• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Out On Top (An Adult Gay Dating Sim) |OT| I'm gay, high five!

Mr_Zombie

But I only see the cropped (upper body) version there. :(
Is there also an uncensored full body shot? I saw censored one on Gregory's twitter.

The guy is really talented.

Looks just as cringeworthy as the straight equivalent so I guess it s cool.
What is the "straight equivalent"? I'm not aware of any straight English dating sims done in this style.

You could always give it a try before you knock it too, there's a free demo.

But I only see the cropped (upper body) version there. :(
Is there also an uncensored full body shot? I saw censored one on Gregory's twitter.

The guy is really talented.
That's all there is at the moment. But I'm sure the full version will be revealed soon.

ika

Just finished Ian path, I guess I'll try Brad's or Jed's now... ^^ Those are my current favorites. Great game, but somewhat short. I hope Obscura works in more stories or new characters in the future! I'll gladly pay for it!

flowsnake

Just finished Ian path, I guess I'll try Brad's or Jed's now... ^^ Those are my current favorites. Great game, but somewhat short. I hope Obscura works in more stories or new characters in the future! I'll gladly pay for it!

New stuff will come in updates.

r6dJRG9.png

Replicant

Damn @ that Brad fanart. Obscurasoft should consider employing him /her for the next project. Or for the upcoming "Brad and Mark sex romp post college" DLC.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't even know if I should tell you since you haven't played the game yet. :p
Google rum locker tumblr, it's on the artist's page. Def NSFW. Go play the game.
You can't be mean to people who aren't going to play the game!

Interesting.

That chest.

Replicant

Banana isn't exactly my favorite fruit. But I'd be more willing to choke on Brad's.

Whaddya mean he's a fictional character?!

Note: Both links are NSFW.

We gotta make sure we're careful what we link to. Everybody has done a great job so far, but we got to keep it up. Higher standards and all that. :)

IvorB

Try again! One thing I like about this game is that the "right" choices aren't easily identifiable. Each guy has a specific set of rules (for lack of a better term) that you need to follow.

But now you've seen all the dudes, this time focus on one and really pay attention to their personality and what does and does not work with them.

Yeah I guess I will. Though I'm not even sure where I went wrong. I thought things were going well with Ian but I guess not. He mentioned about going to some party with him but nothing was said about it again. I'll give it another bash and see what happens. I didn't know dating sims were supposed to be hard. Should have just got Dragon Age ha ha!

Yeah I guess I will. Though I'm not even sure where I went wrong. I thought things were going well with Ian but I guess not. He mentioned about going to some party with him but nothing was said about it again. I'll give it another bash and see what happens. I didn't know dating sims were supposed to be hard. Should have just got Dragon Age ha ha!
There is a walkthrough if you need/want it. If so just tell me and I'll send you the link.

Newest version of the game is out with all the bug fixes. Use your emailed purchase download links as per usual. (Your old saves from the last version should work with this version apparently.)

Yes. Like Mark realizes he is bisexual and has feelings for Penny. I dunno. I'm gay myself, but I wouldn't mind romancing Penny.
Well, you could always email Obscura and tell her your suggestion. But again, I don't really think it's in the cards for this specific game.

EulaCapra

From Obscura's Twitter:
Just an FYI, the "secret relationship" involves a character you haven't seen before. Super excited about him already. :D

Well, that puts the kibosh on Penny...and Beau. I wonder if this new character was mentioned in passing dialogue.

DOWN

Banned
I downloaded the demo and turned on the beards and picked every option that made it gayer,
like coming out, going to the gay bar, and giving out the phone number.

I downloaded the demo and turned on the beards and picked every option that made it gayer,
like coming out, going to the gay bar, and giving out the phone number.
You haven't even scratched the gay surface. I hope you enjoy it.

Love your new av BTW. <3

Have been playing this since yesterday and its really quite good. Some off its really funny too!

