• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra 4: Release date, box cover art

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Nice cover, only thing that bothers me is the logo...it's too similar to the background, makes it look like "ontra". :p

Swordian

Firestorm said:
GameCrazy is giving a free 20th Anniversary Pack with pre-orders in the USA. Might be similar to that awesome Castlevania one?

No, they aren't. There is no pre-order bonus.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
FUCK YEAH

BEST COVER EVER

Do you see this shit IGA? This is how you treat an '80s action game. We need a Castlevania-revival just like this. No man-ladies or animu, just barbarians throwing axes into faces and eating haunches of bloody meat.

Tom_Cody

Approved.jpg

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Wait, in the Marketing Calendar is shows something coming to DS Download Stations starting in September. Demo or video? Somebody look into this.

Scenester

damn another must own DS game, funny I was just thinking about this game yesterday, now we have a release date. Sweet! Im looking forward to having my cock completely rocked by the soundtrack

Scenester

FUCK YEAH

BEST COVER EVER

Do you see this shit IGA? This is how you treat an '80s action game. We need a Castlevania-revival just like this. No man-ladies or animu, just barbarians throwing axes into faces and eating haunches of bloody meat.

even just going back to Kojima art would be good enough, but your idea is pretty cool!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Joe Molotov said:
I heard Floyd Landis looked at this boxart right before the Tour de France, and that's why he tested positive for high levels of testosterone.

You sir, won the thread.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Get your girly, anime lady avatar ass out of this topic. The men are talking.

The fact that it's drawn poorly, the composition is kinda lame, and the color scheme (all browns and reds) doesn't make this cover art any better. I'm sure the game is going to be awesome, but speaking on the cover art - yeah it kinda sucks. The older one was better, and a tad bit more retro too. Plus it has more fucking muscle and more fucking guns, and a black guy in the background who is probably going to get eaten. So shut the fuck up.

Extollere said:
The fact that it's drawn poorly, the composition is kinda lame, and the color scheme (all browns and reds) doesn't make this cover art any better. I'm sure the game is going to be awesome, but speaking on the cover art - yeah it kinda sucks. The older one was better, and a tad bit more retro too. Plus it has more fucking muscle and more fucking guns, and a black guy in the background who is probably going to get eaten. So shut the fuck up.
Too kawaii for you? :(

You know, this has me thinking...

This is exactly what Rare should be doing with the DKC franchise on portables: A FUCKING NEW GAME!! DKC4. Come on!

Still, in the meanwhile, Contra 4 will own my soul!

I'm not sure how this one will turn out... but looking at videos, you'd never guess that this was farmed out to a Western developer, rather than being done in-house. That's pretty impressive.

Scenester

ForzaItalia said:
Damn...looks like I might be buying it now...

FU GAF for always keeping me updated....

God I know, Ive been spending a lot of time here lately as its so slow at the office, as a result Ive been planning to buy heaps more games that I didnt know about

Xeke

Banned
Extollere said:

Your avatar is a girl, by the way. Just sayin...

CONTRA!

I love the skeleton in the flames.

I bet it represents the ass-kicking the player is going to get playing this.

Joe Molotov

Extollere said:
'fraid so : (

needs moar muscle/guns/demons/explosions/color/excitement/ and to be better drawn

Drawing is for sissies. It should just have pictures of topless women laying on muscle cars holding steaks on it. Or Fabio.

Johnas

This game looks to be the ultimate in Contra fan-service.

I have a feeling I'll be smiling the entire time I'm playing this game.

And that boxart wins.

:O The day after Super Mario Galaxy hits? Oh dear.

shuri

Banned
I swear its like you guys werent there back then. The new boxart feels NOTHING like the typical boxart of games of the time (well it does features two guys screaming with guns), but they got the faces all wrong. They should had went with something more similar to the promo posters...

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Joe Molotov said:
Drawing is for sissies.
Hahahaha.....ha tell it to someone like Frank Frazetta. Don't know who Frank Frazetta is?
http://frankfrazetta.org/

Joe Molotov said:
It should just have pictures of topless women laying on muscle cars holding steaks on it.
Ok, I totally agree with you here, that'd do just fine.

Joe Molotov said:
Or Fabio.
Nope, you're off track now...Fabio?

shuri said:
I swear its like you guys werent there back then. The new boxart feels NOTHING like the typical boxart of games of the time (well it does features two guys screaming with guns), but they got the faces all wrong. They should had went with something more similar to the promo posters...
Thank-you. For Contra not only do we need an extremely excellent box-art. We need homage! (but more importantly a fucking awesome game)

Oh and yes my avatar is a girl. Ever play guilty gear? no? then go to hell

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The biggest news for me is the grappling hook! I wonder if it'll be like the bionic commando one! Capcom should follow Konami and make a Bionic Commando DS game.

Top Bottom