• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

VanWinkle

Beautiful.

G101s5G.jpg

It ends perfectly well enough as its own run, but if you want to continue with All-New you can do so just as smooth.

Awesome. Thanks bro.

Wanderer5

Linkara can rage pretty damn hard at times, but he brings quite a bit of good stuff for much of his bad comics reviews. He has improved over the years really. His retrospectives are great, which he does a series every March.

Oh man, it's a GREAT little series. Very fun stuff.

It looks like a cute fan service series with the bat family and other Gotham folks really. And hey Septh Batgirl is there.:p

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Updated list!

Black Magick #7
Deadly Class #30
Lady Killer 2 #5
Saga #4

I didn't realize Lady Killer was coming out this week. It's going to be a light but amazing week!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wish there would be more people with secret identitys left at Marvel. Its basicly Spider-Man and Spider-Man, who still have one left, right?

Sandfox

Maybe now Humphries can stop getting shit for Our Love Is Real.
He could write a book on par with Gaiman's Sandman and would still get crap for that book.

I wish there would be more people with secret identitys left at Marvel. Its basicly Spider-Man and Spider-Man, who still have one left, right?

Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Nova(Sam), and pretty much anyone in the Spider-family off the top of my head. I haven't read much Moon Knight, but I think his identity is a secret as well.

caliph95

Maybe now Humphries can stop getting shit for Our Love Is Real.

He could write a book on par with Gaiman's Sandman and would still get crap for that book.

Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Nova(Sam), and pretty much anyone in the Spider-family off the top of my head. I haven't read much Moon Knight, but I think his identity is a secret as well.
What did Humphries do this time

Vic_Viper

Just finished Mister maricle #1 and I don't know how I feel about it yet. When i first started I really didn't care for it, but as it went on I started to see that something wasn't right.

shingi70

Banned
Humpries has improved immensely as writer. The Green Lanterns issue about Jessica having anxiety is one of the best single issue stories this year. I also like how he has Baz's brother in law point out that being an intergalactic superhero in no excuse for not having a job.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Troll arc of Ms Marvel is a bit shitty. Book has still not recovered from Civil War.

And Willson should start make better villains, the book is not about them but her attempts were pretty shitty so far.

Humpries has improved immensely as writer. The Green Lanterns issue about Jessica having anxiety is one of the best single issue stories this year. I also like how he has Baz's brother in law point out that being an intergalactic superhero in no excuse for not having a job.
That sounds stupid.
The Troll arc of Ms Marvel is a bit shitty. Book has still not recovered from Civil War.

And Willson should start make better villains, the book is not about them but her attempts were pretty shitty so far.
What? That arc is great, save for its ending. It shows Kamala in a much more isolated and darker mindset, which is something we hadn't seen before this.

kmfdmpig

Unless the Green Lanterns have salaries I'd say he should get a job.

It seems like most jobs would be hard to hold down if you'd be summoned on lengthy missions (potentially to space) at a moment's notice.

I agree, however, that when Humphries started to focus on developing characters rather than just fighting the book improved quite a bit.

I mean "poor superheroes" has always been a contrived/requiring-suspension-of-disbelief trope. The GLs fly by Neptune, pick a handful of diamonds, and they are set for a guaranteed income. -_-

caliph95

I mean "poor superheroes" has always been a contrived/requiring-suspension-of-disbelief trope. The GLs fly by Neptune, pick a handful of diamonds, and they are set for a guaranteed income. -_-
I imagine other sectors or planets probably pay their because they need them earth just sucks and has too many heroes

kmfdmpig

Yeah. We've heard how much money can be made mining an asteroid. I imagine Guy, John Stewart, Simon, and Jessica could quickly extract billions of dollars of value from a random asteroid if they wanted to do so. Guy wouldn't have the moral qualms about doing so either.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah. We've heard how much money can be made mining an asteroid. I imagine Guy, John Stewart, Simon, and Jessica could quickly extract billions of dollars of value from a random asteroid if they wanted to do so. Guy wouldn't have the moral qualms about doing so either.
I have no idea how the Green Lantern Corps work, but I am pretty sure there would be rules against that.

What? That arc is great, save for its ending. It shows Kamala in a much more isolated and darker mindset, which is something we hadn't seen before this.
I dont know. Didnt connected that good with me.
But I liked the part with Kamelas gay friend very much.

tim1138

John probably has money banked from his on again off again career as an architect. Kyle, Hal, and Guy spend so much time in space that I can't imagine any of them having any kind of property on Earth. Simon had a job and lost it, and I assume Jessica was independently wealthy since she was a shut in for years.

The first few issues of N52 Green Lantern actually covered Hal's money struggles after returning to Earth for the first time in a long time and finding out he was evicted from his apt and his car was repossessed. It's the only time I can remember any of the comics addressing that prior to Humphries with Simon.

VanWinkle

But how is the binding. I am also concerned that there might be too few or too many pages throwing off the balance and warping the spine.

Brah. The binding has been great on these things so far. As for the page amount, it's the same length as the Flash rebirth deluxe edition.

caliph95

John probably has money banked from his on again off again career as an architect. Kyle, Hal, and Guy spend so much time in space that I can't imagine any of them having any kind of property on Earth. Simon had a job and lost it, and I assume Jessica was independently wealthy since she was a shut in for years.

The first few issues of N52 Green Lantern actually covered Hal's money struggles after returning to Earth for the first time in a long time and finding out he was evicted from his apt and his car was repossessed. It's the only time I can remember any of the comics addressing that prior to Humphries with Simon.
Isn't Kyle still an artist or was before he became White Lantern

tim1138

Isn't Kyle still an artist or was before he became White Lantern

I would assume so? The last time I remember seeing him making art was GL New Guardians #20, when he returned to Earth after the First Lantern story that ended Johns run. I bailed on all the GL books until Rebirth after that, so I have no clue if there was anything more recent.

kmfdmpig

Beautiful.

G101s5G.jpg

Awesome. Thanks bro.

It's a great image taken in isolation. Personally, however, I'm not a big fan of it for that book as it doesn't really convey the tone of the series. The image makes it look like a gory hyper-violent series, when it's really a much quieter and personal series about family. With that said, the art is very well done, and it looks great spread over the front, binding and back like that.

VanWinkle

It's a great image taken in isolation. Personally, however, I'm not a big fan of it for that book as it doesn't really convey the tone of the series. The image makes it look like a gory hyper-violent series, when it's really a much quieter and personal series about family. With that said, the art is very well done, and it looks great spread over the front, binding and back like that.

Fair point. But, like you said, it does look really nice for cover board art.

Dust jacket does more service to the tone, though.

fMjCuUH.jpg

Top Bottom