• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

I just pre-ordered this. I've never seen the series but have always wanted to. Looking forward to finally checking it out.

Is the movie also worth buying on Blu Ray?

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I thought the movie was better than most of the show's episodes. The story is just a regular one-and-done deal, but the voice acting, the animation, the music, action, etc. are all really top-notch.

Scavenger

I canceled my UK preorder, hoping for PQ comparison. I hope it's 4 BD-50 discs, not 2 BD-50 and 2 BD-25 discs like usual with Funimation.

Fjordson

Sorry to go off-topic, but Amazon keeps recommending me Black Lagoon because of my Bebop pre-order.

Not sure how similar it is to CB based on what I've heard, but the blu-ray set is only $26 on Amazon. Worth it?

Tablo

Sorry to go off-topic, but Amazon keeps recommending me Black Lagoon because of my Bebop pre-order.

Not sure how similar it is to CB based on what I've heard, but the blu-ray set is only $26 on Amazon. Worth it?
YES YES YES, watch the dub it is one of the best shows I've ever watched. Fucking amazing. Buy that shit asap

It's a hell of a lot of fun, but I wouldn't say it's similar to Bebop. There's also an OAV series that isn't included in the box set you may want to take a look at.

Faiz

I love the look of the Funi packaging but I have no idea what I would actually do with it.

I think the art books and case of the Amazon set are still winning out for me mainly for practical reasons.

Does Funimation charge you right away on pre orders or when they ship? Already pre ordered the Amazon one but i'd like both but don't have the extra $$$ right now.

Savitar

Black Lagoon is outstanding.

Get it, you will not regret it.

And yes the dub is outstanding.

As intrigued as I am by having the series in vinyl packaging, it'd become the biggest pain in the ass were I ever to lend the series to anyone.

NoRéN

The price of the Funimation exclusive set went up $10. The Amazon exclusive set seems to have sold out for now.

Fjordson

Unboxing video of the Funimation exclusive edition

Pictures of the standard edition:

CB1_zps2fe73eff.jpg

CB2_zpsc6b2ec0d.jpg

PfWNcMW.jpg

Big Chungus

does amazon have some sort of exclusive packaging?

edit: nm, guess so.

bought he set from cinplex and it comes with 2 free movie tickets that could be used on any movie.

wonder if its worth getting the regular packaging just to save money at the movies.

Fjordson

The last picture lists the video as "SD Remaster", but the picture of the actual box says "HD Native". I'm a bit anxious about how the video quality will turn out, but I hope that it's been done justice.
They were talking about this on the blu-ray.com forums. I'm not terribly tech savvy when it comes to video stuff, but people seem confident that it'll be fine. I guess there is CG stuff where it will always be SD upscaled, unless they were to go back and completely remake it from scratch. Everything else will be HD native, which is the correct descriptor to use to avoid confusion. Hence the final box just listing "HD native".

Will that be available for people who buy from amazon.ca?
Well it's a separate edition, so if you ordered it then you'll get it. There's the regular edition (the pictures in my first post) and the exclusive, which is my second post with the art books.

But the Amazon US exclusive edition is totally sold out, so could be the same for Canada also.

Askani

Uhhh wow, so the Amazon set is going for $150-300 on ebay. Didn't see that coming.

And I say to myself over and over again "No no no...just keep your set. You want it. Don't resell it and get the plain jane Bluray set. No don't. No. No."

ugh i wanted to pre order the funimation one but never saw the link, now its gone from the site :/

and that is going for a lot of money now, oh well

how much was it?

Fjordson

Uhhh wow, so the Amazon set is going for $150-300 on ebay. Didn't see that coming.
Seeing people getting sales for over $400.

The evil side of me wishes I had ordered two copies of the Amazon set :lol quite the profit from the initial $70 price.

ugh i wanted to pre order the funimation one but never saw the link, now its gone from the site :/

and that is going for a lot of money now, oh well

how much was it?
The Funi set was first up for pre-orderr at like $75 I think? Could be wrong, though. Amazon set was $70 for a while, then went up to $90 before it sold out.

Xe4

Banned
Super glad I got both! I wonder If I should open one and keep the other mint. Any opinions on which I should leave?

Fjordson

Super glad I got both! I wonder If I should open one and keep the other mint. Any opinions on which I should leave?
Can peep the unboxing video above for the funi edition.

The Amazon one seems more functional, since it's just a big clamshell box, so maybe use that one for regular use.

Ourobolus

Banned
Has anyone mentioned that Hulu now has Cowboy Bebop? Only the first 4 episodes now, the rest come on December 19th.

Sub and Dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom