to read Son of M afterwards

Is that where Quicksilver steals the Inhuman crystals? I've heard plenty about it from X-Factor and the build up to War of Kings. I'll check it out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
His name in an out of continuity elseworlds book. Sure.

That's the name of his Joker.

Ah

giphy.webp

Going to be cheering on some relatives in the Midnight Run in an hour so if anyone wants to discuss something lore or story related before then, be free to do so. I'm just sitting in a park waiting on things getting ready so I have time to kill.

God, what changed you, Cronin? Did they not allow you to do Legends if you didn't do lists like this? 15 Women Superman Knocked Up

frye

Going to be cheering on some relatives in the Midnight Run in an hour so if anyone wants to discuss something lore or story related before then, be free to do so. I'm just sitting in a park waiting on things getting ready so I have time to kill.

God, what changed you, Cronin? Did they not allow you to do Legends if you didn't do lists like this? 15 Women Superman Knocked Up

between "super seed," "15 hulks i'd like to fuck," and "my 15 favourite superhero asses" my thesis that reading too many comic books eats brains is proving truer and truer by the day

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ohh, EXTREMITY volume 1 is coming September 6th. Gonna have to get that, there needs to be more fantasy themed comics.

Lashley

Just finished Mister Miracle. Was decent, I think I'd have enjoyed it more if I knew the characters more. I have a very basic understanding of them, but I'll definitely read issue 2.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ohh, EXTREMITY volume 1 is coming September 6th. Gonna have to get that, there needs to be more fantasy themed comics.

Extremity is my biggest surprise of the year. Such a good book.

ANd yeah I'd like more fantasy too. I have my eye on the upcoming Image series Scales and Scoundrels.

I opened Comixology up today and holy shit - the first issue of Mage : The Hero Denied is out!

I missed any press about this finally getting released, and missed the #0 too.

So hyped that this series is getting its conclusion - a mere 18 years since vol 2 finished.

I have been reading since around #4 or 5 of the OG series in the 80s and it had a huge impact on me as a comic reader.

VanWinkle

So last month I read The Dark Knight Returns and, man, that was pretty disappointing. I found that it didn't hold up well at all, despite some moments that were still quite good. And now I'm a couple of issues into Watchmen, and HOLY CRAP. It's insane how much better this holds up than TDKR. It's incredible.

What's the order of all those Flash collections DC has released? The ones by Waid, Millar, etc.

Waid, Millar/Morrison, then Johns. Waid did like 100 issues, though, so it will be a good 8+ volumes by the time its finished, unless DC starts making the trades thicker.

Is that where Quicksilver steals the Inhuman crystals? I've heard plenty about it from X-Factor and the build up to War of Kings. I'll check it out.
I enjoyed it, but it will make you hate Quicksilver.

Here's my review. There are spoilers though, so keep that in mind.
between "super seed," "15 hulks i'd like to fuck," and "my 15 favourite superhero asses" my thesis that reading too many comic books eats brains is proving truer and truer by the day
Why bother making a list of best asses when Dick Grayson exists? No better ass in comics

So last month I read The Dark Knight Returns and, man, that was pretty disappointing. I found that it didn't hold up well at all, despite some moments that were still quite good. And now I'm a couple of issues into Watchmen, and HOLY CRAP. It's insane how much better this holds up than TDKR. It's incredible.

Waid, Millar/Morrison, then Johns. Waid did like 100 issues, though, so it will be a good 8+ volumes by the time its finished, unless DC starts making the trades thicker.

Thanks. Maybe I'll wait until more of that stuff has been released, or buy the singles in comixology.

Yeah, I'm thinking only two more trades to finish Johns since there are only ~25 issues left but it will be a long, long time before the Waid run is fully collected.

Read the first three issues of Cave Carson this evening, really really great stuff. I didn't go in expecting much of anything really, wasn't even sure what the premise and I knew this one was kind of regarded a rung down from Shade or Doom Patrol was but it feels/reads like John Carter or an old pulp adventure story gone trippy psychedelic and horror tinged. Really good idea, enjoying it much more than I expected.

Messi

Read the first three issues of Cave Carson this evening, really really great stuff. I didn't go in expecting much of anything really, wasn't even sure what the premise and I knew this one was kind of regarded a rung down from Shade or Doom Patrol was but it feels/reads like John Carter or an old pulp adventure story gone trippy psychedelic and horror tinged. Really good idea, enjoying it much more than I expected.

I enjoyed it more than I expected to

The Defenders is pretty great.

Only problem is that it feels like there's requires reading. And I say this as someone who has watched every show. JJ and LC are the only ones I could see getting away with not watching. IF and DD on the other hand...

The Defenders is pretty great.

Only problem is that it feels like there's requires reading. And I say this as someone who has watched every show. JJ and LC are the only ones I could see getting away with not watching. IF and DD on the other hand...

I've only watched the first couple episodes so far, I've been playing a ton of Agents of Mayhem lately and there are two WWE PPVs this weekend.

Lashley

Watched episode 1 of The Defenders

It was alright. Bit slow.

Told it doesn't get much better either

CMX bestsellers time.

EU:
1. Dark Nights: Metal #1
2. Batman #29
3. Injustice 2 #19
4. Saga Vol. 7
5. Superman #29