• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

I'm just wondering how warped tour is still a thing, I didn't think that style of music was still popular because I liked it as teen but being 24 I now listen to mostly indie stuff. All the popular warped tour bands from my day either don't exist or changed their sound like fallout boy.

In all fairness, I'm about to turn 29,and I would have said the same thing five or ten years ago upon seeing Fallout Boy on the bill I guess. They aren't a band I would ever associated with the warped tour, as I thought of it as a teen or in high school, at any point in their career and yet that sound dominated the warped tour for a time.

Which I guess is to say, this stuff evolves, and regardless of age differences, we're all getting older haha.

I loved Black Panther #5 - #8. The Crew and their interaction with Panther was great. (Misty Knight's moment of realisation about Captain America and Spider-Man!).
The Transmetropolitan resolution to Stane's part of the arc was well done. Nicely symmetric with the video they themselves had released earlier. Wonder where they are going with the resolution - T'Challa handing everything to Shuri and ending with him just punching people would not be a satisfactory one for me.

tim1138

I'm just wondering how warped tour is still a thing, I didn't think that style of music was still popular because I liked it as teen but being 24 I now listen to mostly indie stuff. All the popular warped tour bands from my day either don't exist or changed their sound like fallout boy.

In all fairness, I'm about to turn 29,and I would have said the same thing five or ten years ago upon seeing Fallout Boy on the bill I guess. They aren't a band I would ever associated with the warped tour, as I thought of it as a teen or in high school, at any point in their career and yet that sound dominated the warped tour for a time.

Which I guess is to say, this stuff evolves, and regardless of age differences, we're all getting older haha.

Dudes, I'm gonna be 38 this year, and Goldfinger, Strung Out, Hatebreed, and Sick of it All existed 20+ years ago when I was a teen. I remember seeing SoiA when I was 17 or 18 and thinking those dudes looked old then.

Dudes, I'm gonna be 38 this year, and Goldfinger, Strung Out, Hatebreed, and Sick of it All existed 20+ years ago when I was a teen. I remember seeing SoiA when I was 17 or 18 and thinking those dudes looked old then.

hahahah. I actually went and saw Bad Religion last summer. They don't really play Scotland much of ever, so even though I've been out of the loop on what they've been doing the last while, I thought hey why not. Imagine my surprise when I actually laid eyes on the lead singer when he came out:

greg-graffin-bad-religion-palestra-curso.jpg

hahahah. I actually went and saw Bad Religion last summer. They don't really play Scotland much of ever, so even though I've been out of the loop on what they've been doing the last while, I thought hey why not. Imagine my surprise when I actually laid eyes on the lead singer when he came out:

Graffin also has the classic punk rock lead singer / professor at UCLA double going on. Quite a life to lead.

tim1138

Haha, amazing. What was their set even like? I dying think my mind could have handled seeing that dude sing stiff off of Suffer.

I read through all of This One Summer and finished Super Mutant Magic Academy last night. Loved them both.

I read all of This One Summer in a single sitting, which is becoming rarer for me every day lol. Very good GN and Mariko Tamaki's family dialogue was wonderful. It felt genuine and realistic and was a great YA story overall. Jillian's art, especially her work on the setting, was beautiful too. Loved the water especially.

SMMA was really fun and it was one of those books where I didn't want it to end. Jillian has a great sense of humor and there were quite a few laugh out loud moments throughout. This will go along Megahex in my list of evergreen comedy books. Highly recommended.

Prolly gonna start Anya's Ghost tonight. Looks good.

Reread Prince of Cats last night

What a rad comic. If you haven't read it, the recent image reprint is pretty affordable and is basically absolute edition size.

I can't think of a more stylish comic or one with better dialogue

MG310

Updated the spreadsheet after the last month or so of orders and a big sale..blank cover count now at 799 not counting the ones that have been used already. Still think I have more stashed somewhere in with the non-bank floppies.

Also those fabric boxes that go in the cube style Ikea bookcases are much more sturdy than originally expected and hold 2 rows of them.

Messi

Updated the spreadsheet after the last month or so of orders and a big sale..blank cover count now at 799 not counting the ones that have been used already. Still think I have more stashed somewhere in with the non-bank floppies.

Also those fabric boxes that go in the cube style Ikea bookcases are much more sturdy than originally expected and hold 2 rows of them.

Can I ask why you buy so many that you can't possibly get sketched on.

I read through all of This One Summer and finished Super Mutant Magic Academy last night. Loved them both.

I read all of This One Summer in a single sitting, which is becoming rarer for me every day lol. Very good GN and Mariko Tamaki's family dialogue was wonderful. It felt genuine and realistic and was a great YA story overall. Jillian's art, especially her work on the setting, was beautiful too. Loved the water especially.

SMMA was really fun and it was one of those books where I didn't want it to end. Jillian has a great sense of humor and there were quite a few laugh out loud moments throughout. This will go along Megahex in my list of evergreen comedy books. Highly recommended.

Prolly gonna start Anya's Ghost tonight. Looks good.

Reread Prince of Cats last night

What a rad comic. If you haven't read it, the recent image reprint is pretty affordable and is basically absolute edition size.

I can't think of a more stylish comic or one with better dialogue

Three more books to add to my Library queue...

I have some 20 books checked out right now. I am on some sort of Comic Book Hamster Wheel.

Graffin also has the classic punk rock lead singer / professor at UCLA double going on. Quite a life to lead.

Haha yea, he's quite an interesting dude when you read up on him.

Haha, amazing. What was their set even like? I dying think my mind could have handled seeing that dude sing stiff off of Suffer.

It was pretty great man! They could only have played a few songs I didn't recognise/modern tunes, there was plenty from Suffer, some of my favourites off of No Control. It wasn't a tour for a new record so it was pretty varied. In fact the last thing they put out seems to have been a Christmas cover record...lol

Considering his wording of
"when there was only one universe etc" and then "when there was only i", either that he was the only or the first being in existence. More likely or what i think he could the first universes version of eternity which happens since technically Galactus is half eternity from the previous universe. That or he just the abstract representative of the first universe. Either way he likely was some cosmic being from the first universe

My money is on "new entity" but if I'm forced to point to something that already exists, this thing being Oblivion (or an aspect thereof, like Chaos King) is the only thing that makes sense.

Oblivion represents the nothingness that predated everything- and as an opposing force to Eternity and Infinity it's strong enough to chain eternity (without being able to outright defeat it..thus the complicated scheme to have eternity collapse in on itself) but higher up the totem pole than Order and Chaos are and able to play them both like fools if it wants.

Rodstzvow being born out of something that literally embodies universal annihilation and a return to zero makes narrative sense from that angle.

Also on the Ultimates thing slight spoiler Al wing does sort of clarifies it a bit
https://twitter.com/Adinaieros/status/844689883440562178
Well that just kind of settles it all?
Isn't theier entire line basically public domain characters with boobs and skimpy outfits
And Death Squad

Which was trash. Horrible, horrible trash.

Just started reading Scarlet. Pretty solid so far. Not what I was expecting. I do like how they're handling narration.

It's been an age since I read the first volume, but I remember quite liking it at the time, even if it felt like there wasnt much movement from the beginning to the end of vol 1. Was there more/is it finished now?

MG310

Can I ask why you buy so many that you can't possibly get sketched on.

They were very inexpensive at the time for the most part usually between 90 cents and 1.40. It's 799 spread over 140 different book. Most of the ones I have multiples of cover a wide range of chracters..so probably 50 or so Bat family books, 50 X-Men, 25 Spider-Man, 30 Fantastic Four etc.

Only solo character book I have a ton of is Harley - which is around 30 of the Comic Con one and then maybe another 15 or so between 0 and Valentine's Day special. I always get at least one of her per show and the only currently available Harley blank is the one that is retailer exclusive and 10 dollars a piece.

