• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

I think Pops are pretty ugly. I have statues on the main trio already so I'm not really fiending for more. I got the Animated Abe statue for like $20 new off Amazon when its MSRP was like $150 or something crazy lol. The Animated busts they made are nice too and pretty affordable. Dunno if they're still available though.

I think Pops are pretty ugly. I have statues on the main trio already so I'm not really fiending for more. I got the Animated Abe statue for like $20 new off Amazon when its MSRP was like $150 or something crazy lol. The Animated busts they made are nice too and pretty affordable. Dunno if they're still available though.

That animated Abe you have is really nice. I'll grab all those pops lol, I don't have any cool HB stuff beyond the books but I do kind of wish that was more stuff in general for enthusiasts. Theres barely any cool HB or BPRD memorabilia , outside of the Skelton Crew artifacts.

Whoa, wait. I saw that Abe statue and thought the price was fishy as fuck (lmao) is it legit!?!?

Uhhh..... So I got my Diamond Premier Thanos statue today. I thought there was a mistake when the shipping weight was listed at 17 lbs. Apparently when they said "12" tall, they meant "over 16" tall." The 12" mark is literally at his shoulder.

n9lIE2d.png

I love it. He also comes with an extra set of hands. With and without Infinity Gauntlet / Cosmic Cube.

Dusknoir

I won't be picking up War Mother #2. Boring. That name made me thing it was going to be Valiant's Wonder Woman. On the other hand XO Man o war was great.

VanWinkle

Uhhh..... So I got my Diamond Premier Thanos statue today. I thought there was a mistake when the shipping weight was listed at 17 lbs. Apparently when they said "12" tall, they meant "over 16" tall." The 12" mark is literally at his shoulder.

I love it. He also comes with an extra set of hands. With and without Infinity Gauntlet / Cosmic Cube.

Dude I love that Starfire statue. The Thanos one is sweet, too.

Dusknoir

Was this the first War Mother book you've read? There was a one-shot released back during the 4001 AD event and I thought it was really really good.
Yep. This and Manowar are the only Valiant books I read. I should pick that one shot later cuz it has the same artist as manowar.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
More people need to be talking about Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, its dialogue is the best.

[edit]

Doctor Aphra annual 1 was fantastic. Marc Laming seems like a really good artist for Star Wars, not only was the art really good but his designs for the clothes the character wore was really Rogue One-ish. They gotta get him as a regular.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read secret empire 9

I can't wait until this event ends

Can someone link me to that cheap abe statue?

Sandfox

The Hulk Generations book gets the least amount of love, but I feel it had the biggest impact on a character. I haven't read the Thor one yet though so that could change. Wolverine was a good Wolverine story that had a different take from the other books and Jean Grey tackled a big thing with the character that ties into her current stories. I don't know how I would rank them though.

Aizo

Banned
Lore,
If you have a bit about Kirby's struggles in comics, I think having the famous "Don't do comics. Comics will break your heart. would be pretty powerful. Another one of my favorites is "Our dreams make us large."

My favorite Kirby quote (shamelessly stolen from frye):
“I taught myself how to draw, and I soon found out it was what I really wanted to do. I didn’t think I was going to create any great masterpieces like Rembrandt or Gauguin. I thought comics was a common form of art and strictly American in my estimation because America was the home of the common man, and show me the common man that can’t do a comic. So comics is an American form of art that anyone can do with a pencil and paper.”

Messi

So I decided to play Uncharted 4. I am up to
The Auction chapter
. Holy shit the graphics in this game are insane. Nates brother is uncanny at times. Also all the voice acting so far has been awesome.

Also Nates brother is the spitting image of Luke Perry in Riverdale. lol.

Aizo

Banned
What is one of the worst fanservice comics? Titles that are worse than anything from Zenoscope.
I can take pictures of certain sections of manga aisles in Japanese bookstores for your answer. I guess those aren't really fan service at that point...
--

The most shocking to me was one not surrounded by any smut. It had a nice, minimalist cover, and the art was very flowy and pretty. Looked like a slice of life book about high school. Suddenly, the two characters were sixty-nineing and the girl ate out the dude's butt. I burst out laughing and showed my two friends who were just looking at comics. "This one looks really cute! What do you think?"
"Oh, wow. The art is nice. I like th--what the fuck?!"

Edit: Still, I think Japan for sure has the worst fan service comics. Like that To love ru or whatever? Saw that in a bookstore once. Yikes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I can take pictures of certain sections of manga aisles in Japanese bookstores for your answer. I guess those aren't really fan service at that point...
--

The most shocking to me was one not surrounded by any smut. It had a nice, minimalist cover, and the art was very flowy and pretty. Looked like a slice of life book about high school. Suddenly, the two characters were sixty-nineing and the girl ate out the dude's butt. I burst out laughing and showed my two friends who were just looking at comics. "This one looks really cute! What do you think?"
"Oh, wow. The art is nice. I like th--what the fuck?!"

Edit: Still, I think Japan for sure has the worst fan service comics. Like that To love ru or whatever? Saw that in a bookstore once. Yikes.

Ugh! Those disgusting smut mangas! I mean, there's so many of them, though! Which one? Which one was it? !

Messi

I like the one where they have snake lower bodies but are humans up top. I want to know how they do stuff. But I am afraid to read the books.

Messi

I hate when you are reading a beautiful comic book that is consistent with every other issue in the series and you get 5 pages in and the out of nowhere the rest of the issue is drawn by Pulido. An artist who has his days but his art does not fit the book at allllll. Completely took me out of the issue.
Jessica Jones this month :(

Edit : removed factually incorrect statement

Malyse

Okay.

This is true.
I *really* fucking love Domino and she alone entertains me. Literally the reason I read it; seeing her do crazy shit with her powers is enough for a comic for me. The rest of the cast can kick all the rocks. It a trash tier book, but I'm getting entertained by it so fuck it. Gold is bout to get tossed like I did with Cable and Gen X.

To the most direct question, Weapon H was annoying because Cho is an idealistic dumbass. Everyone H kills is on his head and he's straight oh well with that shit? Fuck outta here.

Top Bottom