• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

FerranMG said:
Damn, these enemies look ugly.
All the more reason to shoot the fuck outta them. I think the game looks mighty fine. The original was one of those titles that looked so much better when you're actually playing it, anyway.

Althoran

Want this for the orbs but I don't know about the new enemies.
I don't know why they have chosen this path.

Would like some Video soon.

ShogunX

Althoran said:

Would like some Video soon.

Seems like you don't know a lot. It's Crackdown enough said.

Scribble

Spaceman Spiff said:
Looking good. It's a bit grittier, enough to let you know that things have gone to shit in the city, but it still keeps that wonderful Crackdown look.

2010 has some heavy hitters, and this will definitely be a contender. I know for a fact, though, that I won't have nearly as much pure, simple fun with those other games. :D

I agree. I thought it was going to be completely dark and gritty. 'Dark and gritty' is like the autotune of the games industry >_> It's not that bad, though...

Here's hoping the sequel will have some replay value. Loved my first playthrough with the first game, but it became boring really fast as there was no challenge whatsoever

Dabanton

Mr. Durden said:
Here's hoping the sequel will have some replay value. Loved my first playthrough with the first game, but it became boring really fast as there was no challenge whatsoever

The game is more about exploration,which the orbs propelled you to do,i always found my own fun in Crackdown especially with the keys to the city mode.

Ramenman

Althoran said:

It's just a way of having ennemies who can actually stand up to the agent's abilities instead of always fighting poor human beings that will stay stuck to the ground no matter what (until you blow them up with a car loaded with mines of course).

MirageDwarf said:
image_crackdown_2-11604-1857_0001.jpg
"I can see my house from here."

Looks like more attention has been given to physics.

xbhaskarx

Ramenman said:
It's just a way of having ennemies who can actually stand up to the agent's abilities instead of always fighting poor human beings that will stay stuck to the ground no matter what

Not true, they didn't need to go down the "ugly mutants" path for that:
They could have stayed with gangs, and given certain gang members / bosses Agent-like powers. If Agents have those abilities why can't other people? Also they could have also included enemy Agents among the police who attack you if you kill too many civilians.

Who is to say that there aren't genetically enhanced enemy humans from the Cell faction of the game? I don't mind mutants because they're already established in the original game as powerful enemies. Who cares if they're ugly or not? They're supposed to be revolting, having twisted human silhouettes...mutants. Some of you guys certainly are strangely picky about enemies that you're just supposed to kill any way you can as fast as you can. Not like you're going to have them in close ups during slow Mass Effect-style dynamic dialogue scenes or something...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good multiplayer vs. and a deeper SP campaign. This was an excellent game first time around -- too bad it had about 3 days worth of play and virtually no replayability.

This game has the potential to bring to multiplayer what Crackdown/GTA/Saints Row/Mercenaries DIDN'T.

Bring it... make it all-out 16v16 multiplayer mayhem.

Alx

I'm not sure I like the blood pools on the ground, I'd rather have "clean" corpses.
Everything else is great, I can't wait to play the game. :D

bunker said:
Not that the vehicles are what made the first game great, but the new skins and armor on the existing vehicles look pretty good.
Cel-shaded sandbox, brilliant! Reminds me of Robocop. Well, I hope this thing was actually being worked on since '06, rather than just revisited in '09.

24g3wcx.jpg

"Milk... was a bad choice!" :lol :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Alx said:
I'm not sure I like the blood pools on the ground, I'd rather have "clean" corpses.
Everything else is great, I can't wait to play the game. :D

Buy the german version if you want pussified corpses :lol

soldat7

Dear Ruffian Games,

I hope you are reading this as I have but one simple request: Please let my Agent carry an MP3 player with him so I can listen to the godly soundtrack everywhere and not just in my car.

Thanks,

soldat7

Ding

DeuceMojo said:
My favorite part of the original: the old man saying random stuff. Like when you're at the top of the headquarters building, looking at everything that's like a mile below and he says Are you SCARED? Or "I remember when this was all green fields!"
Huh. I don't remember the narrator saying either of those things. Any chance you're thinking of EDF?

Scribble

Shogun PaiN said:
Which is exactly what every single true Crackdown fan wanted.

DO NOT FUCKING MESS WITH MY CRACKDOWN.

I just hope that the 'new mission types' don't mess it up.

I'm slightly sad that there's zombies, and the game's a bit more gritty now. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be, but really? 'Dark and gritty' and 'zombies' are like the autotune of the games industry.

Also, it would be so cool if the zombies could jump as high and climb like you do. I can imagine some cool air battles happening. Maybe Crackdown 3?

Ding said:
Huh. I don't remember the narrator saying either of those things. Any chance you're thinking of EDF?

This is exactly why you need to play the game again, single-player w/o co-op, and take in the sights, let the controller idle sometimes, keep that volume up and have a laugh at how serious the dude is. The narrator (I don't want to offend our geriatric gamer friends :lol) says some hilarious stuff occasionally. It was definitely one of the more brilliant jobs of narration I've heard.

Top Bottom