• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

There are so many bootlegs of that set it's hard to tell which Amazon listing legit.

I have a real copy (4 CDs + 1 mini CD + thick booklet, poster, etc) but the cover is different. I'm not sure of the silhouette variant was a first press bonus or is simply the cover of the bootleg.

Regardless, that set has a lot of dialogue and alternate takes of tracks. It's awesome but is only a small section of Bebop music.

If people want everything, as I did, you need a legit copy of that set PLUS:

OST1
Vitaminless
OST 2: No Disc
OST 3: Blue

Music for Freelance - this is a remix disc but still required owning in my opinion

Ask DNA - movie EP
Future Blues - movie OST
Cowgirl Ed - bonus movie disc

Tank! The! Best! - compilation with some game music

Space Bio Charge - Seatbelts / Kanno retrospective that has mostly old stuff but I think has retakes / variations. Own it, still not sure.

I believe that covers everything unique... At the very least it's what I own.
Oof. This is why I'd love the OST as a bonus :lol probably too much of a hassle for Funi to include it, though.

Yeah it's very unrealistic they'd offer that. The perfect sessions box Bandai put out ages ago which I also own came with OST1. I could see Funi getting something like Tank! The! Best! but that's about it. Really I think it'll be different art and various tchotchkes like their exclusive Attack on Titan LE sets.

sol_bad

Likely be the height / length of a DVD/bluray case to fit in the art box. Something like this I'd imagine:
qiXf9TX.png

(source)

when did this come out and how do I acquire it???

That's the LE version of Funimation's Lain set. Came out late November 2012, you should be able to find it on Amazon for a slight markup as it has since gone out of print. There's a regular edition and an even cheaper Anime Classics version out now too but it lacks the supplemental books.

sol_bad

That's the LE version of Funimation's Lain set. Came out late November 2012, you should be able to find it on Amazon for a slight markup as it has since gone out of print. There's a regular edition and an even cheaper Anime Classics version out now too but it lacks the supplemental books.

I see one from Ingram Entertainment. Categorized as Japanimation.
o_O
Obviously bootleg right?

I'm really tempted to get the Amazon set, but I don't want the DVD disks and extra stuff. Hopefully the Standard version will also have a reasonable price.

Faiz

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/08/2...ir-shop-cowboy-bebop-anime-exclusive-edition/

Funi is revealing the price and contents of their shop exclusive set.

Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
Exclusive Limited Edition tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
Display easel for packaging
Four exclusive art cards
One additional exclusive art card with foil-stamp autograph from series director Shinichiro Watanabe

List price $89.99, $64.99 at the current discount.

FP makes it sound like its available for preorder now but I couldn't find it.

Surprisingly think I'm gonna stick with the Amazon set. The Funi trifold album style sounds cool but I'd rather have the art books than art cards.

Edit: finally showed up in the shop. http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Sho...content=FUNimation_Exclusive&utm_nooverride=1

jbug617

Banned
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/08/2...ir-shop-cowboy-bebop-anime-exclusive-edition/

Exclusive Limited Edition tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
Four exclusive art cards
One additional exclusive art card with foil-stamp autograph from series director Shinichiro Watanabe

Surprisingly think I'm gonna stick with the Amazon set. The Funi trifold album style sounds cool but I'd rather have the art books than art cards.

Yeah the artbooks sound like a better deal and it's only $5 difference.

I like the Amazon one too. Like art books better than those things, plus, I don't really display that sort of stuff much (or have the room to).

Fjordson

Four exclusive art cards

Edit: finally showed up in the shop. http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Sho...content=FUNimation_Exclusive&utm_nooverride=1
Wow, guess I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order. Not that that set doesn't sound neat, but I'm also more interested in the art books.

Four exclusive art cards

Thanks Faiz. As predicted, I bought both.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the artbooks sound like a better deal and it's only $5 difference.
Definitely keeping my Amazon preorder.

I did! :D

So now we have details for physical extras on both. I'm hoping on-disc content will be the same between both editions.

It will be, they've already confirmed that.
Good news, thanks!

I can't decide. If the Funimation one is anything like the classic dvd style art, I'd love to have that. On the other hand, I don't have any Bebop artbooks.

Edit: Beaten to the punch

But I hope the Amazon one comes back down. Or I'll just see how much the standard edition costs and get that.

Even though I already have the Amazon pre-order set, I'm tempted to put down one for the Funi set because that packaging intrigues me. On the flip side, I doubt I'd ever display it.

Does Funi do the same as Amazon in that they won't charge your card until it ships?

BBboy20

I decided to get the Amazon version after evaluating art books versus trinkets and such. But damn, wished I payed attention to this thread much earlier.

Does Funi do the same as Amazon in that they won't charge your card until it ships?
Your card is actually only being charged once. When you purchase a pre-order from the FUNimation Shop, your card will be pre-authorized, which means that it will appear as if you have been charged for the title. The pre-authorization should drop off of your card a few days after you have sent in your pre-order. The timing of this depends on your financial institution. The full purchase amount of the pre-order will not actually be processed and charged to your card until your pre-order has been shipped.

If you believe that you have been charged twice for the same pre-order, please check your full banking or credit card statements and confirm whether the full amount of your pre-order was actually deducted twice. You should see that the funds were only deducted once overall while the earlier charge was only a pre-authorization and was debited back to your account later. Note: Some banks will place a hold on your payment and then return the funds after approximately 10 days. In this case, please check your statement to see if the bank has removed the hold from your account after your pre-order has shipped.

If the full amount of your pre-order was deducted twice, please visit www.funimation.com/support and choose "Shop - Orders" as the reason for contact.

Kind of tempted to preorder the Funi, but the Amazon one sounds preferable and I got in for the 75 dollar price tag.

Really just wish I could see them so I can see which I visually prefer.
I know. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I'm leaning towards Funimation because I like nice box sets, and if the design is similar to the classic Bandai DVDs, then I'm very interested.

Portman

Friend and I just saw the Funimation one and at first it sounded good to me but I'm going to stick with the Amazon one for the art book(s). Even though I was griping to him about the possible size of the art books I think I'll get more enjoyment out of them instead of a display. Plus I'm redoing my shelves right now and have my art books displayed and am trying to maximize space so that trifold cover would drive me nuts if I couldn't display it.

Depends. Here's how it pans out for me; I'm in NYC:

Amazon
Bebop Standard Edition BRD: $41.99
Tax: $3.73
Total: $45.72 (I am a Prime member)

RightStuf
Bebop Standard Edition BRD: $35.99
Economy Shipping: $3.49
Tax: $0 (IA residents only)
Total: $39.48

Obviously economy shipping will be a touch slower than Prime Two-Day. That said, RightStuf offers free shipping at $49, so throw another disc (or what have you) on that order and it's even cheaper.

omgkitty

Depends. Here's how it pans out for me; I'm in NYC:

Amazon
Bebop Standard Edition BRD: $41.99
Tax: $3.73
Total: $45.72 (I am a Prime member)

RightStuf
Bebop Standard Edition BRD: $35.99
Economy Shipping: $3.49
Tax: $0 (IA residents only)
Total: $39.48

Obviously economy shipping will be a touch slower than Prime Two-Day. That said, RightStuf offers free shipping at $49, so throw another disc (or what have you) on that order and it's even cheaper.

With Rightstuf they usually seem to ship stuff when they get it, so you could get it a few days early.

Hindle

Banned
Agents of Shield is starting soon, and looking at Chole Bennet makes me think she would make for an excellent Faye Valentine, should the Bebop movie ever get made.

Fjordson

What is this? I really only care about the blu rays. Already have DVDs.
Art books (140 pages of black & white concept art and sketches and a full color 48 page one) for the Amazon edition. Art cards, display easel, a foil card or something autographed by Watanabe and special packing for the Funimation edition.

RedSwirl

Holy shit. I spent all this time thinking the $100 set on Amazon was the standard price. They do a really good job of hiding the $60 actual standard edition on Amazon too! What the fuck is on the other five discs?!

Fjordson

Holy shit. I spent all this time thinking the $100 set on Amazon was the standard price. They do a really good job of hiding the $60 actual standard edition on Amazon too! What the fuck is on the other five discs?!
I think the special editions also come with the series on DVD.

Faiz

The Premium Editions are BluRay/DVD combo packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom