• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jburton

Banned
Moving and shooting is almost a no go, you really have to stand still. I wish spraying was like 1.6, I find myself emptying a clip with my AK on someone really close and only 1 bullet hits.

I find the AK is particularly sensitive to running and gunning, take a knee or stand still and it's lethal.

Famas on burst is a great strafe weapon, just aim for the head and boom!

TripOpt55

I have been playing this on PS3 and it is really fun. I have never played a CS game before, so sometimes I do terrible, but usually I am okay and I had some really good matches (I guess it depends on the team you are playing).

Moving and shooting is almost a no go, you really have to stand still. I wish spraying was like 1.6, I find myself emptying a clip with my AK on someone really close and only 1 bullet hits.
p90 is still the king of spray 'n pray.

also, despite it seeming like everyone claiming the bizon is terrible, i've had some success with it.

How do I make sure I get matched up with people my own skill level (PC). Just click play>classic casual? Is there a special way to do the matchmaking?

I find the AK is particularly sensitive to running and gunning, take a knee or stand still and it's lethal.

Famas on burst is a great strafe weapon, just aim for the head and boom!

Famas is great, being able to get it 2nd round is real fun.

I have been playing this on PS3 and it is really fun. I have never played a CS game before, so sometimes I do terrible, but usually I am okay and I had some really good matches (I guess it depends on the team you are playing).

yea the game is really addictive. I am quickly becoming a huge CS fan.

SteveWD40

Question: can anyone with a Logitech F710 confirm this works on the PC version? I was about to pick up the controller from Amazon and random google search led me to a thread on the Steam forum saying it wasn't working with no reply's...

I know it's supposed to be just as compatible as the 360 pad but I have heard of isolated cases where it isn't, I can't use kb&m due to mild carpal tunnel.

Xero

How do I make sure I get matched up with people my own skill level (PC). Just click play>classic casual? Is there a special way to do the matchmaking?

Finding a server that just says noobs only maybe? Honestly it would be best not to play with people your same skill level. You will get much better quicker playing with much better opponents. However I realize the time it takes to get their might not be enjoyable for you.

I have to say the dualies seem really awesome in this. I didn't really mess with them a whole lot in source, aside form messing around, and they made good companions with the shotgun, but in this they've become my go to weapon. I've gotten tons of kills with them. Turning a corner to find 2 enemies and headshotting them both with dualies is awesome. They definitely feel more accurate, and with the lower price point its hard to pass them up.

Actually one way I've been using them which may help some people, is obviously recoil is much bigger in GO then any other counter-strike game. So I've been using the dualies whenever I'm running anywhere, since the spread is smaller, its more accurate the a lot of the heavier weapons when moving. When I'm guarding a place, or camping waiting for someone, I switch to my rifle. Its been working really well for me.

Some other advice for people, is to choose your weapon depending on your environment. If I'm playing office, depending which way I go, different weapons are better suited. If I'm ct and going outside a rifle might be better if we are being pushed from outside. Also once you get inside their are a few long hallways before the hostages. If you are going Right up the steps, a closer ranged weapon is better suited. So a shotgun or smg is a better pick. Or inferno and going the apartments route. I killed 3 people rapid fire with the sawed off in their.

I'm really trying to get good use out of the new decoy grenades also. I really like the molotovs as well.

Voltron64

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to a match with a party of friends on the 360? We can't get into a game. Probably won't be buying this after all, not a good first impression.

equil

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to a match with a party of friends on the 360? We can't get into a game. Probably won't be buying this after all, not a good first impression.

Yea, its been like that since launch. Sometimes if you wait forever it'll eventually find a match, but its quicker just to have one person join a game and then get everyone else to join his game, and vote off the other people on your team.

Omega

Banned
What effects your ELO?

I was the second rank yesterday, forget what's it called. Anyway, I stopped playing competitive and it went down. Played a couple of matches today and it went up after pretty much every game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-bots
-played as terrorists
-bought the molotov
-dust2 map
- when to location a
-saw enemy i get him with molotov he then burns tries to run away with knife i killed him ha

And platinum. Thanks to a dude at PS3 trophies for that. Though the bot switching to the knife on Easy Bots is a little luck based. Took me like two hours but did this completely offline. Now I can go online and get ROLOLOLOL FACEROLLED. :(

Omega

Banned
And platinum. Thanks to a dude at PS3 trophies for that. Though the bot switching to the knife on Easy Bots is a little luck based. Took me like two hours but did this completely offline. Now I can go online and get ROLOLOLOL FACEROLLED. :(

the enemy actually has to have his knife out? i got it by knifing someone who was shooting me with a pistol.

TheSeks

the enemy actually has to have his knife out? i got it by knifing someone who was shooting me with a pistol.

Weird. Must've glitched out on you because it has to be a knife-on-knife battle apparently to get it.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
I have tried various times today to play online with the 360 version and the game is completely broken and unplayable. I can play other games online fine, but this game I simply can't. I can't even walk around the level it just stutters and resets.

This is the worst experience I've had with a 360 game. I can play Halo, Gotham City Imposters, and Shadowrun fine online. CS:GO just doesn't work properly. There has to be some sort of major bug in the netcode.

I've been getting game crashes every-other map change (PC). Anyone have or had this problem? How'd you resolve it? Game is fun otherwise. I probably shouldn't have spent the month before release playing Source: none of my skills translated to GO. Hahahaha

Zebra

What is up with this game's matchmaking system throwing me into matches that I didn't ask for? I'll decide I want to play some competitive Dusk, I click go, then it will throw me into Nuke? Or I will decide that I want to play a hostage game, then it will throw me into a bomb game? Even more weird is when I choose to play demolition and it sends me to Office, and on the loading screen it even describes Office as demolition and as a 'bomb scenario' when it is definitely not.

I've been getting game crashes every-other map change (PC). Anyone have or had this problem? How'd you resolve it? Game is fun otherwise. I probably shouldn't have spent the month before release playing Source: none of my skills translated to GO. Hahahaha

YES. It's annoying as hell. Sadly I have not found a solution, other then just finding a server that sticks to the same map 24/7. :[

Xero

I will say the game has been playing great for me. No problems at all I'm loving it. Its a nice blend of different and the same. I've messed around with arms race and demo a few times, when my gf is finishing a tv episode of something and i'm just wasting time. Works for nice quick games.

Smash88

Banned
GyJTT.jpg

I want to smash things, and G4 is one thing I want to smash.

Robot Pants

I hate that I like the odd ball maps like Vertigo. Prodigy and Assault should be here.

Miss all of those.
I miss my favorite map of all time though, which really would never translate well into what CS has become. It was awesome in beta 6. Not to mention AS maps are gone for good.
But I miss as_Riverside

GyJTT.jpg

I want to smash things, and G4 is one thing I want to smash.

I wish they would add iron sights so then nobody could complain anymore. But dont change anything else about the game. A very good player could headshot 4 or 5 players before any of them could get the iron sights up.

Xero

I'm strange and I love assault style maps. Its usually pretty hard for the attackers, but I love it. The idea of storming this heavily fortified building is awesome, even If I'm losing. Everyone on my cs clan server usually hated the map clubdome, but it was one of my favorites. Same with all the nipper house variations, and the haunted house maps. Nipperxmas house was a favorite.

I have some questions, perhaps questions that cannot be answered. This is for the 360 version.

1. Why are certain maps inextricably linked to certain modes? In other words why I can't I play the usual version of the game where you buy weapons at the start in every map?

2. Why can't I set match times/score limits myself? Particularly for private/offline matches.

3. Why does playing in a private match with a friend against bots force us out of private/party chat? I don't think the bots care if we're not talking to them.

4. Why does the in game chat between the two of us get all broken up and garbled, but when we were in a party chat it was fine? (I will grant that maybe this is not the game but perhaps one of our connections. But it seems weird that it's only the in game chat that's affected.)

5. Why does it look like a game from 2007? I know the PC version was always going to look 1000x better, but why can't the console version at least look like other modern console games? And it doesn't even run at 60FPS.

TheSeks

I have some questions, perhaps questions that cannot be answered. This is for the 360 version.

1. Why are certain maps inextricably linked to certain modes? In other words why I can't I play the usual version of the game where you buy weapons at the start in every map?

By design. Maps locked to certain modes/objectives is better overall for map design than jack of all trades/master of none. Simply see Call of Duty or Battlefield 3 for these. Rush vs Conquest vs Team Deathmatch all using the same maps in BF3 for instance (outside of Close Shit--er--Quarters) being heavily diluted because they all use the same areas/bounds for their modes.

2. Why can't I set match times/score limits myself? Particularly for private/offline matches.

Dunno, not being able to set a custom match (or host one online, IIRC?) is kinda stupid, yeah. Ask Valve/devs about that.

3. Why does playing in a private match with a friend against bots force us out of private/party chat? I don't think the bots care if we're not talking to them.

It's by design. Private Matches may be used for Scrimmages and because this is a "competitive" shooter party-chat is completely disabled by default, which, IMO is a good thing. No cheating going on and complainers about it need to understand that.

4. Why does the in game chat between the two of us get all broken up and garbled, but when we were in a party chat it was fine? (I will grant that maybe this is not the game but perhaps one of our connections. But it seems weird that it's only the in game chat that's affected.)

Maybe dev's fault. DICE has issues with in-game VoIP as well, but it may be an XBL SDK thing, who knows.

5. Why does it look like a game from 2007? I know the PC version was always going to look 1000x better, but why can't the console version at least look like other modern console games? And it doesn't even run at 60FPS.

Because Source engine, which was dated the day Doom 3 was announced in 2002. Yes, the engine is that old (and IIRC been in development even longer).

PC doesn't look that much better either, just higher textures and a higher frame-rate.

Contemplating buying it for my PS3 and plugging my extra USB Mouse/KB in and having a go at it.

Never played CS and havent touched a M/KB shooter since my BF2 addiction....

TheSeks

It's not bad and the addition of bots help. But if you're one of those "OMG 60 FPS vs 30 FPS" people you're probably gonna have a bad time and should just stop yourself before you come here to bitch about a minor issue. :/

Though up the mouse speed a bit. The default is kinda slow, IMO. But it depends on your mouse connected to the PS3.

Any chance we'll see cs_mansion make a return? Or was that not an official map?

Really hope we do, cause Safehouse is fun but it's too damn small. I'm also jones'in for some assault.

f@luS

More than a member.
If i buy it with my US psn account (not main) will i be able to play later with the EU players? or its server region locked?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
If i buy it with my US psn account (not main) will i be able to play later with the EU players? or its server region locked?

I'm in Italy and purchased it from the US store (of course). Being matched with French/German people ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom