• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

I just bought and read the first issue of this controversial comic. Couldn't even finish it and just skimmed the last few pages. Another comic trying to be controversial and "adult" by showing blood, gore, tits and dick. Another comic trying to be sophisticated and intellectual by being "adult". This "adult" material just comes off as childish. It's the shock rock of the comic world.

I still stand by my original thinking though. I hate when groups, be it the majority or the minority try to get "entertainment" censored, pulled, etc. If there is an audience for something in the entertainment world, let that audience have their product.

I'm of the opinion that those types of people have plenty of shock comics to read from other pubs.

Went to buy Saga 43. Description on Comixology:

"NEW STORY ARC BEGINS FOR JUST 25 CENTS!!!
SAGA returns monthly with a brave new direction, and to celebrate Image’s 25th Anniversary, this full-sized issue costs just 25 cents! In a perfect jumping-on point for first-time readers, Hazel and her star-crossed parents embark on a thrilling new adventure at the westernmost edge of the universe."

Current price: $1.99. Fuck off.

Messi

Went to buy Saga 43. Description on Comixology:

"NEW STORY ARC BEGINS FOR JUST 25 CENTS!!!
SAGA returns monthly with a brave new direction, and to celebrate Image’s 25th Anniversary, this full-sized issue costs just 25 cents! In a perfect jumping-on point for first-time readers, Hazel and her star-crossed parents embark on a thrilling new adventure at the westernmost edge of the universe."

Current price: $1.99. Fuck off.

Wierd it was $0.25 on release. This might be an error where after a month and the price auto drops to $1.99 and the issue being cheaper fucked it up. I'd assume the price drops for image books weekly are automatic.

Wierd it was $0.25 on release. This might be an error where after a month and the price auto drops to $1.99 and the issue being cheaper fucked it up. I'd assume the price drops for image books weekly are automatic.

Yeah, I remember seeing it at the right price when it dropped. I should have picked it up then.

Going to send them a note over $1.74!

Messi

Yeah, I remember seeing it at the right price when it dropped. I should have picked it up then.

Going to send them a note over $1.74!

I messaged them on twitter. Just wait and they will fix it.

Did you like Peter showing up again pre-Secret Wars?

I'm not a fan of Peter so....I didn't like all that. I'm all about Miles doing shit. The most interesting thing to me about Spider-man is the other spiders.

Messi

Jessica > Miles > Gwen > Silk > Peter

Young Animal sale on CMX, first 3 issues of all series plus bug #1. Also Morrison doom patrol, old shade ect.

Messi

Allred said on twitter that an omnibus of his Silver Surfer run is highly likely, if the stars align. Very excited to have it all collected.

Rank your Spiders. For me:

Jessica Drew > Silk > Miles > Gwen > Peter

Any others I care too little about to rank
Peter > Kaine > Miguel > the rest
Jessica > Miles > Gwen > Silk > Peter

Young Animal sale on CMX, first 3 issues of all series plus bug #1. Also Morrison doom patrol, old shade ect.

Nice sale for the Vertigo stuff. I've been really interested in Pollack's run on Doom Patrol so I think I might go for that since it's not so long.

For the YA stuff, they could've probably done the #1s for a dollar or something. I'd say Cave and Mother Panic are the weakest of the line and even they're pretty good. Shade and Doom Patrol are just joys to read each month and Bug has been good so far.

Morrison's Doom Patrol and Milligan's Shade are, like, best ever status so definitely check those out if you want some good-ass comics. Easily some of the best work by either author and they are just fantastic. Shade was never completely corrected in trade, so it's actually one of the easiest ways to purchase it.

Malyse

I want a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur game.

I want a canon Spider-Gwen game. That would be the perfect way to flesh out her world.

Oh and a Mother Panic game.

Good to see some Jess love. I actually only found out about her through Taskmaster (read: how I find out about anyone) but fell in love with her latest run. Sad it's over but a great note to go out on. Her and Roger are super cute.

If you don't pick up the old Doom Patrol I'll be mad at you(yes, YOU). If you own it physically you're excused.

Jess>Cindy>Mayday>Anya>The non-evil clones>Gwen>Miguel>Miles>Peter>The evil clones

Old Legion.

side-eyeing1.gif

Folks need to stop messing with that.

Rank your Spiders. For me:

Jessica Drew > Silk > Miles > Gwen > Peter

Any others I care too little about to rank

Ben Reilly > Peter > Miles > Miguel > Jessica > Silk > May > Kaine > Arana > Gwen.

Gwen has a cool look, but the book hasn't worked for me.

Malyse

So is Occupy Avengers ending? Cause it feels like it's ending. Also, that was a dirty way to do a character that had his own book just last year.

So, Nighthawk and Nightshade joined Hawkeye's team?

They team up briefly and Nightshade joins the team as a permanent member.

They did him dirty though in the Secret Empire tie-in

SPOILERS

Nighthawk gets killed off-panel out of costume and Nightshade dons the suit.

Aizo

Banned
That CMX Young Animal sale is bad. Don't fall for it. You'll likely come out ahead if you just buy a trade instead. I bet there will be better prices during the comic-con sale.

Top Bottom