• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
D3D84C1804EB942318C118B2CD29D59CD722322B

Fuuuuck that's harsh.

I just sold my dupe weapons to raise the extra pennies I was missing to open a crate.

Got a fucking Five-Seven Kami, which I already have a StatTrak version of, gragh.

Got into a game with double AK's today. I only did as badly as a typical bad game at my regular rank.

I don't want to reach that rank though, because then people will criticize me for randomly buying Nova or UMP.

Aerocrane

Got into a game with double AK's today. I only did as badly as a typical bad game at my regular rank.

I don't want to reach that rank though, because then people will criticize me for randomly buying Nova or UMP.

If you can pull off plays like this with the Nova you should be fine :p It really shouldn't matter if you buy a Nova or UMP randomly as long as you can actually play well with it.
and I don't even have a rank in competitive mode so you probably shouldn't listen to me

cheezcake

Lol my regular stack is entirely MGE or MG2 and we always have or two guys buy novas after we win pistol round. Mainly for fun but they pay so much $$$ for kills too.

rCIZZLE

Two matches in a row where the whole other team had 140+ ping. Should be an option to "wait for players with reasonable pings".

soultron

Banned
Love when people cuss you out for no reason. I was counting CTs on Dust2, counted all that crossed to B, then someone who solo'd to B was like, "Yo, why the FUCK didn't you call that, MOTHERFUCKER?"

I did and you still solo'd, you moran.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I just played a game where my whole team decided to use Tec 9s and grenades only as Ts and Five-Seven/Grenades on CT and we managed to beat them 16-5.

They were using AWPs, Auto Snipers, AKs, you name it. Could not touch us.

The joys of Silver IV rank.

fuck it i'm buying a stat track

Nekofrog

Banned
copy/pasting my post from the league thread

so

i played a shit ton of CS back in the day. started in beta 7, played through 1.5 somewhere in between there I was in the #3 clan of OGL west back when that was a thing. (quick sidenote, that same clan started myg0t as a means of trolling back then. it was me as khyron/g0d/xpl0it back in teh day)

would I be able to pick up CS GO and not be terrible at it? Is it similar to those? Pretty sure I still have all the mechanics and environmental awareness of 1.5 still memorized.

vocab

copy/pasting my post from the league thread

so

i played a shit ton of CS back in the day. started in beta 7, played through 1.5 somewhere in between there I was in the #3 clan of OGL west back when that was a thing. (quick sidenote, that same clan started myg0t as a means of trolling back then. it was me as khyron/g0d/xpl0it back in teh day)

would I be able to pick up CS GO and not be terrible at it? Is it similar to those? Pretty sure I still have all the mechanics and environmental awareness of 1.5 still memorized.

You wont be terrible at it, but you kinda have to get used to the a) the source engine, b)the maps C) the angles and some other odd things I rather not talk about because its not relevant to getting started.

The guns are all different so you'll have to relearn them.

Clydefrog

Love when people cuss you out for no reason. I was counting CTs on Dust2, counted all that crossed to B, then someone who solo'd to B was like, "Yo, why the FUCK didn't you call that, MOTHERFUCKER?"

I did and you still solo'd, you moran.

I love when people yell "OH MY GOD COME TO A" and there's one enemy there. Meanwhile, B gets overtaken.

I love when people yell "OH MY GOD COME TO A" and there's one enemy there. Meanwhile, B gets overtaken.
Nonono, 3 or more guys are B, against one T dicking around with them from tunnels. Meanwhile, clearly visible on everyone's radar, is the other 4+ Ts coming A. The guys at B don't move, and somehow get killed. Happens. Every. Time.

Caught this on Reddit, PC Gamer on why cs_office is one of the best maps made by human civilization. Taking a very casual minded stance on it meant the people in the Reddit thread weren't the best to read comments about it.

The video mostly shows CS:S footage and I think catches onto why it was just so alluring despite not having much going for it competitively. Back when I popped in CS:S beta before HL2 came out, I just loved the atmosphere of the office building with the snowy exterior. Physics props all over the place, an HE grenade made it a sight to behold. The layout analysis starts missing the mark when he works off the assumption that Ts are going to move forward and attempt to breach CTs as much as they are them. But again, very casual take here and that's how a lot of pubs end up anyhow. Never quite touches on the end round goals though, kind of skips over hostages entirely.

I've made it a record FIVE matches without losing Nova 3.

Does anyone feel that the P250's skins are sort of lacking? I buy it a lot, but none of the skins really are all that appealing. I like just the simple two-tone skins like Candy Apple or single solid colors like Colony and Anodized, but all the P250 skins are covered in patterns or swirls and such.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
P250 Steel Disruption is my favorite. The pattern is very subtle in-game - not nearly as bright as it seems in the market pic:

360fx360f

It really is a sexy piece. Completely agree with the pattern difference. The picture made it seem a bit more DDPAT-ish but the pattern is very subdued unless the light hits it just right.

CoolS

P250 Steel Disruption is my favorite. The pattern is very subtle in-game - not nearly as bright as it seems in the market pic:

360fx360f

That, my StatTrack 5-7Kami and maybe the CZ Candy Apple are the only skins i have for weapons I actually use a lot and really like. Everything else so far has either been for weapons I rarely use or I didn't like the skin, so I sold it.

Nekofrog

Banned
About to give my first game of Counter-Strike in almost 10 years a go. Expecting to be wrecked by 12 year olds.

edit; WOW the server window hasn't changed a goddamn bit in 10 years

edit 2: it doesn't have my classic ak-47 sound, uninstalling D:

CoolS

About to give my first game of Counter-Strike in almost 10 years a go. Expecting to be wrecked by 12 year olds.

Well, that was fast ^^

KiKaL

Well servers still seem screwed. Just got DC'd in the middle of a competitive match and after 4 tries finally reconnected to see 3 other people got DC'd also. They didn't reconnect in time so they received a cool down penalty. Then 2 minutes later I got DC'd again and couldn't reconnect and probably have one now as well.

f0rk

So I queue competitive for the first time and I get someone with some boosting website in there name on my team with a blatant aim bot and 2-3 on the other team blatantly cheating as well. Is this normal? Couldn't kick him off our team because of the idiot getting 'boosted' votes no but then he gets kicked for 'playing on a convicted account'. Then we surrender. How do you report and stuff in this?

I guess it doesn't matter cos steam is fucked anyway

It says one VAC ban on record on one of their steam profiles why can they even play :/

soultron

Banned

Big gulps, eh? Welp, see ya later!

feel

Well servers still seem screwed. Just got DC'd in the middle of a competitive match and after 4 tries finally reconnected to see 3 other people got DC'd also. They didn't reconnect in time so they received a cool down penalty. Then 2 minutes later I got DC'd again and couldn't reconnect and probably have one now as well.
Shit's fucked up. People getting heavy cooldowns left and right without it being their fault. 80% of my games this past week have ended up ruined with a bot or two because of these issues, so annoying. Volvo pls fix asap.

KiKaL

Just hit rank Master Guardian 1. It's been a goal for a while to get there and now I don't even want to play in case I lose it hah.

feel

1q7xd3f8ckhw.gif

Aerocrane

It says one VAC ban on record on one of their steam profiles why can they even play :/

VAC Bans are specific to a game or a game engine. If you get VAC banned in a Source game, you can't play any other Source games on VAC servers either. Same deal with GoldSrc. The Call of Duty games have had VAC since Modern Warfare 2 and those bans are game-specific. If they guy you played against got VAC banned in a Call of Duty game, his profile will state that he has a ban, but he can still play Source games just fine until he gets a VAC ban in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom