• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

udiie

Don't play that much anymore though, at least not right now.

wut
jTCbx8g.png

MayMay

Banned
"Anymore"? Didn't you pull an all-day CS event like two days ago or something? :p

Half the reason I play this game is for the groups. If I'm by myself, I'll play one match a day or less. I played about one or two a week until this summer... And maybe that's the best way to play.

But that isn't gonna happen for the time being. I haven't enjoyed a single game this much since in like 5+ years.

Hah, I remember I did something like that a week or two ago - on a weekend. It might seem like I play "all-day" for yall Americans - but my secret is.... I play at night (seeing as I'm a European and in a way different timezone). I spend my day doing productive stuff, and when I get home in the afternoon/evening I start playing CS. And as I said, who needs sleep? So that can go on for quite some time -- especially when I dont have to get up early in the morning for Uni etc.

That's roughly 4-5ish hours a day, I guess. And seeing as CS is the only game I play atm - that's not thaaaaat much lol. Sometimes I play a bit more, sometimes a bit less (didnt touch the game at all today).

udiie

That's roughly 4-5ish hours a day, I guess. And seeing as CS is the only game I play atm - that's not thaaaaat much lol. Sometimes I play a bit more, sometimes a bit less (didnt touch the game at all today).
im pretty much exactly the same right now
in fact ive got 63.6 hours these past two weeks, probably a good 90% of that spent playing with you guys lol

MayMay

Banned
I took two days off but I'm not gonna pretend I'm not an absolute addict at this point! lol

I'm just trying to make myself feel better about all this.. xD CS "destroyed" my life since June - 95% of my time playing games since then has been spent in Counter-Strike. And my backlog keeps growing.. and growing. It's sad, really lol.

im pretty much exactly the same right now
in fact ive got 63.6 hours these past two weeks, probably a good 90% of that spent playing with you guys lol

Because we're the coolest CS group there is, of course.

CoolS

Started working 2 weeks ago, and coupled with a new gf, I notice how much less time I have to play GO. Or like somebody already said, sometimes I come home and just don't want to sit in front on the monitor after doing that alld ay long. :/

Haroon

Atsuo after your finals man, the great Atsuo battles. It'll be Gaf vs Atsuo and the lower ranking players.

That's the only way we can balance things out.

Today is the beginning of the end. We shall fight soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027225740

add me, i'm going to sleep in a couple minutes

I added you, man. I shall chat with you later today (I will be in school all day today).

Pro tip: bet low on littleworm. Heard a rumor he has kidney stones. Could affect his play.

I hope it is false man. Good luck!

Started working 2 weeks ago, and coupled with a new gf, I notice how much less time I have to play GO. Or like somebody already said, sometimes I come home and just don't want to sit in front on the monitor after doing that alld ay long. :/

How things went for CoolS: Oh sweet, they accepted me. Finally, I got a job in this terrible economy. Well... I guess the next logical step is a girlfriend. Oh sweet, she said yes! Alright cool. I got them both now. *comes home from chilling with gf, and work* Alright, I guess I will play some GO now. Ehh, fuck it. Some other time.

Omega

Banned
lmao watching some swedish guy stream. he yells at his teammates to go B because it's clear and calls them idiots until they do. they finally go B. and there's a guy closet that just sprays them all down.

this is why i don't listen to teammates

CoolS

Out of the maps I play, the only B site I like is Inferno and maybe mirage. The rest feels like a deathtrap.

The good thing about inferno is that B is really easy too smoke of, so as long as you can get an entry frag/get on site, you are good. A good CT duo will lock down B though.

http://www.twitch.tv/rlenk
this is probably the best thing i could ever watch while trying to study

how long do you think you could play CSGO for straight without any real breaks?
I'm pretty sure I've maybe hit 6-7 hours straight, but I just start getting really shitty and dying a lot.
I used to do 7 hours + all the time when I first started playing cs1.6. During the summers I would often stay up till 3 or 4 just pubbing or ringing for other teams. I was a young buck. Even now with cs:go, I often put together 7-10 hours (usually with like 20 minute breaks every two hours). Those though are often filled with Netflix tv shows. Half the reason I've been dmg for such a percentage of my time has been because I'm watching xfiles/heroes/lost/chuck while MMing

I've long considered cs a very bad influence on my life, usually I'll take a couple month long break to do a lot more reading, writing, etc

Ludono

Today is the beginning of the end. We shall fight soon.

How things went for CoolS: Oh sweet, they accepted me. Finally, I got a job in this terrible economy. Well... I guess the next logical step is a girlfriend. Oh sweet, she said yes! Alright cool. I got them both now. *comes home from chilling with gf, and work* Alright, I guess I will play some GO now. Ehh, fuck it. Some other time.

I'm quite curious to see how well I'd fare against the mighty Atsuo xD

Kind of different but same for me. Got a job overseas, moved overseas and started to go clubbing hanging out with girls way more but somehow that meant dropping all other games in favour of CSGO (weeknights mainly, weekends are for parrrrrty). My backlog has suffered xD

Morzak

Just Ranked up to Silver Elite Master :) With a good comeback lost CT side on Cache with 10-5 won 16-11. Thanks to Teammates starting hitting shots ended with 36k. Slowly working may way up to a Rank and skill level where I wouldn't be a Drag for EU CS gaf ;)

Clydefrog

Hi, my name is Clydefrog and I am a CS:GO addict.

I lost my shit last night, yelled at my team and said they all deserve to be silvers.

Omega

Banned
Why is Steam customer support such a piece of shit?

Last week I wanted to add $5 so I could open up my cases. I get a message saying the transaction couldn't be completed. I still get charged for it though. I email them, and I just get a reply back.
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

It appears as though you were able to complete your purchase.

Please log out of your Steam account and log back in to ensure the game appears in your Library > Games list.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks for the wonderful advice. maybe if I log in and out for the 30th time it'll actually show up in my wallet

udiie

Last week I wanted to add $5 so I could open up my cases. I get a message saying the transaction couldn't be completed. I still get charged for it though. I email them, and I just get a reply back.

Thanks for the wonderful advice. maybe if I log in and out for the 30th time it'll actually show up in my wallet

i cant believe thats still not resolved
it was funny before but now i just feel bad for laughing at you

edit: CS:GO |OT2| I opened 300 cases and all I got was this silver 4

Mokoi

Banned
Just Ranked up to Silver Elite Master :) With a good comeback lost CT side on Cache with 10-5 won 16-11. Thanks to Teammates starting hitting shots ended with 36k. Slowly working may way up to a Rank and skill level where I wouldn't be a Drag for EU CS gaf ;)
Congrats man you're moving up in the world. I can't wait for finals to be over this week, so I begin operation nova. Going to play so much cs.

lol, you would think with how big steam has gotten they would improve their support division, but nope it is not going to happen. In my experience Amazon support is the best.

Omega

Banned
i cant believe thats still not resolved
it was funny before but now i just feel bad for laughing at you

edit: CS:GO |OT2| I opened 300 cases and all I got was this silver 4

I don't play anything besides CS, I spend money on this game foolishly trying to get a knife. If they won't actually give me my $5 back and instead give me dumb ass advice then I just won't spend money

They track all your purchases, failed or not, which you can see for yourself. I find it amazing they tell me the purchase went through when it clearly shows that i never did and that I still have $.02 in my account.

2sQpkrH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom