• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015ksla.jpg

Just fantastic.

I am more impressed by the graphics in The Last of Us and GTA V than in
next-gen Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, and Killzone SF to be honest.

Naughty Dog and Rockstar really got the fine aesthetic details down better.

LOL are you really comparing GTA 5's muddy graphics to KZSF and next gen AC4?

The game looks okay on current gen, but looks like shit compared to anything next gen. (possibly barring Cod: Ghosts).

X-Factor

Items in the environments are more interesting to look at in The Last of Us and GTA 5 than in AC4 or KZ Shadowfall.
I own KZ Shadowfall and posted images about 10 pages ago.

Not all of it has to do with lighting, but colours and the visual style makes a big difference too in how pleasing or impressive it is to the eyes.

The game looks okay on current gen, but looks like shit compared to anything next gen. (possibly barring Cod: Ghosts).

Something like this (from the Last of Us) is more visually interesting, with things going on in the background than space platforms,
and open field environments with little else present in the surroundings. Driving, or flying over GTA V's city at night is more impressive to me
than anything I've seen out of AC IV.

7339374452_079484b265_b.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I know I keep praising it, but I really can't get over how fantastic Super Mario 3D World looks.

It's not technically a showstopper but has that great art. Imagine if it had some decent AA. Aesthetically pleasing despite the visual flaws.

It's not technically a showstopper but has that great art. Imagine if it had some decent AA. Aesthetically pleasing despite the visual flaws.

I dunno
I play it on a brandnew 46" LED TV at 1080p and it's one of the few WiiU games which doesn't suffer from heavy aliasing.
The image quality is surpreme through and through (like Wind Waker).
only screenshots show jaggies. The aliasing must be masked by the artstyle or something.

also WOW at the pikmin 3 shot above. amazing

Quick question to those capturing from Elgato Game Capture HD...do you guys have your own capture settings? Or is everything at default? I used to have saturation at 20 (some of my early shots in this thread) but lately have it at the default 0 for everything and am just wondering what other Elgato users have

Grinchy

Banned
Killzone Shadow Fall - Vents and Echo Edition

ventsf4sha.jpg

echo2lys05.jpg

echod6sul.jpg

The character models in this game are pretty insane. And I love that reflective material used for the vents. The awful compression on these shots is such a shame, you should see the vents in person lol

chadboban

Ah man, I've never played this game before and and I'm playing right now, and I know that that guy is the main bad guy. :-( Wish there wasn't end-game or near end-game spoilers on games that are only a few months old.

Well technically it's 10 years old but I completely understand where you're coming from, we really should try to keep the thread spoiler free, at the very least when it comes to final encounters. Car games are an exception in this regard.

VanWinkle

Well technically it's 10 years old but I completely understand where you're coming from, we really should try to keep the thread spoiler free, at the very least when it comes to final encounters. Car games are an exception in this regard.

Yeah, but with a big re-release, and with it coming so long after the original, there's a whole new group of people experiencing it for the first time. I wasn't too young or anything; I just didn't own a GameCube except for maybe a couple months back then before I sold it. It didn't interest me at the time. Since then my tastes have broadened immensely.

chadboban

Yeah, but with a big re-release, and with it coming so long after the original, there's a whole new group of people experiencing it for the first time. I wasn't too young or anything; I just didn't own a GameCube except for maybe a couple months back then before I sold it. It didn't interest me at the time. Since then my tastes have broadened immensely.

Yeah, that's why I said I completely understand where you're coming from. Have a friend who's going through the game for the first time as well. He's really enjoying it.

spoonman

Banned

OK, I've just finished looking at EVERY picture on this thread. All 100 pages. Great stuff!

Here's my breakdown so far:

Killzone Shadow Fall Amazing architecture, nice material rendering.. especially the bubble wrap and those pebbles are awesome!. The part Helgast chick is kind of cute. :)

Super Mario 3D World Looks like great fun. Nintendo should just post a link to this thread for people who don't think the Wii U is a capable machine. Every time I see screen shots on here I want to play it. That golden train! Woo woo!

Ryse Very nice looking human rendering. Nice gore.. Looks next gen.

Forza Some of the "show room" car renders look very nice. The crowd made me laugh. I'd like to see more of that.

Zelda WW HD Beautiful. Nintendo really did a nice job of bringing this up to date. Luckily Cel shading scales up very well.

Dead Rising Meh... This doesn't impress me, but hey, it may still be fun to play. Graphics aren't everything.. No wait, yes they are, in this thread anyway.

Oh and getting back to the quote in this reply. I do think The Last of Us and GTA V have more style than most of the next gen stuff. I think once GTA V makes it over to the next gen category it will blow people away. I am still in awe of it while playing. So much that I haven't even bothered to open my PS4 or Wii U yet. The game in 1080p with a smother frame rate and some AA will look like a dream!

PS: I'd like to see more objects in Pikmin 3. I love the rendered fruit. :)

Grinchy

Banned
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (DEMO) - PS4

I was actually kinda shocked by how good the game looks. It's very clean, and the likeness of the characters is spot on. I love the way they animated each character too. I've never played a LEGO game before, but I might buy this one.

legomarvel18rsiu.jpg

legomarvel2txs2l.jpg

legomarvel3miszt.jpg

Top Bottom