Although, ive some . . .weird things about the goldfish, is that actually a thing?

So I'm trying to get all the CGs I'm missing for certain guys now, and I can't seem to unlock Jed's new romantic ending. Anyone know what I should be looking for?
I've heard you need to give him the pep talk instead of going into the bathroom stall, but I tried that and got nothing.

I'm missing 2 of his CGs, the third one in the second row
Mark and Jed kissing
, and the second one on the third row.
I think that's Jed's new ending.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
So I'm trying to get all the CGs I'm missing for certain guys now, and I can't seem to unlock Jed's new romantic ending. Anyone know what I should be looking for?
I've heard you need to give him the pep talk instead of going into the bathroom stall, but I tried that and got nothing.

I'm missing 2 of his CGs, the third one in the second row
Mark and Jed kissing
, and the second one on the third row.
I think that's Jed's new ending.

You also have to go to 8th Presbyterian now instead of 7th Day Adventist.

You also have to go to 8th Presbyterian now instead of 7th Day Adventist.
I did that too. I'm pretty sure I did everything you're supposed too.
Visit him in his apartment and "participate", join the mosh pit, do the "thing" on the fire escape, strip at the second concert, stand up to Vince, deliver the money, say you trust Jed, drive out to the broken van, go to the right church, convince the band not to kick out Jed, give him a pep talk instead of going into the stall. (Edit: You actually have to do both!)

Edit: Got it! Obscura helped me out. Near the end you have to
give him the pep talk AND go into the bathroom stall to get the kiss CG and his new INCREDIBLY SEXY & SWEET ending.

I finally managed to get this game! Oh, it's so cute and
spicy sex
at the same time, I love it!

By the way, I'm... having problems with getting some CG scenes, so I'd like to ask if anyone can lend me a hand:

- Jed: Third row, first one

- Phil: First row, first one AND last one (the one in the third row)

I'm getting the rest of 'em quite nicely, and
Slurpy ending is one of the best things to happen to VN since Kenji's bad end.

I finally managed to get this game! Oh, it's so cute and
spicy sex
at the same time, I love it!

By the way, I'm... having problems with getting some CG scenes, so I'd like to ask if anyone can lend me a hand:

- Jed: Third row, first one

- Phil: First row, first one AND last one (the one in the third row)

I'm getting the rest of 'em quite nicely, and
Slurpy ending is one of the best things to happen to VN since Kenji's bad end.
Jed -
When you're in the bathroom with him, don't give him the pep talk. Just kiss him immediately and go into the bathroom stall. This is Jed's old good ending.

Phil -
To get the first CG you need to beat Phil in the swimming race. I don't remember the exact choices, but they are pretty easy to figure out IIRC. The last one is Phil's good ending. You can't give him the blowjob in the car, and you have to keep him from fighting the two army guys.

red13th

RumzRumz's Alex, WHOA. I didn't care about Alex until I saw that fanart.
Why isn't RumzRumz hired for a Director's Cut yet? :/

RumzRumz's Alex, WHOA. I didn't care about Alex until I saw that fanart.
Why isn't RumzRumz hired for a Director's Cut yet? :/
Yeah, that piece is amazing. I can't wait to see the whole thing. Alex was my initial fav, and I still really like him so I love to see such amazing fanart. I hope he does a full body portrait for each guy. His artwork blows me away.

I don't know if Obscura would change CG artists for COOT, but I could definitely see them working together on a future project/expansion. That would be a dream come true.

Worth buying now or should I wait for the big update and see if there's a price promotion then?

It was a bit cheaper at launch wasn't it? ($18.99 now)

Got around to playing this for the first time this morning. I really enjoyed what I've played so far.

Choosing answers without trying to get a certain path ended up with a single/friendship ending. I'll try to go for Ian on my next playthrough, I think.

Can anyone recommend me any games similar to this? They don't have to be VNs or as smutty as this, I just can't think of really any LGBT focused games at all.

Top Bottom