• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contes de mon Ass – People who want to whine about ACU do so ITT for no reason

glaurung

Seriously!?

I haven't booted the game up after this last update, but this shit would be intolerable.

In other words - they've attempted to salvage the situation of the crap frame rate by lowering effects AND yet the game's frame rate is still in the toilet?

How can you fuck up so thoroughly, Ubi?

Endo Punk

This is what happens when you go and brute force the hardware. Ubisoft should know better being a console developer. Now they are paying for it.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Can't deny they are tenacious, though.

who is that cute guy ?

Jack cw

That makes less sense, what does servers have to do with the single player? I'm out of the loop on whether this is an online game or not.

Unitys framerate was a tad bit better when internet connection is turned out. In their fix report was nothing about downgradaton of visuals and effects.

Delstius

Am I a bad person if I find that hilarious ?
Ubisoft never ceases to amaze me, they always have their own unique and kind of unexpected way to fuck things up even more everytime, it's stunning.

_Ryo_

Is the patch mandatory? If so they should be sued for false advertisement. It's not the product they claim it is.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am 200% positive there were broken reflections in the house before the patch as well. It almost gave me a seizure. The game still runs like poo so I doubt they did anything major.

mjontrix

Ubisoft should use about $750k they made from sales and hire 3-4 senior graphic engineers and someone who's a master of amd cpus and fix this shit up!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am 200% positive there were broken reflections in the house before the patch as well. It almost gave me a seizure. The game still runs like poo so I doubt they did anything major.

Welp.

tmarg

If that's what it takes to get an actually functional game, it's probably the right call.

Please don't downgrade my PC version Ubisoft. Just let my FPS as they are.

The great thing about PC gaming is that you can make that decision for yourself. There is no need for Ubi to do it.

red731

So ya'll expected to get a better frame rate without any compromise? ok....

Well you should propably check the thread with Wolf 3D port, you get your answers there.
That guy optimized a game on a old ass system.

Ubisoft is turning rendered elements to release some steam, where they should instead be optimising them.

Seiniyta

technically optimization is often of the turn things off variety and find something to mask the ugliness that results.

Usually when done properly you shouldn't really see it though, in most games it doesn't really show when they optimize games. This is more akin more cutting off a mutated leg instead of curing it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
In the end what else could they do if the game was too demanding for PS4? Also on PC it takes a lot to get great visuals and good performance. They couldn't have downloaded other processors and video cards, so what would have been really the option here?

Kezen

Banned
The great thing about PC gaming is that you can make that decision for yourself. There is no need for Ubi to do it.
I hope they're not even remotely thinking about doing that on PC.
Unity runs fine on my PC, as you said if I wanted better framerates I'd simply tone down visuals.

It is amazing that they have surpassed the jankiness of AC 1...I kind of wish this was the end of the series, since it has gotten so ridiculously convoluted, but i am sure it will tank on.

BigDug13

technically optimization is often of the turn things off variety and find something to mask the ugliness that results.

you can play at 60fps with a newer core i7 or an oc'd 2500k or 2600k when paired with a 680, a 780ti, or a 970. now, run it with amd cpus and gpus tou run into problems cause even amds desktop stuff still pales in comparison to intel or nvidias best or even mid range solutions.

Yet another indication that this game was severely rushed. They end up releasing a dev build that hasn't even gone through the optimization phase to downgrade stuff for framerate smoothing. Then they proceed to finish the final dev stages of the game post release, including those graphical downgrades. Really pathetic way to push the game out on time instead of just delaying it. Way to fuck your customers.

Top Bottom