• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Hmm. Might try out The New Ghostbusters. If the interior art is anything like the cover, that'd be great. Love that style.

Dysun

The Throne of Atlantis story has been amazing, this is the best Johns has been in awhile, and I say that as a huge Geoff Johns fan.

-edit-

I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, but surely I wasn't the only one who caught the N52 debut of
the Atom
?

I agree that Throne of Atlantis has been really good but Johns has been killing it on Aquaman since the New 52. Justice League I'll grant you as disappointing thus far, but besides that he's still been putting out good work between GL and Aquaman.

tim1138

I agree that Throne of Atlantis has been really good but Johns has been killing it on Aquaman since the New 52. Justice League I'll grant you as disappointing thus far, but besides that he's still been putting out good work between GL and Aquaman.

Johns is consistently good in my book, heck I think I'm the only who has enjoyed his Justice League run and I buy any book that has his name attached to it.

My point is that Throne of Atlantis is top tier Johns stuff, you can tell he's having a lot of fun with this story and fleshing out the N52 Aquaman mythos.

Quake1028

I certainly did read more comics in January. Probably close to 100 different issues all told. Hope to read more in February.

I read the first 8 isses of WATXM last night. That is some good shit. QQ is awesome.

Acid08

Banned
The art alone makes you wrong.
Nah, you're wrong. She's just being used as the token female archetype, falling for the mysterious dude making nebulous promises. Everything he says to get us some variation of "now that I have you, I can never fail."

If you had to give me a one sentence synopsis on each, how would you describe these books?

Prophet: Seemingly disconnected sci-fi tales come together in a story of possible vengeance and salvation.

Multiple Warheads: Guy with a Werewolf Dick in a strange land with his gf.

I finally starting reading my backlog of comics from christmas and january.

Hellblazer volume 1 (Original Sins): From that reprinting series. Bloody amazing. I want it all now.

Unwritten Volume 6 (Tommy Taylor and the War of the Words) : It melts my brain how well this series has built up from humble beginnings to absurd levels of badassery and intrigue. One of my favorite comics ever.

Fables 18 (Cubs in Toyland): I don't care what the internet says, I still enjoy reading it. Some feels and creepiness in the main story, along with a fun shorter arc. It's now out in the world for the massive lending process all my fables books go through. been through one of the 5 friends who will eventually read it.

Still to go:
Hellblazer 2
Invisibles 1
Manhattan projects 1

Things I own but shouldn't read:
Planetary 3
invisibles 3

I don't own prior volumes in these two series. I grabbed them because the low prices at a used book store broke the rational part of my mind and I want them eventually.

From Hell was 18 dollars at that bookstore. Should I regret not grabbing that? My hand was on it when my wallet screamed out in agony and guilted me to the register.

hawkeye_cover1.jpg

Exclusive First Look at Hawkeye #8 (Newsarama)

Troll

Banned
I finally starting reading my backlog of comics from christmas and january.

Hellblazer volume 1 (Original Sins): From that reprinting series. Bloody amazing. I want it all now.

Unwritten Volume 6 (Tommy Taylor and the War of the Words) : It melts my brain how well this series has built up from humble beginnings to absurd levels of badassery and intrigue. One of my favorite comics ever.

Fables 18 (Cubs in Toyland): I don't care what the internet says, I still enjoy reading it. Some feels and creepiness in the main story, along with a fun shorter arc. It's now out in the world for the massive lending process all my fables books go through. been through one of the 5 friends who will eventually read it.

Still to go:
Hellblazer 2
Invisibles 1
Manhattan projects 1

Things I own but shouldn't read:
Planetary 3
invisibles 3

I don't own prior volumes in these two series. I grabbed them because the low prices at a used book store broke the rational part of my mind and I want them eventually.

From Hell was 18 dollars at that bookstore. Should I regret not grabbing that? My hand was on it when my wallet screamed out in agony and guilted me to the register

It's good, but it's almost exactly like the movie.

tim1138

Did anyone else read the GLC Annual this week?
I know there generally isn't a lot of love for the Lantern books in these threads, but I'm curious to hear other's opinions on one of the panels.

When Simon and B'dg used
the Book of Black and teleported, they also saw a prophecy-the First Lantern and Mogo's rebirth. In the top left panel, anyone else of the impression that was Hal as a Black Lantern? You can't see much of his face due to the skull mask, but the hair was reminiscent of Hal.

Dysun

Did anyone else read the GLC Annual this week?
I know there generally isn't a lot of love for the Lantern books in these threads, but I'm curious to hear other's opinions on one of the panels.

When Simon and B'dg used
the Book of Black and teleported, they also saw a prophecy-the First Lantern and Mogo's rebirth. In the top left panel, anyone else of the impression that was Hal as a Black Lantern? You can't see much of his face due to the skull mask, but the hair was reminiscent of Hal.

It would make sense since
Hal is supposed to be the "Greatest Black Lantern", it might be where they will go after Wrath of the First Lantern

tim1138

It would make sense since
Hal is supposed to be the "Greatest Black Lantern", it might be where they will go after Wrath of the First Lantern

With Hal as a Black Lantern and Kyle the White Lantern, it'd also clear the way for another new Earth Lantern in addition to Simon.

tim1138

"Bullhorn" is done, hope you guys enjoy it.

Great post, I had no idea Rucka had a new Image project in the works.
How is the second volume of Stumptown? I loved the first, and it has the distinction of being one of (if not the) first comics I bought digitally.

what about people whose houses burned down in breezy point?

are you not originally from the EC or are you just heartless?

I'm from the EC. And I'm a little heartless. Although I did volunteer in the Lower East Side and did some food drive/bike race thing for Sandy affected peoples. So I'm not entirely heartless.

I guess I just feel Hawkguys story is far superior than Sandy stuff, especially months later.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
"Bullhorn" is done, hope you guys enjoy it.

Good work bro. A lot of work by him I need to read.

October 2003 - At DC, Greg finally lands what is arguably his dream job with the company, becoming the new series writer for 'Wonder Woman'. His run on the character would last three years and receive a great deal of critical if not sales acclaim, and is considered by many to be a definitive run on the character. Ultimately though, it was a run cut short; when DC's superiors planned a new direction for the character following the 'Infinite Crisis' event, Greg opposed the changes and left the series rather than implement them. As a result, many of the plots he had been developing were cut abruptly short
Doh! Just got this. I hope that doesn't detract from my enjoyment of it.

Man I used to buy everything Rucka did up to around 04 when I dropped out of it.. I need to grab some more of that stuff I've missed that I haven't got around to yet. Also he's a really cool guy to meet.

lordmrw

I have this some episode of X-Men on a VHS where Wolverine has a weird Australian accent. He's all like "We're just havin a laugh, oi oi oi" and shit.

Its probably the single pilot episode they created back in 1989 or so called Pryde of the X-Men. If I remember correctly Wolverine even calls someone a dingo in that episode.

EdmondD

Great job on the bullhorn. Greg Rucka is one of my favorite writers. I wish he would come back to DC but it seems that they treated him like shit.

A non-superhero comic I would recommend is Mind Management by Matt Kindt. I seen some people mention it here before. It is very well written and creative. The art is kind of weird sometimes but it can be really good.

Is the Greg Ruckas Punisher run really that good?? I only buy trades and I haven't bought anything Punisher since Frankencastle (which I did love btw)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is the Greg Ruckas Punisher run really that good?? I only buy trades and I haven't bought anything Punisher since Frankencastle (which I did love btw)

It's really good bro. Get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom