• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Soule Daredevil preview. He's back in NYC working in the DA's office.

http://comicsalliance.com/soule-garney-daredevil-preview/

nWfyyfU.jpg

Link has some variant covers too.

Kipp! Incentive for you to get the Usagi Yojimbo Box Set.

I gotta say, I'm digging Burnham's art in Batman Incorporated. His anatomy can be kinda wonky at times, but his grasp of perspective is incredible and his expressions are very... expressive. Can't say I'm terribly happy with the color work, though, it's kinda flat. And the all-gray Batsuit needs some shadow on it.

tim1138

I gotta say, I'm digging Burnham's art in Batman Incorporated. His anatomy can be kinda wonky at times, but his grasp of perspective is incredible and his expressions are very... expressive. Can't say I'm terribly happy with the color work, though, it's kinda flat. And the all-gray Batsuit needs some shadow on it.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about Nathan Fairbairn's colors

Is that the one with the Pet Avengers? If so yeah it's an instant classic.

Yep! This week's light Marvel Unlimited update was worth it just for that issue.
I would so buy a monthly Rocket and the Pet Avengers book.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about Nathan Fairbairn's colors

Yep! This week's light Marvel Unlimited update was worth it just for that issue.
I would so buy a monthly Rocket and the Pet Avengers book.

I dunno about complain. It's okay, just... flat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yooooooop Secret Wars #1 was fucking amazing. Actually got goosebumps at the end there.

And... done. Wrapped up the entirety of the Grant Morrison Batman run, and I have to say, it's some brilliant comics. Funny and emotional in all the right measures, threaded together with some clever mysteries throughout. I loved the ways he played with themes, stuff like Talia brushing off the various motifs that comprised Leviathan at the end was brilliant.

Now for Doom Patrol. Probably going to start that tomorrow.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Regarding this, Image isn't rehiring him, right? My understanding is the only contract between the writer/artist and Image would be regarding publishing. I'd guess Image might help facilitate some convention appearances, which would relate to one of his soon-to-be-ex-wife's later points. I know there have also been criticisms about Image having published Edmondson's stuff, and about the general creator diversity present in Image's catalogue, but it seems erroneous to treat these situations exactly the same as other publishers when the actual working conditions are fairly different. Unless I'm really misunderstanding how Image works.

Not that this woman should be responsible for knowing the intricacies of the business, nor is any of that my declaring that I like Image being in any form of business with certain individuals, but I've seen things of this nature discussed in various parts of the comics community and it feels like the conversation is often clouded.

For instance, who the hell is this writer who's actively partnering with Upchurch?

For instance, who the hell is this writer who's actively partnering with Upchurch?

That does seem to be the question, considering nothing has been announced yet. Some people are probably rethinking things if there was indeed something being planned.

Hagi

Reading through that where she gives some insight into the abuse she and her children have endured from her husband followed by her raking Bleeding Cool over the coals just to get to the end and all the motherfucker has to say is

I contacted both the author and Roc Upchurch over the weekend for further comment or context, without response. There was also no response from Image Comics.

Because, if true, this would also be the first we’ve heard that Upchurch might be working on a new project for Image.

holy fucking shit what an asshole

holy fucking shit what an asshole

Exactly. He glosses over the whole thing with the thought of "oh boy oh boy new comic."

Man, I had no idea how far that shit went. Based on what we knew from before, they just said he shoved his wife to the ground when they were out with the kids last Halloween. But some of the things being mentioned now, Jesus Christ.

And... done. Wrapped up the entirety of the Grant Morrison Batman run, and I have to say, it's some brilliant comics. Funny and emotional in all the right measures, threaded together with some clever mysteries throughout. I loved the ways he played with themes, stuff like Talia brushing off the various motifs that comprised Leviathan at the end was brilliant.

Now for Doom Patrol. Probably going to start that tomorrow.

You're going to love it

Hagi

Exactly. He glosses over the whole thing with the thought of "oh boy oh boy new comic."

Man, I had no idea how far that shit went. Based on what we knew from before, they just said he shoved his wife to the ground when they were out with the kids last Halloween. But some of the things being mentioned now, Jesus Christ.

Rich is just a piece of shit tabloid journalist.

Last I had read he had pushed her down some stairs or something but uh yeah if any of what she posts in that blog is true it sounds like there was something a hell of a lot more sinister going in their home than that.

List

Detective Comics #46
Atomic Robo & the Ring of Fire #3 of 5
Lazarus #20
Paper Girls #2
Extrordinary X-Men #1 (Looking forward to starting a new X-Men series. Hope it's good. From what I've heard, Lemire is hit or miss on cape books)
Hercules #1 (The preview looks great, and I've had an affinity for the character since watching the cartoon as a little kid.)

The last Lazarus comic I read was probably issue 6 or 7. Can anyone who is still reading it tell me how it's going as far as how they are enjoying it and how they rate the overall quality?

Every damn Squirrel Girl thread devolves into the same few posts. Sometimes I feel people just want the "realism" and "accuracy" of Greg Land.

I started Alias yesterday. About halfway through it. Reading the
Spider-Woman
case now. Jessica flipped out because
Madame Web read her mind.
It's some pretty heavy shit. It's good how much variety there is in the paneling, since the book is incredibly dialogue heavy and as a result the characters don't change position/expression much.

Damn. Really enjoying this. It's not one of my favorites yet, but it's really really good. I think Bendis' DD run takes the cake for street level Marvel still.

Messi

your first Wonder Woman went back to the hell dimension it was spawned from?

I love that statue but a friend broke it twice. The front name panel is snapped in two and her chains are broken off.

It kills me.

Didn't even offer to help get a new one. Tried to play it off like he didn't break it.

VanWinkle

Man, you guys. Even months after reading it, I still thumb through Justice (Krueger/Ross/Braithwaite) and MARVEL at the astonishing art. I love Ross's art by itself, but Braithwaite absolutely destroyed it on pencils, besting (IMO) Ross's solo artwork.

It honestly is one of my favorite graphic novels I've read since I got into them about six months ago.

Here is one of my favorite spreads from when Captain Marvel had to throw Superman through the sun:

rsz_20151102_221606.jpg

Owzers

Cmx sale on some IDW minis including the Waid/Samnee Rocketeer Cargo of Doom mini.

You should probably buy that.

frye

Catching up on Justice League. Good stuff so far! The big showdown between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor in #43 was cool.

yeah! JL has been alternating between utter mediocrity and absolute dogshit every time I've read it/tried to read it for the last 4 years but this Darkseid War stuff is p fun as far as dumb superhero comics go

Top Bottom