• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corey Feldman: Biggest problem in Hollywood is pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunbun777

From Todd Bridges:

"Everyone wants to blame Hollywood when they take a fall,'' Bridges said in an exclusive interview with BV on Books. "When people read my memoir, they will see I'm not blaming Hollywood. I'm taking full responsibility for my actions. Not a lot of people do that. A lot of people spend their lives blaming somebody else. But I will say this: No child should ever endure what I had to go through.''

J-Rod

Sennorin said:
One of the worse posts in this thread. Do you hate innocent people so much as to compare them to psychopaths and murderers? It´s this disgusting attitude that makes me defend pedophiles. They´re such an easy target because of how society has painted them as these ominous, super dangerous monsters that will destroy your children. Such bullshit! I´d almost bet that everyone of us knows someone that is a pedophile, but that person simply never showed it. Why? See the above posting. "Monster! Beast! Burn it alive!" Why is it so hard to accept that those poor souls exist that never chose what they´re attracted to and, knowing themselves that it is wrong, never acted on their urges? I cannot stress enough how sickening these accusations of "all pedophiles are criminals" are, because that´s really exactly the same as saying "Sennorin, you´re a rapist. Why? Because you´re 25, you never had sex and a normal person cannot live without sex. Thus, you are a criminal. I have no evidence for it, but according to what I believe, it has to be the case". Seriously?

And yes, you´re prude if you think it´s wrong to find certain teenage girls hot. There are enough hot young girls and as long as it´s legal, you can even approach them. It´s only bs-morals that could keep you from it. A politician in Germany had to quit his career today because he was in love with a 16-year old girl. That is legal here, but shitty conservatives in his party demanded his end. God, I hate such stuck up bourgeois that cannot accept other people´s happiness. </rant>
I don't believe in thought crimes or policing people's thoughts at all. However, if I did, did not act on it, and couldn't help it, it seems by your logic you should feel just as sorry for me as you do pedos.

Acerac

Banned
J-Rod said:
I don't believe in thought crimes or policing people's thoughts at all. However, if I did, did not act on it, and couldn't help it, it seems by your logic you should feel just as sorry for me as you do pedos.
Are people constantly calling for your death because you have these thoughts? If so, I totally would.

If not, no, nobody feels sorry for you.

daycru

tiff said:
I know I don't remember ever deciding "Hey, I'm going to be attracted to girls between this age range now."
Most people who desire to do horrible shit have something mentally wrong. "Normal" people don't have the capacity to become serial killers. So I kind of feel for weirdos the world over but it doesn't change the fact that I don't want around me.

I'm never surprised to see more evidence that men are genetically programmed to find post-pubescent women sexually attractive. (Because I doubt he means true pedophilia. Probably hebephilia or ephebophilia.) Not that that makes the age disparity okay.

Though pedophilia being rampant in Hollywood wouldn't surprise me at all. Take a town full of people who think they walk on water (because we make them feel that way) and have a ton of cash/power, and things that wouldn't be allowed in normal society will probably happen as everyone else looks the other way.

Acerac

Banned
daycru said:
Most people who desire to do horrible shit have something mentally wrong. "Normal" people don't have the capacity to become serial killers. So I kind of feel for weirdos the world over but it doesn't change the fact that I don't want around me.
That's cool, I don't want them near me either. Nor do I want Nascar fans near me, or many other people who I consider weird.

That being said if they're not harming anyone perhaps we (GAF as a whole) could stop with the unmitigated hate of a group that probably dislikes the fact that they're pedophiles more than any of us do?

Paedofinder general is so good!

Interfectum

Night_Trekker said:
I'm never surprised to see more evidence that men are genetically programmed to find post-pubescent women sexually attractive. (Because I doubt he means true pedophilia. Probably hebephilia or ephebophilia.) Not that that makes the age disparity okay.

Though pedophilia being rampant in Hollywood wouldn't surprise me at all. Take a town full of people who think they walk on water (because we make them feel that way) and have a ton of cash/power, and things that wouldn't be allowed in normal society will probably happen as everyone else looks the other way.

"I don't care who got fucked where and how many times, as long as <insert movie here> is good, we're okay. That's the price for being rich and famous anyway, right?" - average movie goer

X26 said:
I think he's defending pedos who were born with that mentality, but don't act on it in any way

although most would argue no one is ever born a pedo

That's a very interesting debate. Although I personally think it is some kind of environmental factor, or something that happened after they were born.

DanteFox

Morn said:
Kim Kardashian at 14.
qck98.jpg

You're all now pedos.
So what's worse, being attracted to a 14 year old that looks 18, or an 18 year old that looks 14?

Orayn

DanteFox said:
So what's worse, being attracted to a 14 year old that looks 18, or an 18 year old that looks 14?
If you did know their ages, the former is normal, but illegal to act on, while the latter is potentially creepy, but not illegal at all. Pick your poison, I guess.

Acerac said:
That being said if they're not harming anyone perhaps we (GAF as a whole) could stop with the unmitigated hate of a group that probably dislikes the fact that they're pedophiles more than any of us do?
Should we encourage those afflicted to step forward and tell their story so that we might shower them with our support? I just can't picture the "good" ones who don't act on their desire really wanting to step forth and be recognized. As such, I think it's largely understood that, even if the language employed betrays intent, when people talk of pedophiles as loathsome individuals, we're talking about those who act on it implicitly. After all, it's difficult to truly hate an unknown quantity even if we claim to do so in principle.

Novid

Banned
macuser1of5 said:
This is too vague, give us some dirt/info.

Its like this. I rather have a million Power Ranger/Maked Rider series on the air on the kids nets than one more Victorious. Those producers are mad and are very very insecure sexually. Dont get me started.

Novid

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Uncontrollable boner?

No. I actually feel sorry for the kids. There given so many horrible scripts (no really there bad) and the things they do just make your blood boil/freez.

Interfectum said:
"I don't care who got fucked where and how many times, as long as The Dark Knight Rises is good, we're okay. That's the price for being rich and famous anyway, right?" - average movie goer

I think the average movie goer is deeply concerned about the prevalence of "rape-rape" in Hollywood.

Sqorgar

Banned
Sennorin said:
It´s disgusting how our society has created this environment in which a minority *can* only be represented by its negative examples, but never be its positive ones.
I'm trying to follow what you are saying, but for the life of me, I can't think of a "positive example of a pedophile". In what way could a sexual attraction to children ever be positive?

Novid

Banned
Sqorgar said:
I'm trying to follow what you are saying, but for the life of me, I can't think of a "positive example of a pedophile". In what way could a sexual attraction to children ever be positive?

err, theres NONE.

Sennorin

Banned
Sqorgar said:

That is exactly what I criticized. A positive example would be a pedophile who admits his attraction, acknowledges that it is wrong act on it within our society and therefore keeps it all to his fantasy. Someone like this, and I´d guess most pedophiles are like that, isn´t a monster or a danger at all. But again, such people have no chance to provide a positive example because *we* don´t let them. The moment someone would come out and say "I´m pedophile and I hope to show you that I´m not a bad person", *we* would demonize that person and the forks would be lifted and the fires be flamed.

Sennorin said:
That is exactly what I criticized. A positive example would be a pedophile who admits his attraction, acknowledges that it is wrong act on it within our society and therefore keeps it all to his fantasy. Someone like this, and I´d guess most pedophiles are like that, isn´t a monster or a danger at all. But again, such people have no chance to provide a positive example because *we* don´t let them. The moment someone would come out and say "I´m pedophile and I hope to show you that I´m not a bad person", *we* would demonize that person and the forks would be lifted and the fires be flamed.
Should we as a society encourage them to step forward?

I'm not necessarily suggesting that we shouldn't acknowledge that people cursed with the affliction of simultaneously being attracted towards a group that they legally and morally obligated not to pursue were dealt a shitty hand. However, I'm at a loss on what to do about that really. As such, going out of one's way to defend this group of closeted individuals who long for that which they can't pursue almost seems like it's being tolerant just for the sake of being tolerant.

"You're pro gay-marriage, anti-racism, and anti-misogyny? Nice try, novice, but I go even further than that. You know those pedophiles everyone hates and fears so much? Well, I'm able to astutely conclude that the attraction itself isn't something they can control, so as long as they don't act on it, I'm cool with it. You know, because I'm so tolerant."

Sqorgar

Banned
Sennorin said:
I'm still not following. If someone has a sexual attraction to children, but does not act upon it, how is that something worth sharing with others? If he doesn't act on those desires, it isn't illegal. But the fantasies he has are repulsive. Those should be kept private, and this person should seek help (in private). Going public with the fact that you masturbated to your neighbor's eight year old daughter isn't really going to be a positive influence on anybody, as far as I can tell.

Acerac

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
Should we encourage those afflicted to step forward and tell their story so that we might shower them with our support? I just can't picture the "good" ones who don't act on their desire really wanting to step forth and be recognized. As such, I think it's largely understood that, even if the language employed betrays intent, when people talk of pedophiles as loathsome individuals, we're talking about those who act on it implicitly. After all, it's difficult to truly hate an unknown quantity even if we claim to do so in principle.
Yes, giving support to people who have things wrong with the way their mind works would be an excellent idea.

No need to recognize them for stepping forward, of course that would be counterintuitive, but helping them deal with their malady would both benefit them and society as a whole.

About your last point, the amount of time the term "fag" gets thrown around in the world makes it very difficult to agree with. People can hate with little logic involved. While you yourself may be logical enough to not fall to this trap, it is more than common from the populace as a whole.

Though perhaps my classmates in 4th grade knew I'd end up gay. Very perceptive bullies they were. I'd quote Martin Prince but that'd be admitting I found some value in Simpsons past the golden age.

Acerac

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
As such, going out of one's way to defend this group of closeted individuals who long for that which they can't pursue almost seems like it's being tolerant just for the sake of being tolerant.

"You're pro gay-marriage, anti-racism, and anti-misogyny? Nice try, novice, but I go even further than that. You know those pedophiles everyone hates and fears so much? Well, I'm able to astutely conclude that the attraction itself isn't something they can control, so as long as they don't act on it, I'm cool with it. You know, because I'm so tolerant."
Tolerant for the sake of being tolerant? Yeah, that sounds a lot like me. Less so because of the joke you posted afterwards, and more that I'm sick of watching hate directed at people who can't change the situation they're in. You think these people want to be pedophiles?

Perhaps it is because I received so much hate when I was young that I'm like this, so it is tolerance for selfish reasons. It pisses me off whenever I see it no matter who it is directed at. I've gone off on more than one friend who attacks people from the middle east due to imagined associations with terrorists. In my eyes this is no different.

That being said, tolerance for tolerance's sake doesn't seem like as bad of a thing as you are making it out to be. I think the world would be a lot more pleasant if less hate was directed at groups who were not harming others.

JohnTuk

Banned
Acerac said:
Yes, giving support to people who have things wrong with the way their mind works would be an excellent idea.

Yeah, people with disease should be locked up. Put them in jail, throw away the key, right? Why bother right? We should just lock up everyone with mental illness, that would be better, right?

People talk like pedophilia is a choice. Did you choose the kind of person you would be attracted to?

Sure, some are asshole that should be locked up and even put to death but most are normal people that struggle with shit they didn't choose.

Acerac said:
About your last point, the amount of time the term "fag" gets thrown around in the world makes it very difficult to agree with. People can hate with little logic involved. While you yourself may be logical enough to not fall to this trap, it is more than common from the populace as a whole.
First of all, I think hating homosexuals is stupid and illogical, and makes absolutely no sense to me. As an extension of that, I don't like it when people throw pejorative terms like 'fag' out as a means of spreading towards a group of people that are just living their life causing them no harm.

However, I will say though that though I don't find their hatred founded or tolerable, it is a hatred towards actual people. Meaning, they use the pejorative towards people that either are gay, or people who think are gay. Even if they call out closeted individuals specifically, it makes little sense. You're calling out an unknown quantity. You're calling out people you don't even know about, then.

J-Rod said:
Perhaps psychopaths who would kill you just to pacify a moment of boredom should paint it as a sexual orientation so they too could have the sympathy of the internet. Or really, anyone who has a base desire that involves harming innocent people. Those poor souls need a defense force too, you know? It's not right that people who don't like the idea of harming others say bad things about those who do want to, especially when it's about getting a nut off.

You are a goddamn moron. The whole point of this was being against the rampant hate of pedophiles, even if they never have and never will act on it. If there's a guy who is mentally ill and it causes him to have murderous urges that he has to struggle against his whole life, then yeah, I feel horrible for that guy. Would you want to live with that in your mind?

I'm sure there are many people who have various urges that, if they were publicly known, would ruin them. If they can control it then there is no reason to hate them.

tiff

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
What are you proposing? Would society as a whole benefit from welcoming members who have a predilection towards a heinous, criminal act into the fold openly with open arms so long as they are part of the "good" group who successfully restrains themselves? Mind you, I kind of understand the point: they most certainly didn't choose to be like that, and as such they drew a crappy hand. However, I don't know if I can get behind any soft of progressive movement that encourages that it's okay to be attracted to kids so long as you don't act on it. Maybe hating such individuals is harsh, but tolerance of the preference is hard to get behind.
What does it being okay or not okay mean? We're not talking preventable actions here as far as I'm concerned. No one has a choice in becoming a pedophile, so what's the purpose of assigning any kind of moral value to the attraction? You can tell someone the way their brain is hard-wired is wrong, but if that had any real effect then I would think that this whole issue wouldn't be nearly as widespread as it is. It all seems pretty pointless to me.

Acerac

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
First of all, I think hating homosexuals is stupid and illogical, and makes absolutely no sense to me. As an extension of that, I don't like it when people throw pejorative terms like 'fag' out as a means of spreading towards a group of people that are just living their life causing them no harm.

However, I will say though that though I don't find their hatred founded or tolerable, it is a hatred towards actual people. Meaning, they use the pejorative towards people that either are gay, or people who think are gay. Even if they call out closeted individuals specifically, it makes little sense. You're calling out an unknown quantity. You're calling out people you don't even know about, then.
I see your meaning.

Perhaps a better example to use would be comparing it to those who say that they hate middle easterners solely due to terrorism. Is everyone from the middle east a terrorist? No. Is every pedophile going to endanger children? No.

Unlike you, most of the people don't care when they make this generalization. I'd be less annoyed if their insults didn't cover many of people to which the hate is unwarranted.

Apologies, I'd type more on the subject but I am late for work. >_<

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Novid said:
Its like this. I rather have a million Power Ranger/Maked Rider series on the air on the kids nets than one more Victorious. Those producers are mad and are very very insecure sexually. Dont get me started.
If possible could you expound if even a little?

tiff said:
What does it being okay or not okay mean? We're not talking preventable actions here as far as I'm concerned. No one has a choice in becoming a pedophile, so what's the purpose of assigning any kind of moral value to the attraction?
This is the kind of sentiment to me that is intellectually sound, but as far as being applicable to real world belief and ideology is fairly useless. Meaning, if this were Philosophy 101, I'm sure you could blow my mind expounding further. However, as far as this being the real world and applying it towards real individuals, I don't really know what to take from it.

tiff

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
This is the kind of sentiment to me that is intellectually sound, but as far as being applicable to real world belief and ideology is fairly useless. Meaning, if this were Philosophy 101, I'm sure you could blow my mind expounding further. However, as far as this being the real world and applying it towards real individuals, I don't really know what to take from it.
I don't think we have much more to discuss, then.

For curiosity's sake, though, what do you think about men and women who have rape fantasies?

Sennorin

Banned
Sqorgar said:
I'm still not following. If someone has a sexual attraction to children, but does not act upon it, how is that something worth sharing with others? If he doesn't act on those desires, it isn't illegal. But the fantasies he has are repulsive. Those should be kept private, and this person should seek help (in private). Going public with the fact that you masturbated to your neighbor's eight year old daughter isn't really going to be a positive influence on anybody, as far as I can tell.

The point is, someone shouldn´t be declared a monster or whatever for the fantasies he has. But that´s the problem: All those "positive" pedophiles have to live in fear, because they know: *If* someone finds out about their attraction (be it because of a weird wording, a strange hobby like collecting certain figurines, or whatever, doesn´t even have to make sense in the context of pedophilia), they´re ruined, they´re forever marked as monsters. I don´t have to be part of this minority to be able to imagine how horrible such a life has to be. In conclusion, if we hear about someone being pedophile, our first thought shouldn´t be "I hope he dies", but "poor soul". That´s because the association should be along the lines of pedophiles being forced to be asexual beings, instead of child raping monsters. If you want to argue that, I have to assume that, again, I am a rapist.

@Steve Youngblood: The "I´m at a loss as to what to do in reality" is exactly what this propaganda against pedophiles has done to us. We don´t know. The media and conservatives have taught us that such people are bad and are best dead. But since you and me are smart, ethical beings, we know that cannot be right. But that doesn´t enlighten us in terms of what to do *instead*. Ideally, see above, we would treat them like every other person. I´m not raping girls when I see the chance, just like pedophiles wouldn´t rape children when they see a chance. However, I realize that this would an impossible task to our current world. People wouldn´t accept that. Which is why we have to start little by little by having discussions such as this one here, where we talk about what´s right and what´s wrong, and maybe, just maybe this will spread and start a change somewhere and sometime. You know, I´m naive in many ways, but I´m also hopeful that ignorance will always lose in the long term. :)

Nix

Banned
Kim Kardashian was not fourteen in that photo! I won't believe that, because if I do, I'll have some very, very conflicted feelings, and that...would make me sad.

Though, I think she's one of the except...oh. Forget what I just said, just forget it. I'm going to go under that rock over there. Damn.

tiff said:
I don't think we have much more to discuss, then.

For curiosity's sake, though, what do you think about men and women who have rape fantasies?
In the role-playing with a willing partner sense, or the "I strongly desire having sex with women against their will" sense? The former seems odd to me, but is by definition not rape and a poor facsimile of what society finds deplorable about rape. The latter I would certainly find worrisome.

X26

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
My dad is 9 years older than my mom.

What say you, NeoGAF?

My parents age difference is even bigger than that, kind of creeps me out when I think about it but my mom was over 18 when they met, atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom