• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Can peep the unboxing video above for the funi edition.

The Amazon one seems more functional, since it's just a big clamshell box, so maybe use that one for regular use.
Ok Sounds like a plan. Funimation has a sick cover, so I think I can just leave it wrapped and look at it.

Has anyone mentioned that Hulu now has Cowboy Bebop? Only the first 4 episodes now, the rest come on December 19th.

Sub and Dub.
HOLY SHIT GOD DAMN FUCK!!! Thanks for the info. Of course they stop it at four.

Yuuichi

The Funi set was first up for pre-orderr at like $75 I think? Could be wrong, though. Amazon set was $70 for a while, then went up to $90 before it sold out.

I paid $65 for my funi set, it went up sometime between the pre-order date and a few weeks ago. Excited to sit down with bebop again, maybe I'll watch the dub this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone mentioned that Hulu now has Cowboy Bebop? Only the first 4 episodes now, the rest come on December 19th.

Sub and Dub.

Toonami is also going to begin airing Bebop based off of this new HD remaster starting January 3. Which also means that most of the censoring they did to the show way back in the day that has been airing ever since will finally be gone.

Fjordson

Ok Sounds like a plan. Funimation has a sick cover, so I think I can just leave it wrapped and look at it.
Yeah, it looks great on the outside.

Also worth noting that the Funi edition is rarer. Only 2,500 sets versus the 10,000 Amazon sets.

What I want to know is will the quality be any good? I remember buying Samurai Champloo for Blu ray and being really impressed. What say you animeGAF?

tuffy

What I want to know is will the quality be any good? I remember buying Samurai Champloo for Blu ray and being really impressed. What say you animeGAF?
Champloo was a pretty old upscale. Since Funimation's Bebop release is based off of the Japanese telecined remaster, it should look even better - outside of the occasional upscaled scene with CG elements.

Timeless

I cancelled my $70 Amazon pre-order because I wasn't sure I'd like the series, nor was I sure I'd be able to find someone willing to buy it at the $90 MSRP. Whoops.

televator

Sigh... I should be happy that it's finally on BD, but... no soundtrack? Really? Not even in the one shaped like vinyl record packaging... I can't even... WUT.

I've got the Amazon edition pre-ordered. I've seen one or two episodes before, but never the whole series so I'm really excited for this to arrive!

MetalDeer

I've had the Amazon exclusive edition pre-ordered since August. I was lucky enough to put my order in when it was only $70. Can't wait to get it next week!

Faiz

Yeah, the temptation to sell my amazon copy on eBay is rising. Value is peaking, really. With 10,000 sets there's no way the secondary price market price is going to last once it's actually shipped.

Timeless

Yeah, the temptation to sell my amazon copy on eBay is rising. Value is peaking, really. With 10,000 sets there's no way the secondary price market price is going to last once it's actually shipped.
Just sell it. The discs are identical, and the art book will probably be released in some other format (if it hasn't been already).

overcast

Just sell it. The discs are identical, and the art book will probably be released in some other format (if it hasn't been already).
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I can fetch 400 or so, I can grab the other edition and put 350 or so towards my car savings. That seems like a great deal.

Question is, do I wait or sell it asap?

I wonder if the Funimation edition has a chance of being really rare. Only 2500 made. That's the one I got.

Also I regret cancelling my Amazon edition now...

IronRinn

Quite a jump on that Amazon set on eBay from the $70.00 on 11/7 to $355.00 on 11/28. Should have bought a few copies.

Wish I had seen that Funimation link earlier, would have bought one of those, too.

Lum1n3s

Holy manoley the Amazon edition is going for a crazy price online? I was sooooo not expecting that. Glad I got it pre-ordered when it first opened on Amazon.

People are weird. I got the standard version for 35 bucks and couldn't be more excited to get it. All I care about is Cowboy Bebop in HD and I'm getting it. Never gave a shit about collector's editions.

Sigma722

People are weird. I got the standard version for 35 bucks and couldn't be more excited to get it. All I care about is Cowboy Bebop in HD and I'm getting it. Never gave a shit about collector's editions.

Yeah this is why I skipped the special edition. Starting to get over SEs...

Tunic

Forgot all about this release! Quickly ordered on Amazon and am set to get it on release date with my Prime free trail! Can't wait to watch it in HD!

overcast

Well, I pre-ordered for 70 and I couldn't ask for a better package for that price.

Thing is people do, and I'm willing to sell it.

billeh

Forgot I had ordered the Amazon edition until I saw this thread pop back up .. Pretty pumped for my first watch through!

NoRéN

Fuck it. i'm selling mine. I would rather put that money toward a video card.

$200 amazon edition shipped with prime. PM only.

I thought the bump meant this was shipping a week early but holy shit at those ebay prices.
Hmmm, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom