• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra 4: Release date, box cover art

Enk

makes good threads.
sphinx said:
NOOOOO!!

First " TheSphinx" and now

images

:( :( :( :(

why is it so hard to have some identity here?

Yeah I know what you mean. I mean the other day I was moseying around the OT Forums and there it was...a mute Guybrush avatar. Same proportions of the one I made, only standing there like a stuff beloved pet. At least I continue to feed my Guybrush, only now he seems to be loosing his mind a bit from being stuck in that box for so damn long.

Anyways, I really like the boxart for Contra 4. They went the extra mile and put that big, red, Fright Night style alien on the cover. Still felt it would've been even more respectable and badass had they gone with the 80's retro look from the Nintendo Power poster, but this is just as good. It screams "We don't give a shit about plot just blow shit up"! Now that's love.

Enk

makes good threads.
I was thinking the style more resembled this poster:
fright_night.jpg

But yours is pretty damn close.

R-User!

Enk said:
I was thinking the style more resembled this poster:
fright_night.jpg

But yours is pretty damn close.

Fright fucking Night....... I forgot ALLLLL about that movie! Literally!

I've seen it but for some reason I don't remember ANYTHING about it...

Looks scary and fun! *getting the heebie jeebies here* :lol

YYZ

don't judge a game by its cover, fuck that, I'm buying it for the cover art :lol

Lawl at the "Unique Selling Points" too, didn't they talk about that on GFW or something?

GreenGlowingGoo said:
The biggest news for me is the grappling hook! I wonder if it'll be like the bionic commando one! Capcom should follow Konami and make a Bionic Commando DS game.

Actually, it's not. It's mainly for getting from the bottom screen to the top screen quickly. There's no swinging around and such like in BC.

Enk

makes good threads.
R-User! said:
Fright fucking Night....... I forgot ALLLLL about that movie! Literally!

I've seen it but for some reason I don't remember ANYTHING about it...

Looks scary and fun! *getting the heebie jeebies here* :lol

Fright Night is an amazing suburban vampire classic. It's unfortuante that their remaking it (turning into vampires at a theme park ride rather than the guy next door). Definitely check it out again if you get a chance as it really holds up well (even with the cheesy 80's retro track). It still has some of the scariest looking vampires ever put on film.

frightnight.jpg

Funny...she also looks like the alien on the cover.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
That looks so awesome, like straight out of an 80's action movie or something. Day one purchase confirmed (as if it already wasn't).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Nice boxart, I just feel sorry they left Arnie, Stallone, Vin Diesel and Wesley Snipes out for Solid Snake and Charlie Sheen. Oh, who am I kidding? Snake pwns all.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Beards definitely help this thing!

Joe Molotov said:
you're joking right? Still think Fabio's manly enough for Contra? The guy's packed with muscle sure but look at his face - he taught zoolander the blue steel. The guy is just a pedicured model. I can't even look at him without seeing a commercial for vidal sassoon. He's no ruffian. whatever floats your boat I guess.

Jirotrom

guys... I just wanted to verify if this is a rumor or not. Will this game also include the original Contra and Super Contra?

sphinx

the piano man
Jirotrom said:
guys... I just wanted to verify if this is a rumor or not. Will this game also include the original Contra and Super Contra?

and I want to verify:

is this wifi enabled? will I be able to play a co-op game with people from all over th world?

Jirotrom

beelzebozo said:
if it includes contra, it better be the nes contra. the arcade version is a bit shit by comparison
apparently it includes the NES version from the start and then super C is unlockable .

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
We know Contra and Super C are in, but I don't think we know which, if either of them, will be unlockable.

duffey

That's part of a binder. The cover is on the second image and without that red bar, so all is well.

If that original Contra/Super C rumor is true, game of the year.

Rezbit

I feel more masculine just being in this thread. That said: NEEDS MORE STATEMENTS TAKING UP THE WHOLE SCREEN IN BIG RED FONT.

Nykad

duffey said:
That's part of a binder. The cover is on the second image and without that red bar, so all is well.

If that original Contra/Super C rumor is true, game of the year.

if this is true im going to die of a nerdgasim.

Top Bottom