• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contes de mon Ass – People who want to whine about ACU do so ITT for no reason

DieH@rd

Banned

ibmHkbFOmvObGE.gif

Holy shit, does no-one at Ubisoft know how to a game? At least spend some money on programmers who are good at their job(ie. code to the metal). This is what happens when you found a company solely for the purpose of profit.

Matush

Already sold the game, glad I didn't wait with my playthrough after the patch. It this is true, damn, Ubi, damn. I hope FC4 which I bought today is better, a lot better.

ekim

We should calm down until someone who really played the game before and after the patch can confirm any changes.

JP

Not saying it hasn't happened (don't own the game) but I do wonder why the people who took the screen shots didn't try and take identical shots to give a better comparison. They look more like a direct capture on the PS4 being compared top a capture via a capture card to me.

Again, not saying it hasn't happened but they really aren't the best shots to use. It does get people clicking on their site though.

Endo Punk

Ubisoft are despicable. Instead of removing some of the brain-dead NPC's they go and do this. They really don't want to admit that they were wrong about having so many stupid npc's on screen. I really hope gamers don't have memories of a goldfish regarding this issue when Ubisoft rolls out their 2015 games, they're are making Acti and EA look like saints in comparison.

I wish they didn't stitch the screenshots to be side by side. Quickest way to tell is to blink back and forth between the images, pre and post patch... this makes it a pain.

Well, technically they said, they improved framerate on PS4 by reducing the server request priority and not that they toned down effects in order to achieve it. Sneaky Unisoft.
That makes less sense, what does servers have to do with the single player? I'm out of the loop on whether this is an online game or not.

This is outrageous.

A company remotely decreasing the quality of a product after you've purchased it? In what looks like a brute-force 'turn some heavy shit off' attempt to rectify performance issues that should have been non-existent in the base game upon release in the first place?

This is some hilarious damage control. This is fucking dark comedy.

At least the infamous Dark Souls 2 lighting downgrades were made before its release.

So glad I beat this and traded it in. I was feeling some pangs of regret with the talk of a patch, but it seems it's less of a fix and more of a compromise.

Seanspeed

Banned
Were these areas FPS black holes before? Because if they weren't it would seem to be an error rather than deliberate.
If they changed the global lighting system for the whole game, it would have impacts basically everywhere. It would just be most noticeable in places like this.

Unless there's something else going on.

Bigger question is - has performance actually improved significantly? It was always questionable whether the game was actually unoptimized or simply trying to do too much.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm wondering: is the lighting in interiors changing depending on the day of the time? Is there a day and night cycle?

I can't believe this downgrade to be really true.

There is no day and night cycle.

Seiniyta

This isn't optimizing the code to make everything perform better...it's simply lowering the setting and passing that off as a patch. (though I assume the latest patch also includes proper bugfixes I hope?)

I don't believe the PS4 can't handle those graphics on screen, if I had to make a guess is that the engine wasn't really made for indoor-outdoor enviroments at the same time, or in limited amounts. And when you're inside, the outside is still rendered, and vica-versa. That would explain the poor performance inside.

by removing light effects in indoor enviroments they hope to reduce framedrops throughout the open world.

Pillville

For starters, we can confirm – after witnessing with our own eyes – some really broken reflections. After upgrading the game to the latest version in PS4, there were some flickering reflections in Arno’s house. Not only that, but those reflections seemed of a lower quality than those we enjoyed before patching the game.

Reflections or Shadows?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow.

Requires more pictures, especially during day-time and with wide views .. did they cut off the general draw distance ? reduce NPC count ? need academic evidence !

What...is happening? This has to be a glitch right? I won't react emotionally.

I won't.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

flkraven

After Assassin's Creed 3 and the annualization of the series I never thought I'd say this, but Ubisoft has done more damage to the AC brand over the last few weeks than I could have ever imagined.

Elios83

I haven't noticed any downgrade honestly and it would be really weird, this patch doesn't improve the frame rate at all, just those specific issues where frame rate dropped to 2-3 fps like the section in Sainte Chappelle when you climb on the colored glass, have been fixed.

Tobor

They could have avoided this whole mess by porting Rogue to next gen and giving Unity another year.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Subscribed.

Wow. That sure doesn't look like a bug to me. It seems like they removed a LOT of the light probes from the scene. Can anyone give screenshots on the outside? This would be very interesting.

I'm really staring to think that these consoles are just too weak for these next-gen games. Too many features are being pulled back. I saw the DF article on Lords of the Fallen last night and they pulled back a LOT compared to the PC version and STILL getting shitty framerates.

This isn't optimizing the code to make everything perform better...it's simply lowering the setting and passing that off as a patch. (though I assume the latest patch also includes proper bugfixes I hope?)

technically optimization is often of the turn things off variety and find something to mask the ugliness that results.

You can't completely blame it on next gen CPU's when the PC version is suffering to.

Ubisoft done Ubisoft.

you can play at 60fps with a newer core i7 or an oc'd 2500k or 2600k when paired with a 680, a 780ti, or a 970. now, run it with amd cpus and gpus tou run into problems cause even amds desktop stuff still pales in comparison to intel or nvidias best or even mid range solutions.

Top Bottom