Aside from that it'll be one or two for single character books or up to 10 or so for team books.

That said I did get a single copy of Civil War 2 in my last shipment and could not figure out why once I had it in my hands as I have better options for Captain Marvel and Iron Man.

I also have a tendency to hoard things for future creative endeavors - parts for custom figures, art supplies etc.

Read through Dr Strange volume 3. I know some folks went off the book around this point, but I thought that was great. Having never read a Strange comic before this run, it was fun to see Aaron play with so many of his rogues in one arc. His seemingly unlimited plethora of magical salves and solutions to solve the crazy situations he bounces Strange post to post from is just great comics, I could read this stuff for years. Kind of sad he's leaving the book.

Also, while guest art is fun, it underlines how much Bachalo is making the book a done deal for me. For all of Aaron's wacky ideas, Bachalo completely defines every corner of the world, sells every crazy fight scene. Some times I find Bachalo a little busy to look at, but his work completely compliments the script in this case.

Oh, and special shout out to The Orb, really fun character appearance and I love how much Aaron unbuckles the seatbelt when writing him and just goes nuts.

I'm reading Vol. 1, which has issues #1-5

Cool man, I had a look and there's a volume 2 now, I might have a look at that at some point.

Reading the Snotgirl trade. Shit is fascinating. It has this style.

I thought you were reading it already.

Just started reading Scarlet. Pretty solid so far. Not what I was expecting. I do like how they're handling narration.

Really enjoyed Scarlet. The release schedule was so inconsistent, though. They started it right around the time the whole Occupy Wall Street movement was going on, and they took a break because they thought the subject matter might make it a little too hot.

Messi

I thought you were reading it already.

Really enjoyed Scarlet. The release schedule was so inconsistent, though. They started it right around the time the whole Occupy Wall Street movement was going on, and they took a break because they thought the subject matter might make it a little too hot.

I read the first two as they came out

Vic_Viper

How was Bendis's New Avengers run? Noticed the Omnibus is going for 48$ on Amazon, but not sure I should bother since there's probably never going to be a Vol. 2.

Never read the run accept for a few tie ins here and there for Civil War and other events. Heard it's great but not sure if I should pick up the Omni or not.

Is there a good guide for the Bendis Avengers run, including all the events and what not. From Breakout to Civil War, Secret Invasion, and ending right at the Heroic Age?

Finished Nier Automata, endings A-E aka the whole story. Probably one of the best games I've ever played in terms of the interactive narrative delivered, and the themes explored. Pretty unflinching and depressing at times and probably not something I could universally recommend, but it was supremely satisfying to reach the end and have the whole thing laid bare. Sad to see the curtains close on it, but kind of already excited to jump in again down the line, with the full scope of the plot in mind.

Black Canary (#1 - #12) was pretty good fun. The first arc I thought was much better than the second one (which at times I found rather difficult to follow). Maybe because I don't know a lot of Dinah's history?

Also, is this Cash Cole? The Wildstorm universe bled into New 52?

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Rebirth felt very pointless and didn't fit into the two trades at all. They might have thought it would hook readers into a new run but the stark contrast of it with the rest of the run actually put me off wanting to try the Birds of Prey Rebirth series.

Cool man, I had a look and there's a volume 2 now, I might have a look at that at some point.
I'll have to check that out as well then. Enjoying this so far
Damn. It's pretty enjoyable right now, though it's slow. Not that it's a bad thing, but I got the impression that it was gonna be some clandestine spy action book.

It is not that at all

tim1138

Black Canary (#1 - #12) was pretty good fun. The first arc I thought was much better than the second one (which at times I found rather difficult to follow). Maybe because I don't know a lot of Dinah's history?

Also, is this Cash Cole? The Wildstorm universe bled into New 52?

Yeah that's Grifter. During the New 52, DC tried to merge Wildstorm into the main universe, with varying degrees of success.

Top Bottom