• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Sandfox

So in this week's Uncanny Avengers
Johnny inherits 5 billion dollars, possibly to set up Two in One, the team decides to rebuild Avengers Mansion, and Beast is trying to redeem himself for all bad stuff he has done lately. He even acknowledged that how bad the things he did during IvX and SE.
We also, get some nice bro moments between Beast and Wonder Man as well, both personal and action.

I liked this issue and what Zub has decided to do for Legacy.

Messi

Palmiotti and Conner are leaving Harley Quinn in December with issue 34

giphy.webp

Messi

Frank Tieri and Inaki Miranda are the new team on Harley. Amanda Conner is staying on covers. I wish it was Dini :(

I wonder whats next for John Timms and Chad Hardin?

Timms would have been perfect for Teen Titans.

I can't see that gif, so I assume you're breaking out the champagne glasses.

The opposite.

Sandfox

I really liked the second issue of Runaways. It did a pretty good job of touching on what happened to everyone after the last run and the ending has me wanting the next issue now.

Sandfox

Iron Fists had a good ending, but it's weird how
Pei sticks around with Danny in the end unless she will be showing up in his solo or something.

So they say they're thinking about it but it's in the early stages at NYCC and announce it 3 days later.

It hasn't been announced yet and Alonso said "You'll see it soon" when the fan asked him about it.

Bartel on interiors? interesting... interesting...
White Knight is pretty good?
If you're asking, no no it's not
Michael Fiffe doing Bloodstrike.
Nice!

Lol that Liefeld's own Bloodstrike issue is barely on like, #3 or 4. It started like 2 and a half years ago!
Speaking of Bloodstrike, is the Youngblood reboot any good? I liked Chad Bowers' work on X-Men 92.
to quote Eazy-E as recalled by Rob Liefeld: I'm lovin' me some Youngblood, bro. Jim Towe has this thing with faces with female characters but otherwise is doing great work. I like the way they modernize superheroes in it, and the villains are Silicon Valley tech bros, which I appreciate

Palmiotti and Conner are leaving Harley Quinn in December with issue 34
Good for them. They seemed very happy with their work and it definitely became a big success for DC. Hopefully we see them on something else soon. Would love to have Conner on interiors again too.

VeeP

Man, the Bat family comics were great today.

Metal #3 -
I loved that small scene with Damian & Clark, and Damian punching Dick lol. Overall, the issue was just crazy. Metal is the best event this year so far, so good.

Red Hood & The Outlaws -
Listening to Jason talk shit to Batwing & Batwoman was great. Overall the book has been great, Lobdell's done a great job.
Detective Comics -
I wasn't a fan of the Spoiler arc. But the Tim Drake/Oz/Future Tim arc has been a must read. Tynion is straight up killing it, and the art is (mostly) gorgeous. Future Tim killed Damian in his own timeline, and now he's going after Batwoman in the present timeline. I wonder if Future's End Tim will show up? And hopefully we get Conner pulling a Wally West and coming back into this timeline.

Sandfox

Am I the only one who really hates Black Science? A world of infinite possibilities and Remender hardly touches it.

I was bored by it at first, but once the hardcover was out I sat down and read through it all again and thought it was wonderful. It may depend on how you read it, because some books read better in trade formats. The more you can binge at once, the better you can digest it. Especially books that are heavy on the science stuff.

Top Bottom