• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

That's never coming

Kelly Thompson is on America or at least competent writing and she's decent at least competent

Maybe it's readable tempted to read it out of curiosity i deserve the suffering and curiosity

She was on it for two issues. Idk, it still wasn't my thing.

I am merely a man, not a posting bot

Honestly I don't post as much because I don't write up little reviews for every issue I read. I felt obligated to do that, which felt like a chore, which made me not want to read comics. It was the same thing when I used to do trade reviews. "Took me 45 minutes to read the trade. Time to spend an hour and 15 writing up the review."
It will be when IDW gets the Pooh license.

"This is where my parents died, Roo"

If only Vampire Jubilee could see her former boyfriend, Tim Drake.
When it comes to girlfriends Tim is really unlucky.

And according to her she wasn’t even on it that much. They just asked her a few questions and then did the book. She was surprised when she saw her own name when picking the issues up later IIRC.

Order of things.

Exiles sale on CMX.

Don't look up America or the writer on youtube. It's a minefield of alt-right comic readers roasting the book.
Of course there are. I dislike the book because it's a bad book. They dislike it because they are intrinsic shitbirds designated to be miserable forever as they wallow in their own filth.

Like, there are better books with racial, sexual, and gender leads within both DC and Marvel. Not a lot, true, but there are better books. I just got done reading the most recent Batwoman issue, and bow howdy is it leagues better than any issue of America (and my favorite issue of the book so far).

Iceman is a book that's leagues better than America, and it's just okay.

I'm weak.

I make a sizeable order, then afterwards it pops up "These items from your Wishlist are currently on sale!"....well, if you insist...

so it's Marvel Vs. Capcom except with none of the wild spectacle and none of the characters people like

yeah that's a good-ass pitch

You forgot terrible character models and animations. I might have bought it if I didn't want to throw up after watching every single gameplay video.

The demo was so bad I'm trying to forget I ever played it.

Messi

She was never on America

I can't believe Marvel got away with that bullshit. She made it real clear when I asked her that she wrote nothing on the book. Low and behold she is listed as a archery consultant inside the book but they used her name on the cover like she was a writer. It's bullshit and made her look bad.

Is the original six issue Fury MAX run just not available digitally? Wanted to read it before My War Gone By but can't seem to find it anywhere.

so it's Marvel Vs. Capcom except with none of the wild spectacle and none of the characters people like

yeah that's a good-ass pitch
The spectacle is still there if you watched the tournament this weekend. Ghostrider was moppin up the competition, which was unheard of in 3.
She was never on America

I can't believe Marvel got away with that bullshit. She made it real clear when I asked her that she wrote nothing on the book. Low and behold she is listed as a archery consultant inside the book but they used her name on the cover like she was a writer. It's bullshit and made her look bad.
Comics for a long time had a real problem with giving credit to people. I guess you can see this as Marvel or the main writer overcompensating just so everyone gets a shoutout.

Messi

The spectacle is still there if you watched the tournament this weekend. Ghostrider was for awhile moppin up the competition, which was unheard of in 3.

Comics for a long time had a real problem with giving credit to people. I guess you can see this as Marvel or the main writer overcompensating just so everyone gets a shoutout.

Or you could see it as Marvel trying to use the goodwill Kelly has built up to get people to try America...

caliph95

Kelly Thompson was responsible for The Jem comic which everyone that read it loved

And I liked her A-Force and thought Hawkeye was fine

Messi

Kelly Thompson was responsible for The Jem comic which everyone that read it loved

And I liked her A-Force and thought Hawkeye was fine

Hawkeye is legitimately great. The generations issue in particular was great fun. Fantastic art in the main series.

First issue of Captain Phasma is also great.

caliph95

Hawkeye is legitimately great. The generations issue in particular was great fun. Fantastic art in the main series.

First issue of Captain Phasma is also great.
I should pick up Phasma and Hawkeye

The Phasma novel is decent so far so might as well

Ross61

People that wanna support Gabby. It's also one of only two books with a LGBT lead.
Yeah, they cancel this and they’re getting a lot of shit. But then again they put themselves in that position. There a plenty of women that could represent America in comics that actually have a background in comics but Marvel keeps going out of comics for important books.

Crappy books like this are going to set LGBT books back years.
They already have a stigma attached and putting out books like this does more harm than good.

It's the best they could do. But Idk too many LGBT writers that could have probably wrote the book better.

mreddie

Angela was 100x better than America but they axed the book and gave Bennett nothing so she dipped, gives DC a bonfide hit and gets Batwoman.

The ultimate payback.

Meanwhile, Thompson still ain't exclusive yet.

Top Bottom