• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

mreddie

I suddenly want to finish the OT now. Fucking hell, Mahvoo actually did it, they actually wants to kiss the ass of the old comic fan.

SPOILERS for Legacy.

Logan
is back.

YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

giphy.gif

caliph95

I swear to god I would hear comic nerds complain that this person has no solo books worth reading, and now all of a sudden they want a solo book?
He doesn't even has a purpose alive when there are three characters that basically fill his shoes

He literally has more purpose dead than alive
Cyclops for a example has some potential storyline for him
Wolverine has nothing but marketability

ElNarez

Banned
the fucked up thing is that
bringing Wolverine back
reads as a desperate stunt, meanwhile Rebirth
bringing Wally West back
(which I am spoiling in case you don't want to see what it compares to), read as a statement of intent for the direction of the DC Universe

I guess, to put it in another way,
the Rebirth one-shot was all about the return of Wally and what it meant, and the return of Wolverine feels like an incidental thing, which, regardless of how you feel about Logan, just isn't right

He doesn't even has a purpose alive when there are three characters that basically fill his shoes

He literally has more purpose dead than alive
Cyclops for a example has some potential storyline for him
Wolverine has nothing but marketability

He works well with teams but his solo offerings
, maybe outside of
Millar's run
, have been lackluster for decades.

bringing Wolverine back
bringing Wally West back
(which I am spoiling in case you don't want to see what it compares to), read as a statement of intent for the direction of the DC Universe

the Rebirth one-shot was all about the return of Wally and what it meant, and the return of Wolverine feels like an incidental thing, which, regardless of how you feel about Logan, just isn't right

It does feel a bit like they're missing the forest for the trees, indeed.

The Marvel equivalent of Wally West's return, to me, would be the Fantastic Four coming back but even if there's some "rug from under your feet" twist, it feels a little hollow. It'd be like if Wally came back at the end of Doomsday Clock and not Rebirth.

Gonna have to re-read Rebirth because that Wally page was glorious

jackdoe

So, based on those Legacy spoilers, what are the odds of
Logan and Jean bumping uglies in a couple of months?
In my mind, that is one of the largest reasons for this happening.

Sandfox

So, based on those Legacy spoilers, what are the odds of
Logan and Jean bumping uglies in a couple of months?
In my mind, that is one of the largest reasons for this happening.

We don't really know how much interaction they will have in the short term.

I'm extremely grateful for that, because Tim Drake really is my favorite character.
My man
bringing Wolverine back
bringing Wally West back

Here's my thing:
If they wanted to bring back characters to the Marvel universe that have a massive impact, the Richards' family and OG Jean Grey would be the big ones. Not simply from a character standpoint, but from an actual universal storyline point of view as well. I'm not exactly a fan of Jean, but at least I can admit that it's a big deal and I'm not against it.

I am actively against Logan. There is no benefit to him coming back. Zero. We have five Wolverines running around, all of whom do a pretty fantastic job of being unique to themselves and even giving us different aspects of OG Logan. Laura is the living weapon; Jimmy has the mysterious past; Old Man is the old war veteran; Daken is the raging animal (though not as much anymore). Then you have Gabby who is just Gabby. Like, nothing is benefitted by bringing him back. Unless there's a Wolverines team book coming, but jesus christ do I have zero interest in that.

I'll parrot what you said: Bring back Cyclops because he was done raw in Death of X you fuckers.

caliph95

So the villains of DC big event is the Justice League of evil Batman

Fitting really and shouldn't be surprised

I guess will save them from the Batmen

Vic_Viper

SPOILERS for Legacy.

Logan
is back.

YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Is there anywhere to see this? Any stories or images?

If true this is fucking awesome lol. Marvel is totally redeemed if Jean and this person are really back. Can I have my paychecks sent directly to Marvel?

Edit: found the story on Comicbook.com

Yup

Like, that's the first news to make me angry today.

What the fuck is wrong with that dude?!?!?

Was he raised in a fucking barn that projected new movies on the side of the barn?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK, SOU DA.

REJECT SOU DA POLICIES.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSPERSON.

VOTE NO ON SOU DA.

SPOILER.

SPOIIIILER.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What the fuck is wrong with that dude?!?!?

Was he raised in a fucking barn that projected new movies on the side of the barn?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK, SOU DA.

REJECT SOU DA POLICIES.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSPERSON.

VOTE NO ON SOU DA.

SPOILER.

SPOIIIILER.

At the time he posted that nobody was using spoiler tags. He probably thought it was fair game.

Top Bottom