• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up on stuff from last week:

Saga 10 NOOOOOOOOO :((((((

JLA was surprisingly good too. Same with the Throne of Atlantis conclusion. I think it was Rafa that was taking about Reis' art in that issue, dude fucking KILLED it. So gorgeous, that brah draws some dope water.

I don't know why but the concept of someone "drawing dope water" made me chuckle. But yeah, I'm surprised how much I care about this series (Aquaman). They made me feel bad for fuckin' OCEAN MASTER. I mean what the fuck? Isthisreallife.gif

Edit: Saga 10 yeeeeeeeesss ^________________________________________________^

HEre are the two pages involved with quote to show how it makes sense in context.

Page 01

Page 02
Uhh, not that I have a beef with it, but you might want to make those pictures links instead of using direct

"Captain American's body goes limp. His cerebellum shut down by his hated enemy."

THIS is ghetto. This is not Claremontian in the slightest. It is not the passionate, fresh, poetry that we know and love from the narration master. It's a straight up pathetic attempt to add an "epic" feeling. Claremont would take this opportunity to talk about INDOMITABLE WILLPOWER and SAVAGE RITUALS.

"Captain American's body goes limp. His cerebellum shut down by his hated enemy."

THIS is ghetto. This is not Claremontian in the slightest. It is not the passionate, fresh, poetry that we know and love from the narration master. It's a straight up pathetic attempt to add an "epic" feeling. Claremont would take this opportunity to talk about INDOMITABLE WILLPOWER and SAVAGE RITUALS.

"I don't know man I kinda like it."

™De La Soul Is Dead

Soooo glad Uncanny Avengers most of the reactions are great can't wait to buy on Friday.

I think too read as a whole it's much improved. I feel like a lot of the initial freezer burn was because of the wait and the circumstances. But again, who really cares. It's a great book no one is going to cancel any time soon.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hive mind GAF has a hard on for Sony/PS3 and considers MS/360 to be the devil.

really? bizzare - i don't think i know a single person who owns a ps3 in real life. all my bros and i have 360s.

yeah that writing is straight amatuer.

It's still my favourite Marvel NOW comic by far. It gets a lot of unwarranted hate in this thread.

Had too much faith in Remender from X-force to just drop the book over a slow start due to delays.

I really wanted to get into the book, but I just couldn't do it. The art wasn't the greatest, pacing was slow and I'm not too crazy about the cast.

I'll read the upcoming X-Men for my Rogue fix really.

I really wanted to get into the book, but I just couldn't do it. The art wasn't the greatest, pacing was slow and I'm not too crazy about the cast.

I'll read the upcoming X-Men for my Rogue fix really.

Yeah that's cool at least you gave it a shot and Woods X-men is looking pretty tight.

Yeah that's cool at least you gave it a shot and Woods X-men is looking pretty tight.

I read the first book at my LCS and was like, okay, it's the first issue so maybe next book will move it along. Coupled with the delays... It was killing my interest.

Hopefully when the trade comes out will I give it another shot so for now, I'll just wait.

Good on you for sticking to it.

Ephemeris

Bat Inc #8
I knew it was coming, but why did he have to touch on the Best Dynamic Duo? Damn you Morrison.

Here's to hoping there's a Lazarus pit in the kid's future.

It's still my favourite Marvel NOW comic by far. It gets a lot of unwarranted hate in this thread.

I don't hate it, I buy it for Rogue though. Black Bar Betsy book should get some hate though. ;(

Bats Inc
man when Damian told Dick he was his favorite and then them fighting together felt soooo damn good after dreading this book all week

I guess they're waiting for the end and are going to have Steph and Cassandra show up to save everyone? That's probably why they weren't helping yet right.

Quake1028

I haven't read the new issue yet, just got home and ate dinner, but Uncanny Avengers is my 3rd favorite NOW title, only edged by Thor and New Avengers.

ElNarez

Banned
Uncanny Avengers is so fucking cray cray. It's the best. Like, if it wasn't for Cassaday taking five years to do an issue it would've gone down a lot better. Because shit just gets real all the time.

For all those bros with me on Uncanny Avengers, good article on Remender's plan for the title:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43969

Get excited. Bring the pain Remender!! Red Skull and
Onslaught!!!

WHATTTT!!!???

Holy shit...

"Time travel of course means Kang will be playing a large role in this series and you'll get your first real taste of what he is up to in issue #5. It serves as a big sequel piece to 'The Dark Angel Saga' story line from my 'Uncanny X-Force' run. It's where we start to lay the foundation for the 24 issues of insanity that we're embarking upon."

Quake1028

People on the CGC forums are hoarding Batman Inc. 8 and already asking $25 shipped for it...........

EDIT - and eBay is already $24+ in some sales. My shop had like 6 copies left ahha.

I honestly keep forgetting to grab FF actually. But as I'm currently on the train home and can hopefully make it to my LCS before it closes, I'll try to see if they have all the issues thus far.

That page with the Moloids
going to Bentley and asking "teach us how to evil"
made me lose my sh*t. Hell, the whole issue made me lose my sh*t. Just amazingly adorable and sweet from start to finish, and speaking of THAT LAST PAGE. Oh boy are things about to get interesting.

So many great comics this week. Sooooooooooo many.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that fraction gets to work with Aja on one book and Allred on another is pretty damn smart on Marvel's part.

i still cant believe how well mehvel wow!!! has turned out so far

It's funny as I jumped into New 52 while not caring about Marvel, but then New 52 was boring me and I turned my attention to Marvel Now... At this point, I may go back and get New 52 trades but Marvel Now has been so much more satisfying overall.

Ironically, it was the Hawkeye book that got me back to Marvel and kept me there for Marvel Now.

JEKKI

aww craps :(

I jus got home n realize my store forgot to pull uncanny x-force for me...

o well, hope they dont sell out by next week.

frye

overall verdict on Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1? Should i just start buying at #1 if i buy it at all?

It's a slightly oversized issue I think (not sure of the exact # but it's >20 pages) so it's not a bad one to try out to see if you like it. It's pretty much a retelling of Star-Lord's origin/pitch for the series.

I hated the Bendis X-Men issue I read but I kind of really liked this and it's not too Bendis-y except for a few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom