• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

3hzMUtd.png

CoolS

Dear CS GAF.

When I posted this OT to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive more than two years ago, I did it because No one else seemed to be interested in doing it and because I felt sad about that. I had played a lot of 1.6 during my teenage years and felt like this new and updated version had a lot of potential. SO I decided to throw together a quick OT.

The funny thing is that I didn't even buy the game when it was released back then. I was short on cash and decided to wait till a later date, especially since I still had other games in my backlog. I visited from time to time, but I didn't post a lot and the thread was barely used at times.
At one point I bought the game and played on and off. But Valve kept putting time into GO and kept evolving it as an esport. That, coupled with my roommate and some friends buying the game, pulled me back into CS once again. With the introduction of skins, CS:GO exploded and became more and more popular, and suddenly CS GAF developed at a very quick pace. Suddenly I also found people on my level to play with here. We used to be only a few regular people, but we kept growing.

People became addicted to gambling and we were worried if we needed a second thread just for that, but in the end it evened out and we kept talking about our plays the same way we talk about pro games and betting. Or just fun stuff in general. We even have our very own GAF Montage (aka Atsuo's highlights).

People like anders have been hinting that 2015 will be GOs biggest year yet. In the same way I'm sure that CS:GO GAF will continue to grow and we will spend lots of fun times talking about Counter-Strike.

It was a fun thread. Thanks for riding with us. See you on the other side.

Welcome to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

udiie

modbot autolocks it now? I've seen threads go past 20k.

mods dont come to community

hahaha famous last words
killed that exam, killed that paper i spent forever working on. will be anxious to kill some CTs with the puma.
y'all couldnt even hit the end before i was done. let me down yet again csgaf
animl uses mouse acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom