• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

VanWinkle

Can't wait to see that beautiful Gary Frank art on Doomsday Clock. He's going to kill it on the nine-panel grid.

wIiqMBD.jpg

mgUHB6T.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Finished Squirrel Girl beats up the Marvel Universe and wow don't fuck with Squirrel Girl. And started the trades of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. I read those first 2 pages with the Spidey theme in my head and that foot note lol.

Aizo

Banned
Metal #1
I thought it was okay. It was kinda just a continuation of Dark Days but not as good. The End works only for long time readers, I guess.
Not really long-time readers as much as unrelated readers haha. Gaiman's Sandman is not something I expected to see connected to Metal.

El Topo

Finished Squirrel Girl beats up the Marvel Universe and wow don't fuck with Squirrel Girl. And started the trades of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. I read those first 2 pages with the Spidey theme in my head and that foot note lol.

The lesson of her comics.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The lesson of her comics.
Lol yeah. Read the first issue of the trade and I was not expecting how she handled Kraven. Excited to see where its going. Also I love how my local library system has so many comics. Wish I got my physical library card sooner.

They're outside the normal multiverse so that would explain a lot:

Is it true that
Elektra of all people
is the villain of Defenders?

Watched 6 out of 8 eps on the Defenders and I've enjoyed it so far, maybe I had lower expectations after the iron fist shit show (that i couldn't even finish), but feels good to be back with these characters again. Though I still wish someone else had been cast as Danny, I think at least he is written a little bit better in this series and has a few cool fight moments.

In terms of villains,
Elektra is a villain in the series, but theres kind of a villain team up thing going on to reflect the hero team up, so theres actually a few villains in the series and not to give too much away but Elektras not the same as she was in Daredevil.

It's a shame that Aquaman's brother, Orm didn't get any resolution regarding his new life being a surface dweller and discovering that humans aren't bad. Orm being the evil usurper of Atlantis was getting old.

Phamit

Not really long-time readers as much as unrelated readers haha. Gaiman's Sandman is not something I expected to see connected to Metal.

Well it's probably both for me, I didn't know at all who that was, didn't had a chance to read Gaiman's Sandman so far.

The Valiant thread?

That makes sense!

Though I still wish someone else had been cast as Danny, I think at least he is written a little bit better in this series and has a few cool fight moments.

Me too.

I actually thing the root of these issues is the Hand stuff. It seems like a case of "..we'll sort that out later." which they never did.

I'm only on episode 5 myself. I mean I need to watch it not I have watched it.

Valahart

For the user that recommended me The Backstagers. I'm absolutely in love. Thank you!

The LGBTQ representation is so beyond lovely and respectful, it's just... so human.

That makes sense!

Me too.

I actually thing the root of these issues is the Hand stuff. It seems like a case of "..we'll sort that out later." which they never did.

I'm only on episode 5 myself. I mean I need to watch it not I have watched it.

Hey I made it onto that Valiant list :) Don't give up Launchpad you got me into some high quality Valiant material. I will say as well despite the usual Valiant banter going around anyone not reading it should really get on Secret Weapons, only going to be 4 issues and its just great comics so far. Really reminds me of the great teen misfit team character stuff of old xmen/generation x stuff. They should have got eric heisserer for the new generation x or a new xmen team book (I know hes busy with movies)

As for Iron Fist/Defenders, yeah I think just every shitty bit from Iron Fist where they did the hand and kun lun in a half hearted way has made the events in Defenders have less impact. Also a lot of peoples (correctly made) opinions of how badly Danny was done in Iron Fist have made that hate carry over into Defenders even though hes slightly better written for in that. It is an improvement, I just hope with a great writer and a lot more martial arts practice for Finn they can try and redeem things fully for Iron Fist season 2.

Don't take it too hard. Separation of artist from artwork.
This one hurts a bit more than others purely because I always liked Whedon. His work especially, but I also thought he seemed like a cool dude in interviews and the like. A bit pretentious and full of himself, but that happens with success. Only a few exceptional people are safe from that.

But this is just a different beast. I remain skeptical about some of it, but it's hard to be excited for his Batgirl movie now.

Which, by the way, had me really excited and also convinced me to start reading Simone's run because supposedly that's the run the movie will take from the most. Super dark movie if true, by the way.

fwiw, I do read through your recommendations. Sent a note to my library curator requesting them to try to acquire some series (and finish collcting some others they started)...

tenor.gif

Ha as I mentioned I'm well onboard at the moment on Valiant stuff but any excuse to post that gif

The Whedon stuff he probably is a jack ass, but I'm not entirely sure we should be believing an article from his recently divorced ex-wife as gospel truth.

shingi70

Banned
tenor.gif

Ha as I mentioned I'm well onboard at the moment on Valiant stuff but any excuse to post that gif

The Whedon stuff he probably is a jack ass, but I'm not entirely sure we should be believing an article from his recently divorced ex-wife as gospel truth.

She left him for being a serial cheater who claims to be a big feminist while using that to fuck over the most important woman in his life.

That seems pretty cut and dry.

She left him for being a serial cheater who claims to be a big feminist while using that to fuck over the most important woman in his life.

That seems pretty cut and dry.

Like I said before he probably is a jack ass, but all the information currently out I've seen is from a blog article written by his recently divorced ex-wife, I'm not saying its not all true, I'm just saying its sometimes a good idea to hear two sides of a story before condeming someone. He has decided not to comment except for the below so we'll probably never know the full story, but its not outside the realm of possibility that she might not exactly be impartial in the matter.

Editor’s Note: A spokesperson for Joss Whedon provided the following response, “While this account includes inaccuracies and misrepresentations which can be harmful to their family, Joss is not commenting, out of concern for his children and out of respect for his ex-wife.”

tim1138

I wonder how many people casting doubt on Whedon's ex would be saying the same thing if it was a man who wrote about a cheating ex wife? 🤔🤔🤔

Aizo

Banned
Funny because I actually just watched The Simpsons clip with Alan Moore in it today! Wow. Really odd coincidence.

That is too weird. I would've had no idea what you guys are talking about.

Also, it was unrelated to any comic news of the day. I was rewatching an hbomberguy video. I'm so weirded out by this coincidence. I'm going to bed. Stay out of my head while I'm in bed, ed!!

Top Bottom